Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Looks like they have been added
Country Music Thumbs Down GIF by Miranda Lambert
Oh p**h
And there was me thinking things were on the up!
Oh well.

Compare and contrast - MM and BB
How is celebu spawn Brooklyn Beckham doing with his cooking show? Any reason MM will do better ?

When someone has the track record of a Rick Bayless or a Lidia Bastianich or a Stephanie Izard, I'll watch their cooking shows and maybe even buy their cookbooks or their food products (sauces and seasonings from all 3 are in my kitchen cabinets and my fridge even as we "speak"). Until then, the Salmonella Succubus can Kiss My Grits.

They've been removed from the Royal Family website. It's a start.

Kudos to whoever did it!
It didn't last long... They now share a spot and no longer honor their duty to the king. I wonder when they did it. :hrmm:

1710791424590.png
"As announced in January 2020, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have stepped back as working members of The Royal Family. The couple married in St George's Chapel, Windsor on 19 May 2018 and have two children: Prince Archie of Sussex and Princess Lilibet of Sussex."

It didn't last long... They now share a spot and no longer honor their duty to the king. I wonder when they did it. :hrmm:

View attachment 5968503
"As announced in January 2020, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have stepped back as working members of The Royal Family. The couple married in St George's Chapel, Windsor on 19 May 2018 and have two children: Prince Archie of Sussex and Princess Lilibet of Sussex."
Ha! The casual photo is to remind us that they are on a permanent vacation.

View attachment 5968503

Current link to the page:

Statements and announcements​

8 January 2020 - The Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s statement confirming that they would be ‘stepping back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family’: “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a… | Instagram

18 January 2020 - Statement from Queen Elizabeth II on a ‘constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family’: Statement from Her Majesty The Queen | The Royal Family

Statement from Her Majesty The Queen​

Published 18 January 2020
Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions, I am pleased that together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family.
Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family.
I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life.
I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family.
It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.
ENDS

Statement from Buckingham Palace​

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are grateful to Her Majesty and the Royal Family for their ongoing support as they embark on the next chapter of their lives.
As agreed in this new arrangement, they understand that they are required to step back from Royal duties, including official military appointments. They will no longer receive public funds for Royal duties.

With The Queen’s blessing, the Sussexes will continue to maintain their private patronages and associations. While they can no longer formally represent The Queen, the Sussexes have made clear that everything they do will continue to uphold the values of Her Majesty.

The Sussexes will not use their HRH titles as they are no longer working members of the Royal Family.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have shared their wish to repay Sovereign Grant expenditure for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, which will remain their UK family home.
Buckingham Palace does not comment on the details of security arrangements. There are well established independent processes to determine the need for publicly-funded security.
This new model will take effect in the Spring of 2020.
ENDS

Published 19 February 2021:
"19 February 2021 – Statement from Buckingham Palace confirming that The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will not be returning as working members of the Royal Family, but ‘remain much loved members of the family’:
Buckingham Palace statement on The Duke and Duchess of Sussex | The Royal Family
Published 19 February 2021

"The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed to Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as working members of The Royal Family.

"Following conversations with The Duke, The Queen has written confirming that in stepping away from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to continue with the responsibilities and duties that come with a life of public service. The honorary military appointments and Royal patronages held by The Duke and Duchess will therefore be returned to Her Majesty, before being redistributed among working members of The Royal Family."

"While all are saddened by their decision, The Duke and Duchess remain much loved members of the family."

If I was a lawyer/attorney/barrister/whatever is appropriate, I'd be suing The Traitor and The Trollop for Breach Of Contract.

I wonder if TW chose the photos, she appears grinning in all of them. 😂
1710805550271.png
The updated Royal Family website has a link to the Harkles website??? Not only are they not shutting them down for using their titles for profit, they are actually promoting it. I have no words...... :amazed:
You're right, I hadn't realized that. Absolutely tasteless. :sick:

1710805914544.png

:tdown::sick:Sickening moves in the wrong direction.

Royals caved in to TW’s demand to change her picture, and went overboard doing it.

Speechless in trying to understand providing the Sussex link.

Edited to add: Feels like a rollercoaster today, feeling high at the news they were off of the website, only to learn they are on more prominently than ever.

Last edited:
:tdown::sick:Sickening moves in the wrong direction.

Royals caved in to TW’s demand to change her picture, and went overboard doing it.

Speechless in trying to understand providing the Sussex link.

Edited to add: Feels like a rollercoaster today, feeling high at the news they were off of the website, only to learn they are on more prominently than ever.
They got the BRF seal of approval. Now we just have to wait for ARO's advertising on the royal family page. :sick:

disgusted excuse me GIF