Bending the rules at Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think part of the problem is that hermes, unlike most brands, does not come with tags on it so technically someone could use it and return it stating it was new and not used. chanel, for example, usually has a tag on it. no tag, no return. which can still be abused i know (i keep my tags on as long as possible even though i would never dream of returning something i've used. i think that's gross. i just have a thing about cutting tags off. it's like it really belongs to me and it's really not new anymore if i cut them off. i'm crazy about keeping my things like new and perfect as long as posssible. i know, i need to get over it. lol) but might deter people from doing this sort of thing.

ITA. The tag thing is a great idea!

I have been lurking for months and this is the first time I've ever said anything....WOW! Didn't think I would get the response that I did. The store in question is a very small store and only has a few SA's. I have known her for a few years between her jobs and really....I can ask her anything, it's not like Purse forum is Secret!
The SA feels terrible about the situation and says it won't happen again.
Thank you all for your comments!

and ps this whole thing made me REALLY nervous about my massai i just got since it did not come out to me sealed. my SA brought it out in just the dustbag. i'm sure it's fine but you never know....

I'm sure it's fine, too, but that's why I thought the SA shouldn't have violated store policy: so other customers would never feel even a little worried. Buying these bags is such an occasion - it's unfair that someone like you now feels a twinge of uneasiness.

While I agree returning it after several months is in poor taste, I don't think that she took the bag out to a cathouse and rented it out on 2 for $1 night.

I also think it's incredibly tacky to "tattle" on other clients unless it's a case of fraud, ect.

and ps. i'm sitting here trying to figure out what 2 for $1 night would be at a cathouse and i don't get it. 2 beers for $1 before you get the "cat" or 2 cats for $1 or you pay for the cat and get to wear the bag??? help me out.

she didn't realllly tattle, apparently I wasn't the first person that called!

This scenario is not uncommon. Every time a new scarf, bag, leather, colour etc etc is mentioned, all phones at H stores will ring asking for the same. It happens ALL the time. And you think the H staff never wonder about all the 'coincidences'? Of course they all know about tpf. There is no pretence there.

That said, it's HOW one says things to the SAs, without sounding all cheesy. And certainly no mentioning "I heard from tpf!"

Status
Not open for further replies.