designer exposure site - do they sell fakes?

STAY AWAY FROM 'DESIGNEREXPOSURE.COM!!!!

This site is fraudulent. Currently in dispute over charge they submitted to American Express that was NOT AUTHORIZED.
E-mail inquiries regarding this were IGNORED (if you can imagine!).

PLEASE BE WARNED. Do NOT shop at this site.

I have purchased several items from them over a number of years. My review is MIXED. I have received items that are almost pristine, whereas others are in "so-so" condition. I received a pair of Valentino shoes that were described as "Mint", but when I received them, several rhinestones were missing. That was never mentioned in the description. I did manage to get a Refund. That was several years ago.

I would say most of their items are authentic, but one has to be careful because they are a consignment store. I've seen some LV bags there that have only one picture. That is definitely not enough to buy on. Usually, they show 4 pictures for an item. When I see only one picture, that usually means it's from a Consignee who's selling their own stuff on Designer Exposure. I would be especially careful with those items and would ask for more pictures and details.

All in all, I got some really beautiful stuff from them at a really good price, but I've also received a couple of lemons. I got a Refund for the lemons, but not for Shipping. (I received the Refunds a few years ago, I don't know how easy it is to get a Refund now. I did get a reply from them fairly quickly when I wrote to them).

Also check out this thread about Designer Exposure:

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...exposure-sold-me-fakes-for-5000-a-346919.html

Last edited:
Do not buy from designerexposure.com they are fake!!!!! They do fraud transactions and then they changed all their phone numbers and even address. They have moved like 3 times and changed their phone number sooo many times. The phone number provided on their site doesn't even work! Check about them on labbb.org, thats the l.a better business bareau. They tricked me into buying 5 hermes birkin and they charged my bank account $38,000.00 and now avoiding me even to changed all their phone numbers and maria williams thats the owner even changed her cell phone number along with all her partners cell phone for $38,000.00. What a shame being that big and have to do all that for $38,000.00. They sell fake stuff beware and do not shop there!!!!!!

Do not buy from designerexposure.com they are fake!!!!! They do fraud transactions and then they changed all their phone numbers and even address. They have moved like 3 times and changed their phone number sooo many times. The phone number provided on their site doesn't even work! Check about them on labbb.org, thats the l.a better business bareau. They tricked me into buying 5 hermes birkin and they charged my bank account $38,000.00 :crybaby:and now avoiding me even to changed all their phone numbers and maria williams thats the owner even changed her cell phone number along with all her partners cell phone for $38,000.00. What a shame being that big and have to do all that for $38,000.00. They sell fake stuff beware and do not shop there!!!!!!:tdown:

wow! I've never dealt with designerexposure myself but have bought from their "sister" website - doublexposure which is based in New Zealand. I bought a Beverly MM from them and it was authentic. I didn't have any problems with the transaction.

I have been looking at the LV bags on designerexposure recently though and the pics are so bad that they do look dodgy! And the "sale prices" seemed too good to be true!

I am so sorry for you! Call your credit card company and report it right away and then file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in California for internet fraud. Also call the BBB and file a complaint and send Designer Exposure copies of all of this. The same thing happened to me with another company but for a Bulgari watch. They couldn't refund my money fast enough and even told me to keep the watch (not that I really wanted it at that point). Good luck!

Hi Lisa, Could you pls tell me how you do it to get your money back? I purchased one Hermes from them as well. And it's fake as well! I have tried to contacted them but no answered whatsoever. Pls advise how you are going to do for your money back! thx

I was reading these comments and I am shocked, that is terrible. While I have never dealt with Designer Exposure before, I have had great experiences with emphaticnyc.com. You should check them out sometime, I have placed several orders with them in the past and I always had my expectations exceeded with the clothes, purses and shoes that they carry. They are my all time favorite designer resale shop.