What are some fancy shoes FOR MEN?

If you want something different Stefano Bemer offers a unique spin on the driving shoe. (Available both RTW and bespoke)

These look comfy. @Christofle knows more about this than I do, he can give you a bunch of driving loafers to choose from. I don't have much else to add that I haven't posted already.

• Thanks
Reactions: Book Worm
I'm looking for driving loafers for DH and have encountered the usual suspects - Ferragamo, H, Tods, Gucci, etc...
@Christofle and other men's shoe experts, can you share some that you know and love? Thx
Here's two articles with pics from the top men's magazines [GQ owned by Conde Nast and Esquire owned by Hearst].

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Book Worm
Here's two articles with pics from the top men's magazines [GQ owned by Conde Nast and Esquire owned by Hearst].

Thanks. This is great info :heart:

Loro Piana summer walk suede loafers:
bdO7IaI.png

Charvet almond-toe suede slippers navy:
w560_q60.jpg

Charvet almond-toe suede slippers blue:
w560_q60.jpg

Charvet almond-toe suede slippers green:
charvet-almond-toe-suede-slippers-mens.jpg

Bottega Veneta slippers black:
accessori-uomo-casa-1525771168.jpg

Lanvin suede & patent leather:
Lanvin-Suede-Patent-Leather.jpg

Brunello Cucinelli:
brunello-cucinelli-sneraker-1.jpg

Manolo Blahnik Mario Grosgrain-trimmed velvet loafers:
1647459918-screen-shot-2022-03-16-at-3-44-48-pm-1647459898.png

Converse × Comme des Garçons:
1600273841-chuck-taylor-hidden-heart-low-top-sneaker-comme-des-garc-ons-play-x-converse-1600273822.jpg

Hermès:
hermes.jpg

Thom Browne Hector tartan wool slipper:
RR_Best_Mens_Slippers_TB.jpg

Tell me those are a joke. If I saw someone wearing any of those, I would think he is a joke and major “fashun”victim. No, just no.
whether or not they are to one’s taste, (and they are certainly not mine lol) John fluevog occupies a unique niche in North American Shoe craft. I am not all that familiar with JF but I seem to recall Pacific NW Artsy Grunge and Rock & Roll as his sensibility. JF shoes are fit for rock stars in part bc they also had his patented special comfort soles and unique structure (inspired by shoes made by a 1950s Mexican manufacturing company). So despite their flamboyant appearance, JF does construct a shoe of merit.

I would argue that Fluevogs probably belong to this thread of ‘Fancy Shoes’ more than the mainstream, logo intensive Kering company fashion, department store brands, like Burberry, Gucci, Ferregamo, etc. Those, while expensive, might not quite meet the definition of ‘fancy’ relative to the bohemian JF or the very different form of ‘fancy’ evinced by premier luxury giants like Hermes, John Lobb, perhaps even Weston. Weston, IMO, straddles that line of more fashion fancy than sartorial. IMO, the jury is still out as to whether a woman’s shoe brand like Louboutin or Manolo that are certainly popular and pricy fashion statements can even compare to their sartorial cousins.

My definition of ‘fancy’ includes ‘regular’ names like Edward Green and anything sold by Leffot NY (though I’m not sure EG would be ‘fancy’ enough for @Christofle lol :lol: Not sure If Crockett & Jones or Carmina or Alden fit either. IMO, though many would disagree, Milanese fashion, most prominent name being brunello Wouldn’t qualify as a ‘fancy’ shoe bc of their construction and well lack of bona fide heritage, and I’m only half joking :P There are also bespoke and MtM companies who schedule trunk show appointments out of hotel suites. S9me of their shoes are gorgeous, but to me, they aren’t quite ‘fancy ‘ either.

what I mean to say is ‘fancy‘ encompasses as wide, or as narrow, a swath as one would like, :smile: having little to do with individual taste or aesthetics.

Last edited: