Chanel In Carry On Or Checked Luggage?

Just wanted to know: when you buy designer bags on holidays - do you carry on designer bags on the flight home??
i have checked in designer bags before and it's been OK - only because i bought 2 bags and didn't have room to carry them on..
but a friend of mine had her costume jewellery stolen - and she was travelling on a highly reputable airline also...

also interested: where do you leave the bag when you're staying in hotels??
I normally do not bring my designer bags on holidays. If I do, I make sure I carry it. I have had things stolen from my luggage before, but I think it does not have to do with the airlines. I think it could be the luggage staff working at the airport terminals. They had to transport the luggages from the terminals to the air craft and vice versa.

i used to always check in my bags until i read someone's thread here on tpf about items stolen from a checked in luggage. when i moved to montreal from UK a few yrs ago, i checked in all my handbags into suitcases. at that time my SIL asked if i'm going to insure them...i just laughed and said no (never thought someone would steal used bags?). luckily, they arrived safely. however, when we're moving back to UK next year i'm going to make sure that the bags (&accessories) i treasure most will be in my handlugage (and dh's, the children's, my mother's:angel:hahahahhaha). after reading all the experiences of lost luggages and stolen items, i'm too scared. the only bags i check in nowadays are the ones that are really really used (don't think anyone would want to steal those??? but then again, you'd never know). i will have to take some risks, i suppose, cause i can't possibly take all my bags in my hand lugage:s (urgh, don't like that thought:Push:smile:

I just recently flew to and from Europe and both directions, they lost one out of 3 bags. I did get them eventually but would not risk an item of that value, financial or sentimental.

I checked in a bunch of bags in my case when i went to LA and i was terrified that it would be lost, but it was fine. i dont think i would do it again tho, im really unlucky!!

me neither. i normally don't take designer bags on holidays. but i often end up buying them while im away and then there's the issue of bringing them back. i normally check them in but after reading this post im a bit concerned!

I normally do not bring my designer bags on holidays. If I do, I make sure I carry it. I have had things stolen from my luggage before, but I think it does not have to do with the airlines. I think it could be the luggage staff working at the airport terminals. They had to transport the luggages from the terminals to the air craft and vice versa.