Official bottega veneta chat thread - thread #4

Shall we call it a Pillow day?? :biggrin:
I am trying on mine, getting used to it, tho it feels odd (yet), but I saw the heads turning and following looks all the way and teen girls were wow-ing at it, so I can say yes, for sure the colour is what I wanted, perfect silver metallic, hope the style will work for me as well, just need to short list my stuff :smile:
View attachment 3523886

I'm carrying my NLG pillow today. It took getting used to in the beginning because I carry a full tote. But it's worth the edit for me to have the convenience of a small cross body for short excursions....and when I tire of the weight of a fuller, larger bag. Your silver one is a stunner!

Reactions: ksuromax
I'm carrying my NLG pillow today. It took getting used to in the beginning because I carry a full tote. But it's worth the edit for me to have the convenience of a small cross body for short excursions....and when I tire of the weight of a fuller, larger bag. Your silver one is a stunner!
Thank you :ty:

I just want to say, I wish BV put feet on their bags. This morning I noticed the corner wear on my rete tote, a bag I've only had a year and carried on and off during the winter months. That amounts to not a lot of use.

I just want to say, I wish BV put feet on their bags. This morning I noticed the corner wear on my rete tote, a bag I've only had a year and carried on and off during the winter months. That amounts to not a lot of use.

There is a reason for that
Italians think it is bad luck to put your bag on the floor
That is why I can't understand why the Roma has feet
Except the Roma was designed for working women

But the bags are mostly sitting....on the counter, the a desk, on a chair or dresser. The corners take a beating.

That is my only annoyance with BV: the edge or corner wear can start within months. But I do have to wonder if the edge wear issue might be a design flaw with the Rete. I noticed the wear on my Rete totes really quickly. But I see little to no wear on the edges of my Cabats. And same with my Bella bags. Go figure...

That is my only annoyance with BV: the edge or corner wear can start within months. But I do have to wonder if the edge wear issue might be a design flaw with the Rete. I noticed the wear on my Rete totes really quickly. But I see little to no wear on the edges of my Cabats. And same with my Bella bags. Go figure...
That's interesting.

I find that corners on BV bags and SLGs wear
I had a San Marco zip around wallet that I had to stop carrying because the edges were worn very badly ( I [emoji173]️that wallet too)
I have several other SLGs that have also shown a lot of wear on the edges
It probably has a lot to do with how soft the Nappa leather is

Just in case I can't make it here tomorrow
I just want to wish all the lovely supportive BVettes on TPF a wonderful Thanksgiving.
May your turkey be moist
Your gravy lump free
And your homes filled with love family and friends [emoji182][emoji173]️
You are the nicest bunch of women in the whole world

I am going to start this little story with some advice

Listen to your SA when they are giving you advice

When I worked at BV, seems like the distant past now, a woman I know came into the store. She wanted a BV bag very badly. After showing her different options in color and style she opted to buy an Ebano Cuervo hobo. They had just come out at that time. I told her she would not be happy with it because after talking with her I knew she wanted a woven bag. I tried to steer her to a Veneta or a seamless tote or what is referred to as the Bella bag. She did not want to go for the price point.
I have seen her many times since her purchase, and she never really spoke to me except hello goodbye etc
Finally last week she came into the salon where I work and we got to talking. She said " I hate that bag you sold me" I said " I told you not to buy it. I knew you wouldn't like it because it wasn't woven"
I asked if she still had it and she said yes. I told her when she goes to Florida this year to take it with her and give it another try. I told her that style had become very popular and people will recognize it now.
She called Wednesday and told me she carried the bag and 3 people told her how lovely the bag was
The moral of this story is
Listen to your SA
If they are any good they will listen to you
Learn about your life style and always try to steer you in the right direction

I am going to start this little story with some advice

Listen to your SA when they are giving you advice

When I worked at BV, seems like the distant past now, a woman I know came into the store. She wanted a BV bag very badly. After showing her different options in color and style she opted to buy an Ebano Cuervo hobo. They had just come out at that time. I told her she would not be happy with it because after talking with her I knew she wanted a woven bag. I tried to steer her to a Veneta or a seamless tote or what is referred to as the Bella bag. She did not want to go for the price point.
I have seen her many times since her purchase, and she never really spoke to me except hello goodbye etc
Finally last week she came into the salon where I work and we got to talking. She said " I hate that bag you sold me" I said " I told you not to buy it. I knew you wouldn't like it because it wasn't woven"
I asked if she still had it and she said yes. I told her when she goes to Florida this year to take it with her and give it another try. I told her that style had become very popular and people will recognize it now.
She called Wednesday and told me she carried the bag and 3 people told her how lovely the bag was
The moral of this story is
Listen to your SA
If they are any good they will listen to you
Learn about your life style and always try to steer you in the right direction
if I were looking for a SA, you'd be my choice (if you were still in the business):smile: