are all Hermes SAs super rude?

the SAs on the uk website customer service are really, really helpful when it comes to scarves. and i have spoken to different SAs in hte stores over the phone. one was really nice and eager to help, the other wasnt rude, but she sure wasnt eager!!

i was browsing the agendas, and she said, "they're just agendas. why do you need to look at them?" then five minutes later, as we looked at scarves, she asked us to step aside, she needed to preserve these items for buying customers.

OMG...what a rude, nasty b***h :wtf: I'm sorry that you and mom had such a horrible experience. I have to admit that I have come across some rude SAs at my local Hermes as well. Sometimes when I go in, they will be in a good mood, but other times they just can't be bothered. Maybe its because I only buy scarves, key chains and enamel bracelets??? There is one SA from another store that I deal with over the phone and she is very sweet.

I had half-hearted service at the Madison Ave store in NYC a few months ago. It was my first time going there, and I went to buy a birthday present for my boyfriend. Of course, one of the reasons I picked Hermes to buy my boyfriend's present was to have an excuse to see the leather goods, since I'm planning to buy a Birkin in the near future.

The SA who helped me out was rather lukewarm...I asked her a few questions about the different types of leather, and her answers were pretty curt. She didn't go out of her way to show me anything. She finally mentioned the leatherbook, and I asked if I could see it. She seemed surprised that I would want to do this. Once I got to peruse the leatherbook, she pretty much abandoned me at that point...so, no brownie points for her.

This is the reason why I'm planning on making my Hermes purchases in Europe, specifically France. In general, I find customer service there much, much better. Even in McDonald's, you are treated much better there than in the US.

I phoned the Neiman Marcus store at King of Prussia [from Scotland] trying to locate my grail scarf and the sales girl was an absolute gem! She processed my order [even though I had to get my husband to make the payment as they couldn't accept VISA or Mastercard..only American Express - a card I don't have]. She was polite and sent the package that evening so wins my "Not all Hermes SA are bad" award.

In fact, I called the actual Hermes Store at King of Prussia mall and a guy answered. I said I was calling from Scotland and he was "Oh my gosh, Scotland...in the UK? Oh, my". I explained I what I was looking for and when he said they didn't have the scarf he was really sympathetic and gave me the number for Neiman Marcus - the actual department, not just the store switchboard and wished me luck.

So, the moral...there are good and bad SA out there. :tup: to the good ones

:tdown: to the bad.

raz - do the SAs on the uk website offer to get you a design or colorway other than what is shown on the site for immediate sale?

Im not 100% sure on this. but when i wanted my pinky red omnibus, none of the stores had it, but the website got it for me and it came from Paris!!:tup: cant tell you how exited i felt getting that parcel:yahoo::yahoo:. phone them, they are all so helpful.

I had to call the San Fran and NYC boutique this morning to find what I was looking for :graucho: and both SA's were wonderful. The man (forgot his name) in NYC told me they didn't have any in that boutique but he would ck at all the other boutiques and see who had it. He told me he would call me back in a few min and that he did. He even called me later on to tell me that he had found out that one of the Hawaii boutiques had an order of "my item" coming in today. He offered to process my order for me but I told him I would call myself. I did. Spoke to Reiko in SF. She was very nice on the phone.

Sooooo.....not ALL Hermes SA's are unpleasant.

........I should call back and get the man's name that helped me in NYC in case I'm there soon.

Raz96 - You are right, working with hermes.com is a good way to go. I just did a test - I emailed the USA hermes website and asked for 2 scarves that were not on the usa website and also asked re an evelyne in red. They emailed me back very quickly and told me where to call in usa [Costa Mesa] for the 2 scarves. They told me to call my local store for the handbag. I called Costa Mesa and they were wonderful. So pleasant and cooperative. They were out of one scarf - two people looked for it - but the other one will be here Friday! Au cour de la vie in black cw. Awsome.
:yahoo:

I have never found anyone to be outright rude. I have found them to be disinterested in me if I was visiting a different boutique and carrying non-H bag. This happened to me in Las Vegas and I attribute this to the fact that they have zillions of people coming in and asking for a Birkin. LOL!

I was in Chicago carrying non-H bag, and they could not have been more helpful. Of course, I dropped a few names of SA that I have used in other cities, so I know that did the trick!

There was one rude SA in hermes that my mom encountered once. My mom & I went to the Sydney Hermes boutique to pick up her birkin. The SA was so rude when we came in! She gave us the up and down look as if we cannot afford anything in the boutique! Not until my mom asked for her bag then she started being soooo nice.

However, our SA Enrique in Madison Ave boutique is the total opposite. He's wonderful and very helpful.

The SAs in Paris are wonderful too. I guess the rude SAs are very rare but they do exist unfortunately :sad:

I've only been in two shops and no one was rude, but there definitely was a different vibe in them. The Chicago store is a little more uptight. The store I've been in several times with moderate (no bags) purchases each time is the Charlotte store and the SA's there are super-friendly; one is my favorite and I ask for him, but really they all are nice.

I'm sure your experience left you wondering who is serving whom! Better luck at another store.