Chanel on your nails #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much LeVernis! It's far from perfect, but I've been trying to extend my nail bed over the past year or so and it seems to be happening, although it's taking forever.

We all seem to have been missing from here for quite some time! It's time to get back into it with all the new gorgeous summer colours coming soon :graucho:

Do you know when Coup De Coeur is being released in Australia?
How do you extend your nail bed? I've never heard of this before. Very curious!

Yes - we're all going to probably get excited over the summer colours! I know I will definitely :biggrin:

Coup De Coeur is coming very soon. End of Feb I believe.

i have grown picky on my chanel buying. a lot of the shades are so repetitive ( i mean color families) so i again passed on the nail polish and went for lipstick ..... the summer collection though i want a few pretties :graucho:
Fully agree about the colour families being repetitive ;)

This week I was in Blue Satin and Azur over it. I like the effect:smile:
There are two coats of Azur.

View attachment 2503055
Beautiful!!!!!!

Another official promo of Summer Chanel
View attachment 2503059
Very excited!

Ballerina (one coat).
pH2gnqd.jpg
Very pretty :smile:

Is it true that the OPI Gwen Stefani Push and Shove silver is similar? I missed out on Silver, and am hoping for a dupe.
I got the OPI - haven't tried it yet though. I wish I had the Chanel. It's as close as I think I'll find.
If anyone else knows of a better dupe, please share :smile:

How do you extend your nail bed? I've never heard of this before. Very curious!

Yes - we're all going to probably get excited over the summer colours! I know I will definitely :biggrin:

Coup De Coeur is coming very soon. End of Feb I believe.

Fully agree about the colour families being repetitive ;)

Beautiful!!!!!!

Very excited!

Very pretty :smile:

I got the OPI - haven't tried it yet though. I wish I had the Chanel. It's as close as I think I'll find.
If anyone else knows of a better dupe, please share :smile:

It is so tender on your nails:smile:
Is it ballerina from the new spring collection or old one? Are their versions dupes or here some differences? Does somebody know about it?

The original Vamp from the 1990s was a very limited edition. I bought my bottle, and when I went back for a new one I couldn't find it anywhere! Once Pulp Fiction came out, the polish became impossible to find. When they brought back the newer version, I was so surprised to see the difference. Thankfully, a friend brought back a bottle of Rouge Noir from Paris. Of course the American release of Black Satin was also different because of the carbon black problem. The original American Black Satin also had some "invisible" shimmer similar to the shimmer in Blue Satin. Nowadays, the American version is the same as the French version with no shimmer, which I prefer because the black is a denser color.

Thank you so much Bunny1212 :smile:
I am lucky to have both versions of Black Satin too, and have them both swatched on my blog.
And I am preparing a similar post on both the new versions of Vamp 18 that both have shimmer, but I would love to know when/how long was the US produced Vamp 18 780.010 was sold?
The Vamp 18 sold on chanel.com today is 180.116...

Kind regards Maria :smile:

It looks similar, but reviews of it have been bad, I was all set to buy it at Ulta ( had a coupon ) I read the reviews and everything was negative. First off is the wear, one night only and it flakes off. Second you can't put topcoat on as it dulls the finish, and thirdly the base bottle is half the size of the polish bottle. So I didn't bother.

I have it, and if you missed out on Silver (like me) for the price why not? I sandwich mine like I do for holo polish and I don't have the wear problems. (Base coat, color, top coat, color) I've done comparison swatchsicles with and without topcoat and the dulling is minimal once the topcoat fully cures, too. When you first put on the topcoat it's nasty dull though.

Thanks Debi! :smile: I also struggled a bit with the application. It does need a fixing base. If you don't have it, try any other aqua base from other brands. Just like Holographic, it won't work well with normal base coats, only aqua bases and you also shouldn't use any top coats with it. Hope it helps!

Thanks for the tips, that is helpful! I'll give it another shot.

Girls Happy Valentines Day!))

Coup de Coeur wearing today:smile:

View attachment 2503654

View attachment 2503655

Beautiful! I'm liking this colour a lot more than I thought I would just from the bottle shots. It looks lovely on. It looks a bit like a jelly?

Also here is a blog that has done some comparisons. It looks pretty close to April which I don't have, but is deeper in colour which I like.

http://bagsareforever.blogspot.co.uk

And I agree about the colours being repetitive, it's a bit disappointing. I'm not really into the summer colours either, from Chanel or Dior :sad:

It is so tender on your nails:smile:
Is it ballerina from the new spring collection or old one? Are their versions dupes or here some differences? Does somebody know about it?

It is an old colour. But it was a repromote for Spring 2014 (ie. a re-release). As far as I know, there are no differences between colour or formula.

Girls Happy Valentines Day!))

Coup de Coeur wearing today:smile:

View attachment 2503654

View attachment 2503655

This is the nicest photo I've seen of this colour! I'm still waiting for it to be available in Australia. It looks lovely on you. I'll get it because I love the name and it's a nice enough colour... just wish Chanel would do something different! :graucho:

My BFF just sent me a bag full of goodies and lo and behold, there's an old Chanel vernis REDLIGHT in it. And it looks like it's a GEM!!
Anyone here has this?

I checked the web and found only 2 relevant info on it.

FROM Makeup alley review #1
Left on 12/19/2003:
Usually Chanel quality. Very pretty hot pink red. Almost like matador only not as metallic. Love this color. My new favorite.

Makeup alley review #2
Redlight is a duochrome type shade. It applies as a dark yet slightly pinked red, (but think berry pink) with a shimmer/slightly metallic finish. I picked up my Philosophy Kiss Me lip balm in red and Redlight is the exact same color as the pot of Kiss Me. But at certain angles in different light, it appears as a coppery red. VERY unique and I just love it. I have good luck with Chanel, 2 coats gives true, complete coverage and my manis last 5-7 days. This one was no exception. (Maverick8, 1/4/2006)

And finally, found this one from a pay-per-subscription website:

Chanel Holiday Collection 2003 Le Vernis Nail Colour - Tulle; Redlight (Metallic Red)

Yay!!! I felt like I just did a dusty hunting without leaving the confines of my apartment. I looove my BFF :hugs: I knew she was a keeper the moment I met her :P
You're lucky! )
This is a very rare specimen.
Thanks for the information about it )

Status
Not open for further replies.