Best resellers in Tokyo?

coco-nut said:
In addition to the stores mentioned, I love Tokyu Hands too! It's all your favorite housewares stores rolled into one. I wish we had them in the U.S.!

Of course, the Tokyu Hands!

Fedsu, there is a Tokyu Hands in Shinjuku and Shibuya.

If you go to Shinjuku, another MUST, high end, department store is Isetan!! :yes:

Tokyogirl:

I wonder what I will see in Loire..I think I might faint in there...
I remember the basement food department in Takashiyama...everything looked too pretty to eat! (Was in Tokyo few years ago but didn't stay long enough to visit all the cool shops).
okie dokie..I'll remember to visit Isetan in Shinjuku as well.
also planning to take bullet train to Kyoto..anything there besides the beautiful temples? (DH wants to visit Kyoto for photography purpose..I want to see what else is there to shop..haha).

Thanks again for the nice info!:love::love::flowers:

Fesdu said:
Tokyogirl:

I remember the basement food department in Takashiyama...everything looked too pretty to eat! (Was in Tokyo few years ago but didn't stay long enough to visit all the cool shops).
also planning to take bullet train to Kyoto..anything there besides the beautiful temples? (DH wants to visit Kyoto for photography purpose..I want to see what else is there to shop..haha).

Fesdu (I just realized that I have been misspelling your name, my apologies), I am not familiar with Kyoto.. Any PF member who can help?

By the way, is your avatar a photo of your dog (he/she is adorable -- what kind of dog is it?)

maybe someone can help me too. i have never bought from a reseller but consider that as this very moment. but as i am not an ebay person tokyo seems the place to go. doe he stores have a good selection of colours or more the basics like black gold bluejean? and can they organize exotics to my liking? like i am giving them what i want and they get it to me reallllyy fast?
just in case as i can not order all the things i want NOW at my boutique i am mindplaying all possibilities to go through my list as fast as possible :angel: :shame:

lilach said:
maybe someone can help me too. i have never bought from a reseller but consider that as this very moment. but as i am not an ebay person tokyo seems the place to go. doe he stores have a good selection of colours or more the basics like black gold bluejean? and can they organize exotics to my liking? like i am giving them what i want and they get it to me reallllyy fast?
just in case as i can not order all the things i want NOW at my boutique i am mindplaying all possibilities to go through my list as fast as possible :angel: :shame:

Lilach, I am hoping somebody can help you.

Lilach, I am also more than happy to call/drop in Loire to see their availability to get exotics.... (Although I do somehow think it's unlikely that they can get any crocs in poudre and babyrose, but if there is one place that you can get it, it's probably Tokyo). When you mean exoctics, do you mean crocs, lizards, ostriches or also other leathers which are usually rare. All in Birkins too?

I would imagine based on sheer numbers, Tokyo is a good bet. Although I don't know the names of these stores, just in one pocket of the Ginza area I can point to at least 4 EXCLUSIVE Hermes reseller stores.... Just not sure the availability of exotics. Are there that many reseller stores in other cities?

oh that would be fab of you to call or when you are near the store to check if they can order or what they have or how the whole thingy is working if i want to have specific bags.
and no it is not about the "elusive" croc tones as i prefer to get those through my boutique but the point here is. my boutique only gets really "conservative" styles in on the waitlist good customer base (something like neutrals black bluejean etc) but as i really have a passion for popcolours all of them have to be special ordered. but as i only can get a limited number on each so time i was thinking of getting some of them from other sources. so basically i am interested in "unusual" colours or maybe discontinued colours and crocs ostrich lizard and of course all "normal" leathers etc.
oh and i am just considering at this very moment to do so and want to check all the possibilities i have to get he bags i want asap :shame:
the best thing for me would be "here is the list here is the deposit you have two month to get me all the bags i want " :lol: :shocked:

lilach said:
oh that would be fab of you to call or when you are near the store to check if they can order or what they have or how the whole thingy is working if i want to have specific bags.
and no it is not about the "elusive" croc tones as i prefer to get those through my boutique but the point here is. my boutique only gets really "conservative" styles in on the waitlist good customer base (something like neutrals black bluejean etc) but as i really have a passion for popcolours all of them have to be special ordered. but as i only can get a limited number on each so time i was thinking of getting some of them from other sources. so basically i am interested in "unusual" colours or maybe discontinued colours and crocs ostrich lizard and of course all "normal" leathers etc.
oh and i am just considering at this very moment to do so and want to check all the possibilities i have to get he bags i want asap :shame:
the best thing for me would be "here is the list here is the deposit you have two month to get me all the bags i want " :lol: :shocked:

Lilach, I think I got it. Well, I found a great excuse to drop in Loire!

koukanamiya said:
Give us an inventory of what's there, I'm really curious.

OK -- but I have such a limited knowledge of Hermes I am not sure I know what I am looking at (i.e., in terms of leather, hardware, etc.) I am sure taking photos will not be a possibility....

Fesdu said:
Tokyogirl:

The last time I was in Isetan Shinjuku was in April, and they actually had a fair amount of high-end handbags there (I was particularly interested in Chanel and Balenciaga, and they had both - the boutiques on the 2nd/3rd floors are nice, from what I remember). In terms of other shopping areas, I would also recommend Roppongi Hills (my dad lives really close to there) as well as Omotesando Hills - when I used to live in Tokyo, I used to LOVE Omotesando (it was pretty close to my work). The Omotesando Hills complex (kind of across the street from the huge LV store there) has a ton of high-end brand name stores - I think they have a YSL there. It was really crowded when I went. My cousins (who are not from Tokyo) quiz me everytime I go; apparently these places are like tourist spots for non-Tokyoites to go visit too! Roppongi Hills opened about 3 years ago and Omotesando Hills opened this past year.. so these are very new places.

In Kyoto, I would definitely check out Gion - it's the old theater district, and it's great at night. I love Kinkakuji and Ginkakuji (gold and silver temples) - I also love the "love fortunes" at Kiyomizudera (another temple). One place that's great is Nijyoujo (the old Palace) - you have to check out their "nightengale floors"! They do have a huge department store attached to the train station (the main train station) and I remember there being some pretty good shopping there too (but Tokyo is still better.. I think I'm biased :shame: ). PM me if you have questions! I miss Japan sometimes :amuse:

tokyogirl said:
Fesdu (I just realized that I have been misspelling your name, my apologies), I am not familiar with Kyoto.. Any PF member who can help?

By the way, is your avatar a photo of your dog (he/she is adorable -- what kind of dog is it?)

Tokyogirl: no problem! I know I have a weird screen name. :biggrin:
Yes..that's my dog. She is a bedlington terrier. Thank you. She will be really happy to know someone called her adorable. She thinks she is all that.:noworry:

misachan said:
The last time I was in Isetan Shinjuku was in April, and they actually had a fair amount of high-end handbags there (I was particularly interested in Chanel and Balenciaga, and they had both - the boutiques on the 2nd/3rd floors are nice, from what I remember). In terms of other shopping areas, I would also recommend Roppongi Hills (my dad lives really close to there) as well as Omotesando Hills - when I used to live in Tokyo, I used to LOVE Omotesando (it was pretty close to my work). The Omotesando Hills complex (kind of across the street from the huge LV store there) has a ton of high-end brand name stores - I think they have a YSL there. It was really crowded when I went. My cousins (who are not from Tokyo) quiz me everytime I go; apparently these places are like tourist spots for non-Tokyoites to go visit too! Roppongi Hills opened about 3 years ago and Omotesando Hills opened this past year.. so these are very new places.

In Kyoto, I would definitely check out Gion - it's the old theater district, and it's great at night. I love Kinkakuji and Ginkakuji (gold and silver temples) - I also love the "love fortunes" at Kiyomizudera (another temple). One place that's great is Nijyoujo (the old Palace) - you have to check out their "nightengale floors"! They do have a huge department store attached to the train station (the main train station) and I remember there being some pretty good shopping there too (but Tokyo is still better.. I think I'm biased :shame: ). PM me if you have questions! I miss Japan sometimes :amuse:

Misachan:
wow..thanks for the great info! Looks like I am going to be really busy.. in both Tokyo and Kyoto. and thanks for the great tips on the temples to visit!
I know..Japan is just sooo fun! And people are so nice there. (right? tokyogirl?)..I can't wait!:love:

That's so awesome, all these resellers in Japan!! Don't know when I'll be visiting Japan again (last time I was there was when I was in 2nd grade), but if I go I'll be sure to drop by ... I guess I should brush up on my Japanese ...

You should visit Japan!!! Loire Kobe is the best reseller store ever!! You can find lots of birkins, kellys, chanels and etc. Lilach, I thought you know Philippe, your SA in Paris? Shouldn't he be able to get your birkins "very fast"? You once told us that you've collected tons of birkins before including crocbirkins? Doesn't that mean anything?

rochasgirl said:
Y Lilach, I thought you know Philippe, your SA in Paris? Shouldn't he be able to get your birkins "very fast"? You once told us that you've collected tons of birkins before including crocbirkins? Doesn't that mean anything?
darling i do get my bags "fast" (compared to others) and yes i am a good customer therfore i am allowed to order multiple bags but still there is a limit and if i do want more than that per year i have to look elsewhere. and that is what i am considering at the moment. got it?