Chanel In Carry On Or Checked Luggage?

Definitely in your carry on! I have never put anything of significant value in checked luggage. There's just too much risk involved, even with the best airlines.

-Stephanie

don't check them in!!! My BF recently came back from his trip and had to change planes in London. his luggage stayed here and went through customs.
He had to wait a day to get his luggage. He forgot to take his cash out (900 usd!) and well, as you guessed, everything was in it, besides the cash... (which they don't insure)
And besides that, my dad had his suitcase lost 5 times in the past year and the last time, they never recovered it and he never got it back..

So if you value this bag, do NOT put it in your suitcase!

Always take it with you! I had two Balenciaga bags in my checked luggage earlier this year and they missed my connection. I waited almost a week for the bags to arrive, and the whole time I was sweating bullets! When it got here, thankfully my bbags were still there, but my brand new $300 pair of sunglasses were not :tdown:

I would definitely only carry them on inside of a duffel bag or travel bag of some sort.

I'm curious ladies, when you stay at hotels, where do you leave your Chanels? Do you leave them with your things and trust the housekeepers not to steal anything or do you put your Chanels in a safe?

Just wanted to know: when you buy designer bags on holidays - do you carry on designer bags on the flight home??
i have checked in designer bags before and it's been OK - only because i bought 2 bags and didn't have room to carry them on..
but a friend of mine had her costume jewellery stolen - and she was travelling on a highly reputable airline also...

also interested: where do you leave the bag when you're staying in hotels??

i have left them locked up in my suitcase in the hotel
some hotels have safes - if it fits i would put in there...

I would definitely only carry them on inside of a duffel bag or travel bag of some sort.

I'm curious ladies, when you stay at hotels, where do you leave your Chanels? Do you leave them with your things and trust the housekeepers not to steal anything or do you put your Chanels in a safe?