Do Coach SA's get commission?

I'm sorry if my previous post sounded angry or harsh. I just read it and relaized it might have. I didn't mean it that way.
I have had issues like this in other stores, for other types of things, and it just infuriates me when salespeople think you "belong" to them! I'm all for loyalty to a salesperson, but really you are in the store to buy the store's items. Know what I mean?

I'm sorry you had that experience. I've never felt like I "belonged' to just a single SA at our store. I think I've probably worked with 5 or 6 different people in the last several months and always have received the same level of service from each person. In fact, I'd say they work sort of like a team helping people when I'm there.

I'm sorry you had that experience. I've never felt like I "belonged' to just a single SA at our store. I think I've probably worked with 5 or 6 different people in the last several months and always have received the same level of service from each person. In fact, I'd say they work sort of like a team helping people when I'm there.

I agree. When I was in the store today all three SA's that were there helped me in one way or another. Sorry you felt awkward.

That is my experience too. The SA's in my "usual" boutique are all very friendly and I have shopped with most of them. I know they don't work on commission but they do give me good service and I appreciate that. I try to give them my purchases even if it means it needs to be shipped to me because I want them to have good sales numbers. When I call other stores-like when I am looking for something from the Legacy line(my store currently doesn't have it) they only ask my name if they are going to hold something for me. I'm sorry you had to feel so awkward. I know that makes me feel a bit "icky".

I've said it in other posts, but it's against the companys integrity to discuss any goals/such.

However we do not make commission and just like any other stores we do have goals and such but I can't discuss those any further.

Also, A lot of stores are very close! Some SA's work at mulitiple stores or have close friends who work at others stores and sometimes they know whats going on/who customers prefer to shop with etc.

I couldn't have said it any better than Sprinkles.

Obviously we can't discuss how everything works behind the scenes, especially when it comes to goals and such, but it's a good thing we don't make commission. We work as a team, which is beneficial to anyone who comes into the boutique. Our goals are secondary, IMO, to great customer service, and any good SA will agree, but as Sprinkles said we can't go into any more detail.

I hope your next experience at Coach makes you smile, though!

I actually would love to know how to send an email or something to corporate talking about what great service I got this week from a certain store.

I looked on coach.com but didn't see anything

Sprinkles and Sarah, I wasn't asking how MUCH commission you earn, just how the system works. Did you read my original post which started this thread? Why would an SA from one boutique bring up the point that I "worked" w/ someone else. It made me really uncomfortable.

Sidenote: I own a company w/ my husband and we have about 11 outside commissioned salesman. They work individually and as a team so our company makes money (so I can buy yummy purses :smile:). I know that's what Coach does, too. It was just a bizarre business culture I have experienced w/ Coach this week. I was just trying to understand the protocol.

I actually would love to know how to send an email or something to corporate talking about what great service I got this week from a certain store.

I agree! When I go to Macy's they make a point of telling me I can comment about the service on the website. I would gladly email or write a letter to corp. about the great service I receive in my boutique. Where would you send it and to who's attention?

PLEASEEE send a letter to the store! Address is to the store manager and let her know you were satisfied. Letters go a long way with the store because it really helps to get a pat on the back after all of the hard training.

Sprinkles and Sarah, I wasn't asking how MUCH commission you earn, just how the system works. Did you read my original post which started this thread? Why would an SA from one boutique bring up the point that I "worked" w/ someone else. It made me really uncomfortable.

I understood your post completely and unfortunately I did not see the original post which started the thread. I know you didn't ask how much commission we earn (however, the answer is we don't earn commission" but we cannot talk about the system and how it works. It's pretty basic however, each sales person has a goal they need to make but nobody has trouble acheiving this.

It is odd that it was mentioned but like I said- some SA's and stores work together, i'm sure it wasn't said negatively but if you have been working with an SA they want to make sure that person knows you called to hold something.

EDIT: by of, i mean off... darn typos...

Whenever I go into the Coach store, about three different people offer to help me, and I often talk with each of them for a bit during my time in the store, but only one of them rings me up.

Do the SAs work off of commission, in which case, I should deal with only one per visit? I tend to buy a lot at once, and I'd hate for one SA to get all of the commission when one helped me with shoes, another with accessories, and yet another with handbags.

Thanks!

No, we don't work on commission :smile:. We have goals, obviously, but it's against company policy/integrity to discuss that sort of thing here or with anyone outside the company. I've said it before-- not working on commission gives us the freedom to really befriend the customer and not be overly pushy or sales-driven; we can be customer-service driven instead, which is the most important thing.