Bending the rules at Hermes

Status
Not open for further replies.
.... over time, I have come to appreciate why some members here only insist on viewing bags in boxes that are still shrinkwrapped. I explicitly told my SA that, and she has since stopped removing the shrinkwrap until I get to the store.

mrssparkles--That's a very good idea to ensure that the bag
was not used.

I do agree that the bag had been in someone's possession too long to be 'traded'...I'm sure the SA was trying to be good to her customer but now feels her job may be in jeopardy if this gets back to her manager.
I also feel that 'what happens on tpf, stays on tpf " with regard to the H stores...

^^^ITA. it's basically a no-win situation.

the thing is, i don't think the SA is going to pull the bag off the shelf just because one customer claimed the previous owner had used it. if it looked okay to the SA, then i'm sure they will try to sell it. so i don't think reporting it will prevent someone from unwittingly buying (at full price) a used bag.
ah well. all's well that ends well. the op got her satisfaction, the member got her preferred bag, and we got a little drama/entertainment on what was otherwise, for me, going to be a quiet saturday evening.:flowers:
lol re. mentioning tPf in a store. i have no particular reservations about it, but i respect the members who do, and i think it's fine to regard the 2 (tPf and the boutique as 2 very different, unrelated things, in a way). that said, i think i detected a raised eye brow from the SA when i id'ed togo on a shelf by sight from a good distance away. LOL

Ok ladies, I love you all but I must step in at this point. While I agree, what is being alleged is not something I personally condone, I have to ask everyone to move on to other discussions as this involves another member and we don't want this to turn ugly. I hope you will continue the discussion of used barenia G-stings however, in another thread perhaps.

Thank you for understanding, and hope everyone enjoys the rest of your weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.