Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

Well I guess I'm done with Tradesy. I'm not giving them my Social or my bank account and I'm not waiting 21 days for my money. If you figure in shipping time and the 21 days. that could be a month or more depending on where the item is being shipped. Oh and if the buyer decides to return, it could be even longer. I'm sorry but that's just plain ridiculous!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
I did not give my SS#. I wouldn't. I registered my pp and one bank account when I first started because I wasn't sure if there was a benefit to one over another (of course there is not).
Did your join and get verified early? It was some simpler verification originally, which I did. then they asked me to verify again and asked for everything. they said it's third party agency that does this service for several platforms/retailers and they collect all the information now (it's not going to Tradesy).

I'm really frustrated with this company. They have tons of buyer protection but nothing to protect sellers. I sold a brand new chanel bag with tags and the buyer returned it claiming it was not as described. Well, this bag was brand new and flawless. Never worn and perfect. Tradesy has claimed that there were minor marks on the inside of the bag, but that's impossible! They are trying to send back the bag to me that is not the same condition I sent it out in. The buyer must've used the bag, switched it out, or done the damage. It was perfect!!

They sent back the bag to me, but I refused the package. Their email team is so slow and the person I'm communicating with ignores what I'm saying and just replies with the same thing, "we are sending it back as there are minor flaws". Well I'm not going to accept a bag that was damaged by the buyer.

sellers need protection too! Buyers should be rated like on eBay so you can feel safer about sending high end items.

What should I do? Any suggestions? Has this happened to anyone?

Did your join and get verified early? It was some simpler verification originally, which I did. then they asked me to verify again and asked for everything. they said it's third party agency that does this service for several platforms/retailers and they collect all the information now (it's not going to Tradesy).

I guess so. I was just checking my settings to see if I could tell when I verified and with what info, but don't see it. I don't see where it says when I joined either.

I'm really frustrated with this company. They have tons of buyer protection but nothing to protect sellers. I sold a brand new chanel bag with tags and the buyer returned it claiming it was not as described. Well, this bag was brand new and flawless. Never worn and perfect. Tradesy has claimed that there were minor marks on the inside of the bag, but that's impossible! They are trying to send back the bag to me that is not the same condition I sent it out in. The buyer must've used the bag, switched it out, or done the damage. It was perfect!!

They sent back the bag to me, but I refused the package. Their email team is so slow and the person I'm communicating with ignores what I'm saying and just replies with the same thing, "we are sending it back as there are minor flaws". Well I'm not going to accept a bag that was damaged by the buyer.

sellers need protection too! Buyers should be rated like on eBay so you can feel safer about sending high end items.

That has not happened to me. I have pictures on my listing and then I take a video just before I package up the item to send it out, including the shipping label next to the item so all can be seen. I video tape every angle of the item I am shipping so nobody can try to lie about the condition.

In other news, someone tried to say the Tiffany & Co pouches I sold them were fake. Well they told Tradesy and said they'd return and of course Tradesy held my money past the 4 days and said they were giving the buyer 10 days to ship the item back. Low and behold the buyer never shipped them back. While I was waiting, I sent [email protected] an e-mail with the video of the pouches showing new condition and pictures of tons of receipts from my Tiffany purchases so they could see that I got the pouches in a legitimate way. Even though I provided all this evidence, they forced me to wait till 10 days passed for buyer to mail it back. Had the buyer mailed it back, then they get another 5 days on top of that to "review" and make a decision. I feel like buyers can just make up reasons to try and get money instead of site credit back.

Just so you know, the site does say that if a buyer tries to cancel a sale after making the purchase and they contact you before you ship it out, you do not have to agree to cancel. Tradesy does back the seller on that saying that an offer to buy is binding and the only recourse the buyer has is to return for site credit. I had this come up recently.

Tradesy has changed a lot. Your experience was heartbreaking to read. As of right now, I can't help solve your problem, but thanks for sharing your story. I hope for a positive ending for your situation.

Oh dear. that's really frustrating. sellers need to take more and more preventive measures like others suggested - taking pictures, videos and attaching tyvek tags so the item can't be used for event for free and returned damaged for the full refund.

i only do luxury handbags and in terms of releases you often have to shop inter-country because colors are not released in every region. like the USA might get a blue X and China gets a pink X and a person in China is dying to own the blue version and they have no access except outside of their own country. a lot of women use personal shoppers but you have to pay them fees and this could help those types of buyers to locate products independent of personal shoppers and what they charge

Thank you, that makes sense, I had forgotten about that aspect!

Oh dear. that's really frustrating. sellers need to take more and more preventive measures like others suggested - taking pictures, videos and attaching tyvek tags so the item can't be used for event for free and returned damaged for the full refund.

So sorry this happened to you! I don't have any good advice, but you do have my sincere wishes that it all works out somehow. I think we are all nervous about selling these days. I used to do it for fun, carefree, but for my last two sales I purchased serial tags to attach to the bags and made videos of the bag in detail as I was boxing it up. I was still nervous until the funds cleared. It is not much fun anymore.

Just updating, I spoke to a Tradesy supervisor last night and the "domestic distribution center" they are having you ship to is none other than Pitney Bowes, locted in KY. So they are now in fact forcing every one of their sellers to participate in a GSP (gullible seller program in my house). No opting out. BUT, I was told that the buyer STILL only has 4 days from the date of delivery to any US address, including KY, to file a return, so how this can possibly work will be a disaster. They are using the same disastrous system that we got saddled with at ebay. I ended all of my listings last night. NOT shipping to Pitney Bowes. They also were gullible enough to think that none of the packages sent there would be repackaged. Told me that. I asked them how a freight forwarder could forward something that could potentially be hazardous? without checking the contents? They were so silent and stunned, no answers. Obviously none of this has been thought through. Done with them.

Reactions: SweetDaisy05
Well I guess I'm done with Tradesy. I'm not giving them my Social or my bank account and I'm not waiting 21 days for my money. If you figure in shipping time and the 21 days. that could be a month or more depending on where the item is being shipped. Oh and if the buyer decides to return, it could be even longer. I'm sorry but that's just plain ridiculous!

i feel this way as well. at least with ebay there is no SSN. there is really just no way in ... that'd i'd ever divulge my SSN to an online shop, ever. you don't even have to supply that to employers and schools anymore, so why would i give it to a place like tradesy?! i'll stay unverified:smile:

Buyers should be rated like on eBay so you can feel safer about sending high end items.
I'm not sure why you think buyers on ebay can be rated. In 2008, ebay changed the feedback policy so buyers can only get positive feedback. And if a buyer is a PITA and the seller leaves a negative comment, the feedback comment will be removed and the seller's account gets a feedback violation ding.