Which Dooney Are You Carrying Today?

Do you find that drawstrings stick out too far from your body or do they carry well?
I think the answer depends upon how wide and rigid the base of the drawstring bag is as well as your body shape and proportions. If a drawstring bag hits you above the waist or if you have narrow hips, it will stick out less than if it hits at the hips and those hips have a little padding of their own. :smile:
Also, some ladies wear the drawstring handbag slung to the back of their body and others wear it on the side.

I think the answer depends upon how wide and rigid the base of the drawstring bag is as well as your body shape and proportions. If a drawstring bag hits you above the waist or if you have narrow hips, it will stick out less than if it hits at the hips and those hips have a little padding of their own. :smile:
Also, some ladies wear the drawstring handbag slung to the back of their body and others wear it on the side.
I completely agree with LJ. I am 5'5". I love the large Kendall, but it does have a wide base. I lengthen the straps as far as they will go. And it lays lower and more comfortable for me. I do not like crossbody bags, so I didn't even consider the small one. I just ordered the Logan and it wears great too, although it does not adjust on the strap. If I am wanting to carry a bag up under my arm, I switch into my hobo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using PurseForum mobile app

I carried one of my Dooney satchels today.

aug%202016%20sm_zpsygwzn6ol.jpg

Been carrying "Siggy" since Friday, hoping to switch to a Carley Olivia satchel I saw at Marshall's a week ago. Carley gives me the room I need. Siggy is just a little too small. But Carley was gone when I went back. I went to Livermore yesterday and my luck was just as bad. There were no Carley satchels in pebble leather or coated canvas. I may have to order her on ILD, but I'm going to check out one more Marshall's before I throw in the towel. In the meantime I'll carry Siggy because she's so lightweight.

20160817_112055-1_resized.jpg

Been carrying "Siggy" since Friday, hoping to switch to a Carley Olivia satchel I saw at Marshall's a week ago. Carley gives me the room I need. Siggy is just a little too small. But Carley was gone when I went back. I went to Livermore yesterday and my luck was just as bad. There were no Carley satchels in pebble leather or coated canvas. I may have to order her on ILD, but I'm going to check out one more Marshall's before I throw in the towel. In the meantime I'll carry Siggy because she's so lightweight.

View attachment 3442330
Love that siggy! What color Carley are you stalking? :graucho:

Reactions: RuedeNesle
Love that siggy! What color Carley are you stalking? :graucho:

Thanks Sarah! :love:

Well.....the one I wanted was midnight blue. Since they didn't have it I started thinking about red, but I haven't been able to find the coated canvas Carley online in red. That got me thinking about the pebble leather Carley. So I'm either going to get the coated canvas Carley in blue, or the pebble leather Carley in red! (90% chance) :lol:.

Reactions: MiaBorsa