Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Immature? She got engaged when she was a teenager. Charles is the one who was immature, if anyone was, by being so open about his affairs and candidly awkward during their couple interviews when their job was to *sell* the fairytale wedding for the tourism. Even at 20 Diana understood they were meant to pretend they were in love to sell those tea towels while he was pretentiously wittering about ‘what is love?’

It was always a business/dynastic arrangement as well as a marriage after all and *arguably* clan Spencer would be quite excited to marry in and also it would be incredibly awkward for them if 2 of their girls knocked him back. I dunno how much their families actually gave her the choice. It’s obvious she wasn’t Charles’ choice either and if a future king can’t choose then how much choice did the bride have?

I feel like there’s a lot of Charles in Harry tbh they both seem very condescending especially to women.
Thinking the Spencer women have had bad luck in the romance Dept. I read the Foreman book about Georgina The Duchess of Devonshire years ago and rewatched the movie the other night. Lady Georgina Spencer married the Duke when she was 17 and he was decades older. She had met him twice prior to marriage. Dynastic marriages may be rare today, but they still happen. I know this to be true in certain ethnic communities. Bloodlines and money are still important to many people.

When Diana had cold feet right before the wedding her sister, probably the one who had dated Charles, told her “too late Duchy.” Duchy was her family nickname and probably stems from them knowing she had aspirations for a grander title that just your Ladyship.

Harry does appear to have inherited the grandiosity gene. He married a woman that he thought was just as elevated in her particular field. Apparently Harry never heard the phrase “due diligence.”

I heard an interesting piece of old gossip about TW this morning. It was on a podcast by two beauty experts who worked on the launch of glossier back in the day.

The guy did a lot of consulting for startups and someone connected him with M telling him that it would be great if he helped her launch the tig. He said he had a 40 minute phone call with her and told her that pricing for deals was kind of tricky because she had high number of followers, but not a ton of engagement on her blog, and they agreed to meet for dinner in a couple weeks.

He is very busy for these couple weeks doing fashion week stuff and she sent a couple emails which it sounds like he didn’t respond to, which is on him. When he did respond to say oh hey, we never scheduled that dinner she wrote back and said are you serious? You really think we’re going to have dinner after you went radio silent on me for two weeks?

He said it was his bad to not respond to her emails, but he felt that she was trying to get free consulting work out of him before having their formal dinner meeting to talk about his consulting fees. He felt that he had given her enough free time during the 40 minute phone call and that he wasn’t going to give any more advice until he was under contract. He actually didn’t say she was a ***** or anything, he was just kind of whatever about the whole thing.

So let me get this straight. SHE wants something from HIM, then acts annoyed the very busy guy was actually, well, busy?

Possibly because she is a short-ish person? If she stood in the back, no one would see her.
B...bbb.....but... she has legs for miles?!

Dogs GIF