Breast Augmentation in Singapore - My Journey

Hi ladies! Happened to chance upon this forum when i was exploring the idea of going for a breast augmentation.

Always felt really insecured being really petitte, kinda boney and almost a AA cup. The cost and the 'what if one day I decide to remove the implants' kept bothering. Finally decided and made up my mind in undergoing the surgery and currently on Day 2 Post-op. Very stiff and slightly swollen upper chest and pretty much, every movement i make, i can feel that stretch! I am so worried in stretching or moving too much that might result in internal bleeding or other complications 😭

Though the thoughts still lingers, i wonder if anyone had similar thought? Or if anyone did their ops in SG without telling anyone 😥

Hi ladies! Happened to chance upon this forum when i was exploring the idea of going for a breast augmentation.

Always felt really insecured being really petitte, kinda boney and almost a AA cup. The cost and the 'what if one day I decide to remove the implants' kept bothering. Finally decided and made up my mind in undergoing the surgery and currently on Day 2 Post-op. Very stiff and slightly swollen upper chest and pretty much, every movement i make, i can feel that stretch! I am so worried in stretching or moving too much that might result in internal bleeding or other complications 😭

Though the thoughts still lingers, i wonder if anyone had similar thought? Or if anyone did their ops in SG without telling anyone 😥
Hope you’re feeling better today, the first week is usually the toughest but it will pass, so hang in there!

Same here, I’m thinking like if there is complications thereafter, it will be another amount of time and $ to go through it all over again. But I still go ahead with a positive mind cause I think I’ll regret if I don’t and I’m not any younger too🤣

I’m currently 5 weeks PO, and still waiting for it to drop and fluff, still having slight pain here and there. And also the nipples.. omg they are still tender to touch and sensitive!

Just follow the doctor’s instructions and you will feel better each day :smile:

I did 285 cc Demi , wanted only 250. Luckily went for 285 🤣. I’m 3 wpo but still haven’t fluff n drop 😴.
Hahaha is that the boob greed? 🤣

Btw you’re quite petite as well, just wanna ask if you feel breast implant edges at the bottom of your boobs when you run your fingers across?

I can feel mine, though visually it can’t be seen, and I wonder if it’s normal 😩

Hi everyone

I’m 5 weeks post op. Just wondering anyone here go bra-less after 1 month or so?
I’m 5 weeks post op this week and yet to go bra-less. Still wearing the compression bra and band at the top as they are still slight high at the top.

I wonder if it really helps. Cause the band of the bra actually press against my lower rib and incision wound, so it kinda hurts and sore.

Actually I’m curious why some PS allow to go without bra or with a wireless bra after a week or so and some have to wear the compression for so long like mine.

I did my breast implant in BKK though.

Hope you’re feeling better today, the first week is usually the toughest but it will pass, so hang in there!

Same here, I’m thinking like if there is complications thereafter, it will be another amount of time and $ to go through it all over again. But I still go ahead with a positive mind cause I think I’ll regret if I don’t and I’m not any younger too🤣

I’m currently 5 weeks PO, and still waiting for it to drop and fluff, still having slight pain here and there. And also the nipples.. omg they are still tender to touch and sensitive!

Just follow the doctor’s instructions and you will feel better each day :smile:
Could you shower normally for the 1st week after your surgery? Its day 3, I can feel that sharp pain in the nips and of cause, the soreness.. 😭 I only took 1 week away from work, not too sure if i can return back after normally. Since standing up fully straight is also an issue because of the pull..

Dr. told me to not wear any bra though, so i have been pretty much braless.

Yeahh, i thought likewise. Like I wanted to fulfill that part of me whose yearning to feel more beautiful. So i thought, okay'maybe when the day comes that I would like to have them remove, i will probably deal with the loose skin then' 😥

I’m 5 weeks post op this week and yet to go bra-less. Still wearing the compression bra and band at the top as they are still slight high at the top.

I wonder if it really helps. Cause the band of the bra actually press against my lower rib and incision wound, so it kinda hurts and sore.

Actually I’m curious why some PS allow to go without bra or with a wireless bra after a week or so and some have to wear the compression for so long like mine.

I did my breast implant in BKK though.
Hi babe

im 6 weeks post op and went bra-less for a few hours when im out. Im still wearing my compression garment most of the time and also during asleep. My doctor was recommending to wear the compression garment for about 3 months and after could wear any bra or go bra-less if I want. I guess different doctors have different advices.
For your compression bra, are you still feeling tight now ? Cause as the weeks goes by , I feel my garment not as tight as before . If you still feel tight, it might be too small for you ? Did you feedback to the clinic consultant or doctor?

Could you shower normally for the 1st week after your surgery? Its day 3, I can feel that sharp pain in the nips and of cause, the soreness.. 😭 I only took 1 week away from work, not too sure if i can return back after normally. Since standing up fully straight is also an issue because of the pull..

Yeahh, i thought likewise. Like I wanted to fulfill that part of me whose yearning to feel more beautiful. So i thought, okay'maybe when the day comes that I would like to have them remove, i will probably deal with the loose skin then' 😥
Hi babe

In my case I showered on day 3 but that time I still have the waterproof bandage plaster on my incision wound. Nurse said I could shower and after that they helped me changed my dressing. Then after day 3 I didn’t shower till day 5. They were saying I could actually shower daily but I googled that it is best to wait till after 1 week so I guess really depends on what your surgeon advice.
Did your doctor ask you to wear a compression garment ?

Hi babe

In my case I showered on day 3 but that time I still have the waterproof bandage plaster on my incision wound. Nurse said I could shower and after that they helped me changed my dressing. Then after day 3 I didn’t shower till day 5. They were saying I could actually shower daily but I googled that it is best to wait till after 1 week so I guess really depends on what your surgeon advice.
Did your doctor ask you to wear a compression garment ?
Hi Babe,

I tried showering on day 2 and it was tough despite having the waterproof plaster. Its torturous raising my arms.. hahahah!

Nope, i was told to go braless right after my surgery and not to wear a bra. I suppose he will let me know when I could wear a sport bra then?

Hi All,

I did my BA in BKK last month (Dec) and it has been 5 wks since my ops. The clinic i went to was Phoprawin Aesthetic Clinic. I did Motiva Ergo JOY (ergo 2) 335 cc for both side, under the muscle (since its my first time). Wanted to do 355cc but dr cldnt fit it into my breast pocket.

Price: around 10K SGD ++ (includes meds, blood test, anesthesia, 2 surgical bras)
>> With funnel method - extra 10k THB

Breast size b4 ops: small A (i think cld be dbl AA :sad: ) and bra size was 70B. Im abt 156cm tall and 50kg.

Aft ops: full B - small C, hvnt taken my bra size yet as the implants are still dropping (my left side currently healed well but my right side is still high up - cld be due to me using my right muscle too much as im right handed)

I arrived in bkk on 07 Dec and did my ops on 08 Dec (after f2f consult with the Dr on the day itself). Clinic was really clean and the staff, dr were super friendly. They do speak English so communication wasn't an issue. The Dr would go through all the details and concerns you have with the ops, the size of the implants you want and the results, he will also talk about post-op care.

Prior to surgery day, i did an online consult with them via facebook (they have an account) and booked my ops date and paid deposit (roughly 30K THB, managed to nego). I did my blood test in SG (and x-ray - optional) and sent my results to them a few days before ops date. The clinic do offer blood test (included in the price) but i decided to do it in SG js incase smth happens and i cant proceed w the ops.

So after the consult (lasted abt 1hr), they will let you sign some forms before the surgery (all in english so thank god) and you can proceed to make payment (i paid all in cash). After that, they will pass you some meds to take before the surgery. And then, u will proceed to the surgery room for the ops. I knocked out immediately aft the anesthesia came through. The surgery lasted about 2hrs ++.

I woke up from the surgery and still feeling pretty high, they will move u to a recovery room for rest. I cldnt really sleep aft waking up from the anesthesia so i rested abt an hour and just took a grab back to my hotel (my parents accompanied me throughout the entire trip). The car ride is definitely uncomfortable as the anesthesia was still in my system and i felt nauseous and giddy for the entire ride.

After reaching the hotel, i knocked out till evening time, definitely felt the pain and soreness in my chest. My whole chest felt really tight and i have a hard time speaking and breathing fully. I cld only talk like 5 words max and im out of breath. I have a hard time eating and i ended up puking my dinner due to the anesthesia meds. I slept 45 degrees for the whole week (even tho dr said i cld lie flat but i cldnt breathe at all when i lied fully flat). Oh and i hv to sleep with my arms straight as when i try to cross them, my whole chest was cramping and it js felt uncomfortable.

First 2 days aft ops, i cld only stay in hotel and js slept for the whole day, tried walking ard the room for a few mins to circulate blood flow. Didnt rly have the appetite too and i js ate plain white bread with water so i cld eat my meds. Was given arcoxia for pain meds along w paracetamol but i took paracetamol (even tho i was in lots of pain - idek how i survived without arcoxia).

I only started feeling btr on day 3 as i slowly started eating a half-full meal, arms still sore and weak, i cld get up on my own from my bed (was slping 45 degrees) but i cld feel chest hurting. My chest felt tight and i cldnt breathe and talk properly for at least 5 days. Managed to poop on day 3 aft being constipated for daysss.

I managed to get out of my hotel rm on day 4 for a short hair wash and then i went back to the hotel. Yes, i cldnt bathe for 3 wks for my upper body, cld only use towel to wipe down. (And yeah in sg, i had to go to salons to wash my hair).

On day 5, managed to go to siam paragon (for 2 hrs) but i cldnt walk fast or talk while walking, and i had to sit aft walking for awhile.

On day 6, met my friend who was in bkk travelling and we went to cafes, shop ard siam sq area and also, did our nails. My friend helped to open doors and carried my stuff for me since my arms were still weak, and i cldnt risk using strength as it will shift my implants ard with my chest muscle. Survived at least 10 hrs outside. :smile:

Day 7, i went back to the dr to clean my wound and also for follow up consult, my boobs were still high up and swollen (hard too) and my body was still bloated. Dr gave me more antibiotics as my wound was healing that fast (mine was dissolvable stitches). Aft the consult, went to eat lunch and js shop for a few hrs b4 heading back to hotel to rest.

Day 8 - went back to sg. Packed my luggage with my parents help and they were the ones pushing the luggages and carrying my bags, they had to open car doors for me too. Plane ride was ok but some kid was kicking my seat so yeaa, pls get a comfy seat or if not the last rows.
I still sleep abt 45 degrees at home (straight) as my chest was still abit tight.

I wasnt able to sleep on my sides for 1 month and i cnt lay on my chest for at least 3 months. Every week i wld send photos to the dr for checks and i cld only remove my wound plaster aft wk 3.

I went back to work on day 10 (but i was wfh for the first 2 days) and i stepped into the office on day 12 (survived the mrt ride while sitting down). I try not to walk too fast and minimize carrying heavy bags or opening doors. Laptop was definitely hard for me to carry. I felt okay gng back to work since im in an office job and i js wear oversize tops to avoid ppl staring, my colleagues still doesnt know that i did BA in bkk.

Day 15 - i went clubbing and drinking w my friends (bad idea cos i blacked out) but boobs were fine (luckily i didnt injure it).

Current update: 1 month and 3 days since ops)
- have to wear my support bra for 3months
- wound is still dark but healing well (im applying scar gel regularly and i avoid using soap on it)
- i cld only sneeze and cough without pain my chest aft 3 wks ++
- i cld breathe properly aft 1 wk ++
- not able to workout for at least 3 months
- my left side has dropped well but not my right side as my right chest muscle is tighter. Dr told me to massage daily in order to expand the breast pocket.
- i use bio oil ard my boobs so it doesnt become too dry.

Am i satisfied with my size, erm...honestly i wish i cldve gone bigger like full C cup but my breast pocket was too small and my chest muscle was too thick so no choice:sad:. So pls, js go big since BA is all abt doing big ritee. I wld prob go back in a few yrs to do D cups haha.

I Am gng back to bkk in 2 wks time for follow up and for a proper holiday:smile:

Thanks for the detailed review! :smile: I'm planning on getting it done around may with the same clinic.

Is there a reason why your chest muscle is thick? Do you do chest workouts?
It seems like we're about the same height, weight and size too (I go to the gym and do regular chest workouts). I agree would def wanna get the biggest implant since I'm going to do it.

I can’t shower as instructed by my PS for 10 days. I’m only able to take a normal full shower on the 11th day. Due to my incision wound have to be fully closed before he allows me to.

I get my husband to wipe me and kinda wash my hair over the basin but I still feel not super clean🤣 cause I’m unable to lift my hands or do anything.

Yes it’s normal to feel the pull, mine is really tight, I’m still feeling it when I wash my own hair now.
You will have to see if you are really feeling good enough to be back at work. Listen to your body. If require more rest, it’s best to.

I think different PS have different instructions on to wear or not to. I have to wear as instructed till today.

Last edited: