are all Hermes SAs super rude?

I had an S.A. correct me when I looked at a tag and pronounced something in correct french (I used to live there) and she haughtily responded with a sort of weird American version of it. I decided not to say anything tho and kept admiring the Bearn :smile:

Hi - I'm new to the group [today!] and also a newbie collector of Hermes scarves. I bought online from sellers recommended by another H site. I was planning to go over to the local Hermes shop in Tysons Corner, Virgina. After reading this thread, I'm intimidated already. I'm not looking to buy a Birkin. A few scarves. Could anyone in the No Va area refer me to a good SA?
Thanks, Carolemily

i'm so sorry that you had such a bad experience! i've been lucky so far with all the SAs i've dealt with, however, my mum was just complaining to me about a very rude SA she had to deal with when she collected my HAC from the "spa"-- the SA literally chucked my bag at her and didn't say a word, AND DIDN'T EVEN GIVE MY MUM A CARRIER FOR THE BAG. Can u imagine?! Sigh. Still, try not to let that put u off Hermes, hopefully the next time you venture in you'll be served by a much nicer SA!

Really, no matter if you go into a shop wearing a WHAM! t-shirt and wedges, cracking gum, no one should ever be rude. The manager of that particular shop should know. If one of my girls treated a client that way, it would be possible grounds for dismissal. The world is full of too much rudeness.

Funny you should mention it. My Louis Vuitton SA once told me that a few years ago, this middle aged guy walked in with a pair of flip flops, old ragged t-shirt and a pair of shorts. He looked like he'd been shipwrecked. Anyhow, she greeted him with a smile and stopped what she was doing and asked if she could assist him in anyway. He proceeded to spend $250K worth of goods and wanted them to be dropped off at his "little" boat. It turned out that he was the co-sponsor of the Louis Vuitton Cup and he'd parked his super yacht right at the marina not too far from the LV boutique. She found that out pretty quick who he was when he took out his Centurion Amex card.

The moral of the story - treat every customer no matter how badly dressed they are like a star :yes:

^^^Something similar happened at Hermes recently. I saw gentlemen in khaki and white t-shirt. Mind you, he looked like he spilt half his lunch on his shirt. Well, he proceeded to spend time with one of my SAs buying shoes, shirts, oh, and 5 saddles. The saddles were gifts for distant relatives. Oddly enough, because he was rather disheveled, I just knew he had money. When you're that wealthy, you honestly don't have to prove yourself to anyone and, frankly, don't care about anyone's opinion anyway.

I agree with U ...

BV SAs are amazing they even call me in my birthday !!
& they call me if anything will arrive soon so I can have my name down in the waiting list

I Love Hermes .. but the way they handle the customers is really BAD !!!!
exapt if you know them !!!!

To Angelfish - :heart:

A belated thank you for the email re Tysons Corner H. I just opened your email welcoming me to the orange side. I can't message because I'm a newbie with less than 5 posts. I hope you find this message. Thanks for the needed encouragement re visiting the store. In the meantime, I went to H.com and bought 4 scarves to let out some pent-up need-new-scarf aggression. :sweatdrop:

Carol

I'm so sorry about your negative experience. I've found that there are rude SA's everywhere. It is unfortunate since they are in customer service! I hope your next experience it much more positive. With the great group of ladies here, I'm sure they could refer you to an excellent SA.

And Heremsgroupie, I couldn't agree with you more about: When you're that wealthy, you honestly don't have to prove yourself to anyone and, frankly, don't care about anyone's opinion anyway. My brother in law is a BIG time VP of a huge finance/real estate corporation in LA and his family is VERY VERY wealthy. Well, you would never know it by what he was driving for years! He drove a poop brown 12 + year old year old Ford Explorer. He just didn't care about making an impression to people....he simply just never saw the point in trying to impress other people.

I agree with everyone here, each store has it's bad apples. I'm normally on the LV board but saw this topic and had to respond too.
There are a lot of topics on the LV board about being treated poorly by SAs and then there are also a lot of topics about how wonderfully they were treated. So each company/store has those who have a "holier than thou" attitude with their customers which is quite sad.
Anyway I personally have only gotten a twilly for my mom for Christmas last year but the SA I worked with was so nice and helpful. Also sometimes I just go into the store to browse and have never gotten the once over or snide comments from anyone.
If there is anyone to report that particular snotty SA to, I'd do it.

All of my Hermes boutique experiences have been miserable because of the nasty SA's. I wish I didn't want a new Plume so badly. We've wondered before if the Hermes SA's are on commission. Maybe these commissions are based upon how many sales a SA can PREVENT--versus how many she/he can facillitate. "Well, let's tally up your results for March. Ah, you chased off 25 customers, eight of which ran off in tears. And best of all, you started the month's inventory with 7 Birkins, we received no shipments from the factor, and now we have 11 Birkins in stock, mostly from rejcted/dejected customers who dropped the Birks they were carrying when they came into the store and don't have the gall to come back for them. HA HA HA!"

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao: