Authenticate This Balenciaga

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are so welcome oula! anytime. yes, i dislike customs too. :Push:
I am the one that dislike Customs the most.... I was actually buying a BEAUTIFUL bag from ebay USA, previously cleared by you of course.... but I found out that I had to pay 25% more for Customs duties... So I am now wandering through ebay europe, and in the meantime I can also become one of your "fakebuster".. hard job, since they are 99% so obvious fakes...

Hi ladies, when I thought I have master the authentication skill, I came across this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330195282162&ssPageName=STRK:MEUS:IT&ih=014

I got it from a certifed consignment store that guarantee authenticity, but I was contacted by a very nice and sweet pfer which pointed that it's missing a "." between Balenciaga and Paris.

If anyone has any information, please help me out :okay:

It looks authentic to me. Could it be a 2003 S/S Emerald?

i agree with BELLA - having no dot between BAL and the PARIS on the tag doesn't really count for much as there are so many inconsistencies with Bal bags and tags. having the ring not connected isn't a sure sign of anything either - maybe it got pulled apart from use :shrugs:

Thanks nicole. I also agree with you on the ring.

B, I just looked at photos, your purse does look closer to 03 emerald than to mystery green to me.:shrugs: I don't know, for me it's hard to always see colors accurately in pics. Everything about your bag looks authentic to me.......

Hi! I posted some photos in the now closed thread about this bag and was deemed real. I have more photos now, hopefully it will back it up even more...please take a look. Real?

Attachments

• plomb7.jpg
    plomb7.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 46
  • plomb8.jpg
    plomb8.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 36
  • plomb9.jpg
    plomb9.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 42
  • plomb10.jpg
    plomb10.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 32
  • plomb11.jpg
    plomb11.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 34
Here's 2 more photos...

I noticed that the 2 "laces" on the handles got crossed on one the section. Can you guys see it in the photos from the last post? Is this unusual or more unique characteristics of bbags? I can also post more photos from the closed thread here again if need be. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• plomb12.jpg
    plomb12.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 36
  • plomb13.jpg
    plomb13.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 38
Hm. I've just been asked to take a look at burukogepanda's auction... and I have to say, IMO it's not authentic. There were some really good Italian-made fakes back in 2004 that were supposed to be "seafoam", but were this color - not quite emerald, not quite seafoam. The o-ring should definitely be welded closed with no gap (and it doesn't pull apart from use when it has been welded). And I don't think there's much random inconsistency in the Balenciaga tags - it's more like a change from one season to the next, or a variation between the tags on different styles. In other words, there should be a dot; and the "i" in Italy should be lower-case. Sorry, buru... :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.