Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Wow, I bet the phones are jammed with all these problems. I bet they are going to lose a lot of sellers with these changes and their inability to correct the site issues.
Yes, and chat too. what happened they removed my "verified" status. I went through it recently in Fall (it was second time actually), and yesterday it was there. Phone and chat are jammed - another unpleasant Tradesy update.
ETA just finished chat. they would transfer this problem ("verified" is gone, hello 21 days of waiting) to their developers. I can see I'm verified in "manage payouts" section but not in the shop. they def screwed up <actual verified - showing verified - timeline for funds release -email notification >.:confused1::whut::panic:
other verified sellers, do you still see your status?

Last edited:
Yes, and chat too. what happened they removed my "verified" status. I went through it recently in Fall (it was second time actually), and yesterday it was there. Phone and chat are jammed - another unpleasant Tradesy update.
ETA just finished chat. they would transfer this problem ("verified" is gone, hello 21 days of waiting) to their developers. I can see I'm verified in "manage payouts" section but not in the shop. they def screwed up <actual verified - showing verified - timeline for funds release -email notification >.:confused1::whut::panic:
other verified sellers, do you still see your status?
Tradesy mentions this in their TOS somewhere. I just read it....that they were removing the "verified [emoji818]️" from all verified accts. Apparently it was confusing for buyers. It's visible in your acct settings. It's just not a feature they are using for others to view.

Now what? I just sold item, shipped it the same day. correct tracking didn't appear in the system (no tracking at all actually). I had to chat with them and they manually put tracking #. after that I received email confirmation "you earned..." blah blah. but wait, it says funds will be available in 21 days. I'm a freaking verified seller (gave them everything except for my blood sample) and here we go 21 days!!
Wow, it is their new policy then. I have tried to become a verified seller, but I am having website difficulty. I see that has a good thing now. I officially don't care anymore about that. :lol: Tradesy was not much help when I contacted them. I can wait 21 days for now for an occasional sell.

Last edited:
Tradesy mentions this in their TOS somewhere. I just read it....that they were removing the "verified [emoji818]️" from all verified accts. Apparently it was confusing for buyers. It's visible in your acct settings. It's just not a feature they are using for others to view.

Wow, it is their new policy then. I have tried to become a verified seller, but I am having website difficulty. I see that has a good thing now. I officially don't care anymore about that. :lol: Tradesy was not much help when I contacted them. I can wait 21 days for now for an occasional sell.

tradesy removed "
emoji818.png
️verified" together with 4-days withdrawal window by mistake apparently. they don't know.

That's ridiculous! I hate when they suggest a price since they aren't basing it on the same style, color and condition. It is meaningless to me. I wouldn't let them control the price. I'll lower it myself if I want to. Maybe they are getting tired of listings just sitting there not selling since they provide unlimited free listings.

Exactly my issue with them!!! Their recommended prices are very outdated and algorithms have a lot of flaws!

Tradesy also removed offer function and now I guess it is replaced by this vague pricing scheme

Yes I realize that. Sorry I should have clarified.

I've been selling and buying on tradesy for over 18 months without one issue. Why would that not be sufficient to "verify" me? Plus my funds go to a PayPal account and I have to be verified for that account. So why do I need to jump through more hoops and need to give a bank account number to keep a 4 day hold now? I know it's their policy now but it seems to punish long time & in good standing participants.

Just to add...also SSN! For God sake I don't understand why they need my SSN in order for me to get rid of a few things in my closet

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
I also didn't realize that I was a verified seller until I got the same email today.
I wonder why buyers from other countries would be interested in purchasing on Tradesy, except maybe buyers from Canada, because they will have to pay more for shipping presumably, pay customs fees on higher price point items, potentially wait weeks until they receive their item in who knows what condition or authenticity. It would make more sense if Tradesy did an authenticity check for them prior to sending it overseas. The brands I buy are actually cheaper new in Europe and cheaper via the resale market in Asia, so if it weren't for customs fees I would buy more from Europe especially. Are there some brands that are better deals in the USA compared to elsewhere, or brands that are harder to obtain outside of the US?

I checked and didn't get any email at all from
Tradesy but I want to add on Canadian buyers! Very confused!

Should we all complain to Tradesy?

Tradesy now ships internationally to Canada and sellers ship to Tradesy. Buyers get all in land in prices including duties when they place items in the cart

However one Canadian buyer just told me this week that Tradesy would charge her $160 CAD for shipping which totally put her off

I see no reasons and incentives to ship internationally and no incentives for buyers either given such high costs

I checked and didn't get any email at all from
Tradesy but I want to add on Canadian buyers! Very confused!

Should we all complain to Tradesy?

Tradesy now ships internationally to Canada and sellers ship to Tradesy. Buyers get all in land in prices including duties when they place items in the cart

However one Canadian buyer just told me this week that Tradesy would charge her $160 CAD for shipping which totally put her off

I see no reasons and incentives to ship internationally and no incentives for buyers either given such high costs

Wow, unless it was a very expensive item that shipping fee sounds exorbitant for US to Canada.

And they do want your Social. I'm sorry but I'm not giving that. This is straight from the Tradesy site on how to get verified:

Ready to get Verified? Here's how:
  1. Go to your Manage Payouts page. Click the 'Submit ID' link beneath the 'Withdraw' button.
  2. You must have a bank account attached to your Tradesy account to get verified. If you haven't linked one yet, we'll ask you to add one before you can continue. This is required for the verification process only, as you still have the other 2 options for withdrawing your earnings: onto a debit card or into a PayPal account if you’d prefer.
  3. Once you've got a bank account linked to Tradesy, you'll be asked for some more details on your identity. The last piece of info required is your Tax ID (SSN for individuals, EIN for businesses)
  4. You're all set. If you have any trouble, contact us!

I remember being "verified" when Tradesy first started operating, they only required a bank account OR SSN. I wonder if those who have given just their accounts will also have to hand over their SSN.

I wonder what's gonna happen if we all call and complain this freaking new policy

If verified status is confusing to buyers and buyers have only 4 days to decide on the items, why in hell they are holding money for up to 21 days?

I agree. I think they want all this information so it will be easier for them to come after you to get their money, if necessary. A buyer can file a credit card chargeback months after the sale, and Tradesy could be left holding the bag. They have my name and address and my Paypal account information. I'm not willing to give them any more information. I just sold a cheap, non-name brand, item. In the past, my money was released as soon as it was scanned by the post office. It has been scanned but is still pending. I'll be curious to see how long I have to wait to get my $20.

So it sounds like now, no matter whether it is a brand-name item or not, non-verified sellers will have to wait up to potentially 21 days to receive their money, no matter the amount. I wonder why the hold time has been increased by such a large amount?

There must be some "important" reason for them to try so hard to now get everyone to become a verified seller. I have been selling on Tradesy for almost 3 years now with over 100 sales and zero issues for them as a seller and because I won't give them my bank account number and other too important, personal information, I'll be forced to wait it out or stop selling on Tradesy.

Initially tradesy only asked sellers' bank account for verification and then they started to ask for SSN that's when I stopped caring

On tradesy website, they mentioned about law compliance for know your customer. From my understanding this is only required by US laws for anti-money laundering. PayPal or eBay also need to be in compliance with same laws. But they usually require account holders above certain transaction threshold so I have no idea how and why tradesy or Stripe needs this info.

One possible reason is Stripe pushes tradesy to verify sellers. Still I'm not giving my SSN!

"Once you've got a bank account linked to Tradesy, you'll be asked for some more details on your identity. The last piece of info required is your Tax ID (SSN for individuals, EIN for businesses). Your SSN (or EIN) will not be stored by Tradesy. It will be encrypted and verified by our payment processor, Stripe."

Reactions: GemsBerry