ARCHIVE 12-10-17 Authenticate This HERMÈS Accessory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please consider making contributions elsewhere on the forum - we are a very small group of authenticators and really prefer to spend our limited volunteer time helping those members who are active in more than just asking for authentication. Thanks for your understanding.
How is someone supposed to get active if when they try to participate others basically send a message saying - you aren't good enough? I'm surprised at this - I think alot of people work their way up into Hermes because the bags are as costly as they are. Why not help them along and educate them in the process so they do learn. I'm really surprised by a response like this.

How is someone supposed to get active if when they try to participate others basically send a message saying - you aren't good enough? I'm surprised at this - I think alot of people work their way up into Hermes because the bags are as costly as they are. Why not help them along and educate them in the process so they do learn. I'm really surprised by a response like this.

There are thousands of threads here and in the Hermes subforum, many, many threads geared to educating people about colours, styles, leathers and more. Lots of opportunities for people to both learn, and to contribute, even if they are just starting out with a brand (lots of non-bag threads, for example.)

We are volunteers. It can take a fair amount of time to authenticate each item, not always, but often. As we have stated, our preference is to use that time to help members who contribute, not just those who come here when they want a free service. We turn down requests when people have been here for literally years and have posted nothing but authentication requests, or where those are the vast majority of their requests. We also turn down new posters who show an immediate pattern of being here just for free authentication.

In all honesty, I am surprised that others don't appreciate that and feel that we have an obligation to answer every request. With limited time, I know my preference is to help those who contribute their knowledge or opinions to others as well. We encourage people to learn as much as they can. The authentication threads themselves are good places to learn by following them. But the constant requests for freebies - sorry, I am not obligated to answer those.

Please, for those of you whose interests are solely authentication requests, the authenticators here prefer to give advice to members who display more wide ranging interests than just asking for free authentications. We look for evidence of posts in other threads and contribution in other areas. We also prefer not to authenticate for sellers on this thread.

For both of the above, there are professional authentication services available.

Thank you kindly.
Dear Mistikat,

thanks for your reply.

As I understand this forum, it is meant for those who are very experienced as well as for those with limited experience - like myself. Hence, it is normal that people like me will be able to contribute less than people like you.

Nevertheless, I feel that a post like mine is a contribution as well. After all, if nobody would post questions or questionable items, nobody could learn from it. Thus, while my posts may not seem like much of a contribution to some, I feel they are part of the spirit of such a forum in providing more items to be scrutinized for the benefit of all.

Consequently, while I am not able to contribute much in the way you have described it, I am depending on people like you to educate me. For only after I have learned will I be able to share my knowledge with others.

Wouldn't you agree?

Dear Mistikat,

thanks for your reply.

As I understand this forum, it is meant for those who are very experienced as well as for those with limited experience - like myself. Hence, it is normal that people like me will be able to contribute less than people like you.

Nevertheless, I feel that a post like mine is a contribution as well. After all, if nobody would post questions or questionable items, nobody could learn from it. Thus, while my posts may not seem like much of a contribution to some, I feel they are part of the spirit of such a forum in providing more items to be scrutinized for the benefit of all.

Consequently, while I am not able to contribute much in the way you have described it, I am depending on people like you to educate me. For only after I have learned will I be able to share my knowledge with others.

Wouldn't you agree?

Please see my reply above to yvonne57. No, I don't feel that any of the authenticators here have an obligation to educate anyone. We share our knowledge within the time we have. It is not too much to ask that those receiving this assistance contribute to the community in other threads with whatever knowledge they have. Especially people who are primarily resellers and use these threads as an adjunct for their business. There are paid services they are welcome to use for their business needs.

If you are interested in learning, welcome! There are so many fantastic threads here, including the authentication threads, that can serve as ways to further your education.

I need to see the year stamps at the top of the inside of the CDC.

Thank you for your reply. Here is the requested picture (i'm sorry i dont know how to link my original post with the pictures for you! I will try to find out asap) the other pictures are at page 57 (one page back) post #844

Attachments

• 0012H.jpg
    0012H.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 124
Please see my reply above to yvonne57. No, I don't feel that any of the authenticators here have an obligation to educate anyone. We share our knowledge within the time we have. It is not too much to ask that those receiving this assistance contribute to the community in other threads with whatever knowledge they have. Especially people who are primarily resellers and use these threads as an adjunct for their business. There are paid services they are welcome to use for their business needs.

If you are interested in learning, welcome! There are so many fantastic threads here, including the authentication threads, that can serve as ways to further your education.
Thanks for your suggestion ill try to contribute more as i have no idea for the main propose of this forum like you said i mostly here to ask for help. No offense i am not the reseller though i am just a regular consumer if i am a reseller i would not have to come here right?. Well like i said ill try to contribute more and ill come back. Have a good evening

Thanks for your suggestion ill try to contribute more as i have no idea for the main propose of this forum like you said i mostly here to ask for help. No offense i am not the reseller though i am just a regular consumer if i am a reseller i would not have to come here right?. Well like i said ill try to contribute more and ill come back. Have a good evening

Thanks! I'll look forward to your contributions. And no, I wasn't referring to you as a reseller and I have no issue with resellers at all - I just think if something is a business, people should be prepared to pay for authentications as a routine business expense if they do not have confidence to be able to authenticate their merchandise themselves.

Okay . . . I hate bother you. I broke down and bought a preowned CDC in amethyst croc. Just got it today and I'm looking for a little reassurance. I already own a few, they're much older and the markings are different, and if this forum has done anything it has increased my paranoia. If someone could be so kind as to offer an opinion on authenticity, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you all!

Attachments

• CDC #1.jpg
    CDC #1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 110
  • CDC #2.jpg
    CDC #2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 109
  • CDC #3.jpg
    CDC #3.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 109
  • CDC #4.jpg
    CDC #4.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 111
Okay . . . I hate bother you. I broke down and bought a preowned CDC in amethyst croc. Just got it today and I'm looking for a little reassurance. I already own a few, they're much older and the markings are different, and if this forum has done anything it has increased my paranoia. If someone could be so kind as to offer an opinion on authenticity, I would very much appreciate it. Thank you all!

Do you have an auction or site link, and the seller name, please? What skin did they tell you this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.