Bending the rules at Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
it also seems like the SA did this because she wanted to serve her customer right. this tpfer did state in her thread that she did not expect to return/exchange. she was thinking about buying the GM. the SA offered that if it's still brand new condition, she would take it back.

There may be a no harm, no foul solution. I think the new bag is still unused, still in the seven day grace period. So to make this right, all she needs to do is undo the exchange: return the new one, take back the original one. What do you think?

I'm SO lost.........someone clue me in please before I open my mouth and put my big, fat foot in it.................which I've been known to do before.......

i agree that i would also never share something on here with an SA. there have been times, talking to SAs where I've almost said "I saw it on tpf" but managed to stop myself. yesterday when I was getting my Massai I told my SA i saw a pic of CBK wearing a black one and it almost popped out but i swallowed it. lol.

I mentioned this same photo to my SA :smile: She brought out the most gorgeous black men's peacoat when I mentioned that CBK was wearing a beautiful coat, and said a peacoat for women is arriving at the store soon. Too bad it's almost always 90 degrees here and I would never get any use out of it :P

shopmom i pmed you.

honestly i think that's a good idea fleur but who really knows if the new one is unused at this point and i don't think you can undo what's done, kwim? i hope there's a solution and yours does seem like the best bet but i don't know.

and i agree that the SA was trying to be super nice and understanding in this situation. i truly feel bad for the SA. it's interesting because when I was at H yesterday there were so many people there with returns or exchanges and so many stories.... I heard little snippets here and there. I think the SAs have a lot to deal with on a regular basis regarding these types of things and i feel bad for them.

it's interesting because when I was at H yesterday there were so many people there with returns or exchanges and so many stories.... I heard little snippets here and there. I think the SAs have a lot to deal with on a regular basis regarding these types of things and i feel bad for them.

There is this long-standing rumour that customers with a repeated & l-o-n-g history of returns (not sure about exchanges) are not well liked, and they can forget about being offered birkins.

.........hmmmm..........maybe I can exchange my Vert Kelly I bought back in April for a brown one..............J/K (i love my bag) :P

..........ok.........in all seriousness, if Hermes has a 7-day resturn/exchange policy then they really should adhere to it. And, quite frankly, I'm surprised they didn't.

i've only ever returned one thing and it was because i bought it sight unseen and when i went to pick it up i didn't like it on me. and i ended up buying lots more instead so i used it as a credit, kwim? but let me tell you i still felt bad about it. i almost exchanged something else once but didn't. ended up selling it on ebay instead.

i think part of the problem is that hermes, unlike most brands, does not come with tags on it so technically someone could use it and return it stating it was new and not used. chanel, for example, usually has a tag on it. no tag, no return. which can still be abused i know (i keep my tags on as long as possible even though i would never dream of returning something i've used. i think that's gross. i just have a thing about cutting tags off. it's like it really belongs to me and it's really not new anymore if i cut them off. i'm crazy about keeping my things like new and perfect as long as posssible. i know, i need to get over it. lol) but might deter people from doing this sort of thing.

who really knows if the new one is unused at this point and i don't think you can undo what's done, kwim?

and i agree that the SA was trying to be super nice...

I think the new bag happened today; if I'm not mistaken there's a "which do you like better" thread going on right now. So it may still be unused.

I'm sure the SA was trying to be nice.

and ps this whole thing made me REALLY nervous about my massai i just got since it did not come out to me sealed. my SA brought it out in just the dustbag. i'm sure it's fine but you never know....

Whether this bag shoulda been returned, or whether we woulda returned it, or whether Hermes says it coulda be returned after 7 days are all things on which we probably agree.

However, I also want to voice my distaste that information shared here, especially regarding an individual member (& i don't even know who we're talking about!), is taken back to the SA.
Remember, the first rule of The Purse Forum, is that there IS no Purse Forum.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.