Do Coach SA's get commission?

One thing that really impresses me is the thank you notes I usually get after I shop at a Coach boutique. They mention specific things in the note like another bag I was talking about. I think they take notes!! I almost wonder if I am being recorded!! :blush:As long as what happens in Coach, stays in Coach (or here on TPF! LOL) Don't need anyone telling DH what a lustful shopper I am! (yeah, like he don't know!)

One thing that really impresses me is the thank you notes I usually get after I shop at a Coach boutique. They mention specific things in the note like another bag I was talking about. I think they take notes!! I almost wonder if I am being recorded!! :blush:As long as what happens in Coach, stays in Coach (or here on TPF! LOL) Don't need anyone telling DH what a lustful shopper I am! (yeah, like he don't know!)
:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

it is great how they all offer their help....but weird because i don't know who i really want to help me and not make me spend all my money at once...but then again how they spelt my name totally wrong on the outside of the card and the inside is right and my pce has the wrong name....

The customer service is by far what makes Coach SA's stand out in a crowd.

:blush::blush: Coach Stores should be like Vegas; what happens at Coach stays at Coach. (DH would really be shocked!!!):lol:

No but I don't think they're allowed to discuss their benefits or pay. I believe there are incentives for their sales but not commission so that they work as a team rather than compete. I could be wrong, that's just my understanding from other posts I've read.

Yeah, it sounds as if they work as a team from what I've heard on here, but that's not the way they are at the Waikele outlet definitely!! I have noticed that the SA's don't breathe down people's necks like they used to a couple years ago though... It may have just been that group of SA's that worked there (and don't anymore).

Yeah, i'd like to know as well. I'm pretty sure they don't, since they aren't really running to complete a sale. That's why i'm SO glad we have an actual Coach store as opposed to being forced to shop at the department stores. Those people are RUTHLESS.

YES... A SA in TENN. told me they do, she even told me when I called back to make sure and tell the SA that was over the phone orders for that day to give her , her name and that she was helping me with the sale... this is when I ask her (the one who helped me) do you get commission and she was honest with me and said YES we do. If you've noticed... when a SA in the store is helping you and goes in the back to get your bag, etc ...she will take it to the register, some times being the one who checks you out but not always, some times she lets the other SA take it from there. This is the SA way of letting the other SA know... hey I get credit for this sale.
Hope this helps :smile:

^^ Interesting. All the SAs that post on TPF say no, they don't get commission. Here's a quote from Ms. Whitney, a SA on our board, from another thread:

SAs at coach doesn't get commission; we believe in teamwork and we try to help each other sell, not compete because that kind of environment hurts the sale rather then enhancing it...

so if we don't get commission whether you return the bag or not it doesn't matter. because we never get anything extra for it in the first place ;)

It's this thread, post #18: http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/question-for-those-who-work-at-coach-190857-2.html

They do get some sort of credit or incentive for sales. Again a quote from the same thread by Ms. Whitney:

;) theres a reason they ask for who helped you or why your SA name appears on your receipt, but yeah, no commission! it would be kinda of chaotic :nuts: if there was.

That's going off of what the SAs on TPF have told us.

Yeah, my brother used to work for Coach and they didn't get commission, but they did get "incentives" and bonuses according to their sales... which is why the group of SA's that worked with my brother were so cutthroat. He used to come home frustrated ALL the time because people would steal his sales at the last minute. He didn't care about the bonuses, being PT and all, but it made him look like he wasn't raking in the sales that he really was. Every time I'd go to the outlet, I'd make it a point to ignore and stay away from the SA's that would steal from my brother...

Well, I know for a fact that they DO NOT get commission! How do I know? I work for Coach and our sales associates do NOT get commission. We like to help people and they do get sale credit but it is NOT for commission! Our sales associates try so hard to be helpful and make sales and help you. Every SA on here that works for Coach before has stated that they do not get commission and we cannot say what incentives are offered, but truthfully, you don't work for the company so you cannot be informed of them.

Well, I know for a fact that they DO NOT get commission! How do I know? I work for Coach and our sales associates do NOT get commission. We like to help people and they do get sale credit but it is NOT for commission! Our sales associates try so hard to be helpful and make sales and help you. Every SA on here that works for Coach before has stated that they do not get commission and we cannot say what incentives are offered, but truthfully, you don't work for the company so you cannot be informed of them.
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:....WELL, OK then!!! :boxing:

Calm down, yes? :smile:

I've been shopping with the same Sales Associates for around 5 years now and they've all helped me and gotten to know me. When I asked, they responded that they do not work on a commission-basis.