Balmain Double breasted blazer help

Hello! Intermix just had a special 20% off sale, and I bought the hot pink wool with gold button jacket in a 38, as I am normally a size 6. I tried it on at home and realized it was much too big, didn't cinch at the waist, and I could easily button it. I went in today to try a 36 and it fit perfectly. However, I tried it on in a white (20% wool, which was much less itchy!) with gold buttons. I loved the white as well! Which color would you choose for your first Balmain jacket? Hot pink is such a special color, but I am afraid it would be too recognizable and I won't get as much wear out of it. Plus, collar is slightly itchy on me. White is gorgeous but I'm afraid I may get it really dirty. Any help would be great! Thanks xx

Hello! Intermix just had a special 20% off sale, and I bought the hot pink wool with gold button jacket in a 38, as I am normally a size 6. I tried it on at home and realized it was much too big, didn't cinch at the waist, and I could easily button it. I went in today to try a 36 and it fit perfectly. However, I tried it on in a white (20% wool, which was much less itchy!) with gold buttons. I loved the white as well! Which color would you choose for your first Balmain jacket? Hot pink is such a special color, but I am afraid it would be too recognizable and I won't get as much wear out of it. Plus, collar is slightly itchy on me. White is gorgeous but I'm afraid I may get it really dirty. Any help would be great! Thanks xx

Vote for white since I'm biased and own the one in pic above. You're not going to get it dirty bc it's not really something to be worn weekly. Also, you can use fabric protector if you want to be proactive about it.

Reactions: malbec_bleu
Does anyone know if there is a difference between Balmain wool and cotton blazers when it comes to sizing? I use a 42 in wool blazers, but am not sure if a cotton blazer fits bigger, smaller or tts.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between Balmain wool and cotton blazers when it comes to sizing? I use a 42 in wool blazers, but am not sure if a cotton blazer fits bigger, smaller or tts.
Own both, and for me I bought same size. However, I have heard that for some, cotton ran smaller than wool.

I have red size 38 but the black denim is 40, I can tell you the red looks tight on me when I button them, but I guess the idea is to leave the jacket open !planning to buy the white cotton one, not sure which size should I go ?

I have red size 38 but the black denim is 40, I can tell you the red looks tight on me when I button them, but I guess the idea is to leave the jacket open !planning to buy the white cotton one, not sure which size should I go ?
You should go by shoulder width. Measure yourself and see which sz in cotton fits best. Waist you can get around by not buttoning, but shoulder has to fit perfectly. I have a feeling it's going to be 40, but do your research.

Anyone see any Balmain blazers on sale lately? I am looking for my very first one! I am likely a size 44. Possibly a 46. I tried on the 42 yesterday and while it fit, the arms were on the tight side so I think a 44 would be perfect. Thanks for your help!

Hi ladies! So I bought a gorgeous blue one for around $700 (Saks sale) but all they had was size 46...needless to say, was way too big. Then I found a black on sale from Ssense - size 42 - a little big but comfy. Now am on the lookout for 40 or 42 again. Love it so much. Am debating between beige or dark blue velvet. The velvet is so gorgeous. Will post pics soon!
Did you get your size 46 altered? Or do you just wear it that large?

Hey guys. I'm curious to get your opinions about the sizing of this blazer. I bought it second-hand from Vestiaire Collective after trying it on for size in store. I was encouraged to size up, as I have quite broad shoulders and they are supposed to be slim fitting. However, after trying mine on I am wondering whether it might be too big (maybe the fit has given a bit since it is pre-loved). It's mostly the gaping when i'm wondering about and I like it to be a bit more cinched at the waist - but what do you guys think, would sizing down make a difference, or is this just the fit of the blazer?Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 8.31.30 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-18 at 8.27.45 pm.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Incalifornia7