B-bag ladies - what do you carry when it's raining?

Thanks so much Beauxgoris for starting this thread!

And thank you to everyone who braved the rain to "test" the bags!

Now i don't have to buy a tod's pashmy nylon and just use the moolah to buy another bbag! :yahoo:

I know a lot of people would gasp with horror at this, but I take my blueberry day out in the rain. I was caught in a rainstorm with her one day (it was sunny one minute, rainy the next) and I had nothing to cover her with. I thought she was done for good, but as soon as she dried off she was as good as new!! I'm also happy to know that my bbags can withstand any weather! (although i would never risk taking any of the others out in the rain)

I use my Goyard bags or LVs. My Goyard St. Louis PM tote has travelled with me several time and has been rained on, but it still looks great! The water just slides off the canvas, I wipe it dry and it's good to go again! :tup:

Thanks so much Beauxgoris for starting this thread!

And thank you to everyone who braved the rain to "test" the bags!

Now i don't have to buy a tod's pashmy nylon and just use the moolah to buy another bbag! :yahoo:

^^You're welcome. :flowers:

As for me: I use a black canvas museum tote. I just can't stand to have a drop of rain on my b-bags (or any of my nice bags). I'm eyeing a Goyard tote for my rain bag though.

I got caught in a downpour one day while carrying my 06 Cornflower first. I tried to cover the bag as well as I could and just rushed home (I was only a few blocks from home), but it was half-soaked. I thought it was ruined but after it dried it looked exactly the same as before and felt even softer, so now I don't worry as much.

I won't take my 05 or earlier bags out in bad weather because I've heard that they are more prone to water spots, but the 06 and later bags are fine if it's a light rain or scattered storms. If it's absolutely pouring, though, I'll bring a Coach bag or one of my Hayden-Harnett nylon totes, just to be on the safe side.