are all Hermes SAs super rude?

Went to Harrods today to ask about a belt, my waist is big I think (I wear the belts pretty low - on the hips) - I would have liked a size 90 with pall h/w. They were sold out and the lady who helped me acted like she was doing me a massive favour. It does turn you off a bit, so I going to get a belt, buy the kelly I would like and thats it. Actually, I fancy a tie horn and that is really it!

Sometimes I feel like they act like they are doing me a favour by serving me, which I never get in LV. I must add that not all of the SA's in the UK are like that, Sloane Street were lovely, Harrods were not.

^^^Hi Sammyjoe :smile:

Sorry you had that experience but personally I don't think its isolated to Hermes. For a while I bought LV exclusively and I had one of the nastiest SA's ever in my home store! (My regular wasn't there) I ask if I could see a certain bag when it came in, given it was reserved for someone else but I wanted to see it IRL before I commited to buying it when it did come in and her nasty toned response? "We can't let you see someone else's bag!" Well damn. I didn't ask you to cut off your arm and hand it to me. I just ask if I could see the bag.

I truely think it depends on the person, not the brand.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum- I have looked around and have found your conversations, very intriguing-indeed.

On the rude SA :tdown: : I must say that I have traveled throughout the world and have acquired 18 Birkins, 11 Kelly's, 6 Bearn wallets, 7 H belts and 85 scarves in my lifetime- most of which were purchased by me in France and throughout the globe. The others were purchased by my personal assistant at the NY establishment. Her story was NOT similar to the ladies above. She did say though that they were very busy with their high-end customers, but soon enough came over to her. I had given her my black AMEX and sent her with my list. It was her first time and she explained to me she was overwhelmed. In the end the SA processed $215,000 worth of sales. But they WERE nice to her before they even knew what she would ultimately spend that afternoon, But were much more nicer in the end :graucho:. So I say maybe that rare SA was having a "bad -really bad day". But that is no excuse- shame on her.

I hope you never have an experience like that ever again, good luck.:nogood:

You'll find bad SA's wherever you go...these days I think there are more bad ones than good. So believe me, when I find an exceptional one, I latch onto that person. My Hermes SA yesterday at Bal Harbour, Adele, was a sweetheart.

I've been known to write a letter to the manager of the store if I've had a particularly good experience, even at Target. Conversely, I've also written letters for a particularly bad or rude SA. I'm considering writing one to Neiman's at Bal Harbour...there were more SA's than shoppers there yesterday in women's apparel, and they were all huddled around in groups cackling and ignoring the customers. They won't get a commission from me!

I must be lucky. I shop at the KOP store and all the SAs are totally lovely people. They are quite willing to show you anything in the store -- even if they know you are just "window" shopping. I can't recommend them more highly.

Wow, some real horror stories here :wtf: I count myself lucky, I've dealt with a bunch of different SAs both in person and over the phone in 4 different locations in UK and none were rude. They weren't all eager to go out of their way to help me but every single one was perfectly polite. The lady in Harrods was very friendly and the gentleman in Sloane St was a gem.

I'm very, very lucky with my SA. She has a look on scarfs coming in and phones me the second she sees something that might interest me.

She also showed me the leather book, a "try-on" birking to see the size and so on. I'm sure that this very special day when I'm ready to order either my first birkin or kelly (has yet to be deceided), she will be absolutely willing to help me. But then, I'm living in a rather small town and I'm not sure how many clients the local H-stor has.

So from my side, no rude SA's at all! :tup:

I
So, the moral...there are good and bad SA out there. :tup: to the good ones

:tdown: to the bad.

Agree! I have had good and bad service in the Madison Ave store. But having lived in NYC, unfortunately, it is not uncommon to be subjected to rude behavior.

But I can say that in general, H SAs have been wonderful.

I can totally relate... :yes: I think it really depends on each individual SA. Some are actually quite helpful and didn't mind answering lots of questions! :tup: But one time I went to Rome and dropped by the Hermes boutique to ask if they have any available Birkin, and the SA smirked and laughed straight to my face without saying anything else! :cursing:

I can totally relate... :yes: I think it really depends on each individual SA. Some are actually quite helpful and didn't mind answering lots of questions! :tup: But one time I went to Rome and dropped by the Hermes boutique to ask if they have any available Birkin, and the SA smirked and laughed straight to my face without saying anything else! :cursing:

That's obnoxious.

I still think that if anyone visits an unfamiliar H store already with a Kelly or a Birkin, more likely than not will you get better service. Very superficial, I know but such is life.

it depends, I have encounter some, they are not exactly rude but they do have those kinda " Don't stay here for too long if you are not gonna get something" look... but others are really nice and friendly! :okay:

I had a terrible experience wi a SA at KOP when it first opened. When I got home, I called the store and asked for her name. They gave it to me and asked why and I told them. The sa not only called me to apologize but sent me Hermes perfume ! I now deal with Jill who could not be nicer .