Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Just updating, I spoke to a Tradesy supervisor last night and the "domestic distribution center" they are having you ship to is none other than Pitney Bowes, locted in KY. So they are now in fact forcing every one of their sellers to participate in a GSP (gullible seller program in my house). No opting out. BUT, I was told that the buyer STILL only has 4 days from the date of delivery to any US address, including KY, to file a return, so how this can possibly work will be a disaster. They are using the same disastrous system that we got saddled with at ebay. I ended all of my listings last night. NOT shipping to Pitney Bowes. They also were gullible enough to think that none of the packages sent there would be repackaged. Told me that. I asked them how a freight forwarder could forward something that could potentially be hazardous? without checking the contents? They were so silent and stunned, no answers. Obviously none of this has been thought through. Done with them.

This may be too large of a question to tackle, but what is the concern with Pitney Bowes? I know they are associated with eBay, but I don't sell there, so I don't know what they do and what the risks are. I googled it, and found out that they are a shipping company, but I have only ever sold person-to-person before, mostly on Tradesy, so the idea is new to me. Thanks for any info!

Just updating, I spoke to a Tradesy supervisor last night and the "domestic distribution center" they are having you ship to is none other than Pitney Bowes, locted in KY. So they are now in fact forcing every one of their sellers to participate in a GSP (gullible seller program in my house). No opting out. BUT, I was told that the buyer STILL only has 4 days from the date of delivery to any US address, including KY, to file a return, so how this can possibly work will be a disaster. They are using the same disastrous system that we got saddled with at ebay. I ended all of my listings last night. NOT shipping to Pitney Bowes. They also were gullible enough to think that none of the packages sent there would be repackaged. Told me that. I asked them how a freight forwarder could forward something that could potentially be hazardous? without checking the contents? They were so silent and stunned, no answers. Obviously none of this has been thought through. Done with them.
I think your reaction was a bit drastic. You don't have to sell to these buyers. Either don't confirm the sale or cancel it if you can't see the address before you confirm.

This may be too large of a question to tackle, but what is the concern with Pitney Bowes? I know they are associated with eBay, but I don't sell there, so I don't know what they do and what the risks are. I googled it, and found out that they are a shipping company, but I have only ever sold person-to-person before, mostly on Tradesy, so the idea is new to me. Thanks for any info!
I've used GSP as a seller on ebay many times and never had a problem. The biggest complaints are from the buyers because they charge high shipping prices and make you pay for customs upfront. If your country doesn't end up charging customs on your package or the charge ends up less, Pitney Bowes pockets it. Personally I'm not willing to take the risk to ship it myself and be responsible for a package that is going through a different postal system. With GSP, all I have to do is ship to Kentucky. Once it is delivered there, I'm protected. If it gets lost or damaged after that, that is Pitney Bowes problem. There is a chance that the buyer could claim not as described, and on ebay, some people have had to pay postage to get their item returned plus they have had to refund the fees the buyer originally paid to Pitney Bowes.

I think your reaction was a bit drastic. You don't have to sell to these buyers. Either don't confirm the sale or cancel it if you can't see the address before you confirm.

I can't remember if you can see the address before confirming or not. I do know tradesy tracks the number of sales a seller cancels and it counts against you. At some point they will not allow you to sell anymore if you exceed the threshold. I don't know what that number is.

My biggest issue with this change is that this is being forced on us. At least on eBay we have a choice whether or not to ship overseas and/or use GSP. Here we don't. We either participate or don't sell on tradesy. So I'm my case, I lose one of my selling platforms.

Here is the email reply I received when I asked if I could opt out of selling outside of the U.S. and my concern about the 4 days not starting until the purchaser actually received it:
Thank you for reaching out! As a verified seller, your earnings are held for up to 4 days (96 hours) after your item is delivered to your buyer. These funds will be visible on the Manage Payouts page as "Pending Earnings." When you ship internationally, your item gets marked as delivered when it reaches the freight forwarder. This should not affect you as a seller.

You can check your projected earnings release time by clicking on the arrow next to the item you sold, on the left-hand side of your screen. Unless your buyer requests a return for misrepresentation, your funds will be released by the time and date shown on that page.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we ensure that Tradesy remains the safest and most secure environment for fashion resale.

They skipped responding to my question on if I can opt out of selling outside of the U.S. so I am going to reply and ask yet again.

Is there something wrong with shipping to Pitney Bowes? I have personally never shipped packages to them but I know a lot of companies, including one of my previous employers, uses Pitney Bowes for regular business mailing (letters). They seem to be a big company so I'm not sure what is wrong with using them.

It sounds like for now, Tradesy will be covering everything once the package gets delivered to the distribution center, making it not much different than shipping to a regular US buyer. Yes, I agree that it may be disastrous but isn't that Tradesy's problem (for now anyways)? I think you may be overthinking this too much. As long as I receive my fund 4 days after the item gets delivered to KY, I have no problem with what Tradesy or Pitney Bowes does afterward. JMHO

Is there something wrong with shipping to Pitney Bowes? I have personally never shipped packages to them but I know a lot of companies, including one of my previous employers, uses Pitney Bowes for regular business mailing (letters). They seem to be a big company so I'm not sure what is wrong with using them.

It sounds like for now, Tradesy will be covering everything once the package gets delivered to the distribution center, making it not much different than shipping to a regular US buyer. Yes, I agree that it may be disastrous but isn't that Tradesy's problem (for now anyways)? I think you may be overthinking this too much. As long as I receive my fund 4 days after the item gets delivered to KY, I have no problem with what Tradesy or Pitney Bowes does afterward. JMHO

If this is the case, what is the point of a 21 plus delivery time hold on funds? For what reason this would happen? I know you probably don't know. I'm just making a point. My thought is the longer hold is for items shipped outside the US. And you can't choose not to do international orders.

Does anyone know what are the selling fees for Tradesy?I believe its 10% for ebay but not sure about Tradesy. I want to start selling a bunch of my clothes (mostly with tags attached) that I no longer want but trying to see which of these two websites I want to deal with

Does anyone know what are the selling fees for Tradesy?I believe its 10% for ebay but not sure about Tradesy. I want to start selling a bunch of my clothes (mostly with tags attached) that I no longer want but trying to see which of these two websites I want to deal with

It's 9%. Plus a 2.9% safe transfer fee if you want the funds transferred elsewhere instead of using to purchase something off tradesy.

If this is the case, what is the point of a 21 plus delivery time hold on funds? For what reason this would happen? I know you probably don't know. I'm just making a point. My thought is the longer hold is for items shipped outside the US. And you can't choose not to do international orders.

It's 21 days for non-verified sellers, whether the shipment is domestic or international.

And if you use Tradesy's shipping label (8.50 right now), the shipping fee is excluded from the 9%. If you use your own shipping, the shipping is included in the 9%, the same as eBay.

It's 21 days for non-verified sellers, whether the shipment is domestic or international.

Yes I realize that. Sorry I should have clarified.

I've been selling and buying on tradesy for over 18 months without one issue. Why would that not be sufficient to "verify" me? Plus my funds go to a PayPal account and I have to be verified for that account. So why do I need to jump through more hoops and need to give a bank account number to keep a 4 day hold now? I know it's their policy now but it seems to punish long time & in good standing participants.

Reactions: calflu