Anyone Ever Buy and/or Sell on Tradesy?

I can't remember if you can see the address before confirming or not. I do know tradesy tracks the number of sales a seller cancels and it counts against you. At some point they will not allow you to sell anymore if you exceed the threshold. I don't know what that number is.
For me, I doubt there will be very few, if any, foreign buyers, since I don't get many on ebay. Since my items are fairly cheap, the shipping cost becomes prohibitively high for most foreign buyers. For the member who ended all her listings, she could have just continued on, canceling any foreign transactions until she got to the point where Tradesy banned her. Since she was leaving anyway, why not?

Yes I realize that. Sorry I should have clarified.

I've been selling and buying on tradesy for over 18 months without one issue. Why would that not be sufficient to "verify" me? Plus my funds go to a PayPal account and I have to be verified for that account. So why do I need to jump through more hoops and need to give a bank account number to keep a 4 day hold now? I know it's their policy now but it seems to punish long time & in good standing participants.
I agree. I think they want all this information so it will be easier for them to come after you to get their money, if necessary. A buyer can file a credit card chargeback months after the sale, and Tradesy could be left holding the bag. They have my name and address and my Paypal account information. I'm not willing to give them any more information. I just sold a cheap, non-name brand, item. In the past, my money was released as soon as it was scanned by the post office. It has been scanned but is still pending. I'll be curious to see how long I have to wait to get my $20.

Reactions: HandbagDiva354
I agree. I think they want all this information so it will be easier for them to come after you to get their money, if necessary. A buyer can file a credit card chargeback months after the sale, and Tradesy could be left holding the bag. They have my name and address and my Paypal account information. I'm not willing to give them any more information. I just sold a cheap, non-name brand, item. In the past, my money was released as soon as it was scanned by the post office. It has been scanned but is still pending. I'll be curious to see how long I have to wait to get my $20.

So it sounds like now, no matter whether it is a brand-name item or not, non-verified sellers will have to wait up to potentially 21 days to receive their money, no matter the amount. I wonder why the hold time has been increased by such a large amount?

There must be some "important" reason for them to try so hard to now get everyone to become a verified seller. I have been selling on Tradesy for almost 3 years now with over 100 sales and zero issues for them as a seller and because I won't give them my bank account number and other too important, personal information, I'll be forced to wait it out or stop selling on Tradesy.

When selling on Tradesy and using the free shipping kit or the free printable label does this mean that shipping is free for the seller and buyer has to pay for it? sorry for this question. I'm fairly new to Tradesy and I'm trying to understand how this work before I list my first item for sale

When selling on Tradesy and using the free shipping kit or the free printable label does this mean that shipping is free for the seller and buyer has to pay for it? sorry for this question. I'm fairly new to Tradesy and I'm trying to understand how this work before I list my first item for sale
Yes, that is true. The buyer has to pay for shipping anyway, whether you use your own postage or Tradesy's unless you are willing to eat the cost. Tradesy's label usually cheaper than you could ship yourself. I don't recommend the kit. It isn't worth waiting for. The label is cheaper. You have to use your own box and packing materials but for most items, the shipping kit is just a plastic bag anyway.

For me, I doubt there will be very few, if any, foreign buyers, since I don't get many on ebay. Since my items are fairly cheap, the shipping cost becomes prohibitively high for most foreign buyers. For the member who ended all her listings, she could have just continued on, canceling any foreign transactions until she got to the point where Tradesy banned her. Since she was leaving anyway, why not?

Good point about getting banned anyway. But I'm not sure it's worth the effort. And I'm sure Tradesy wouldn't let that happen more than a few times. I had to cancel an order once because it sold on Ebay first and then on Tradesy before I could end the listing. I got a stern warning email about cancelling sales.

And I'm with you - I'm not giving them any more information.

So it sounds like now, no matter whether it is a brand-name item or not, non-verified sellers will have to wait up to potentially 21 days to receive their money, no matter the amount. I wonder why the hold time has been increased by such a large amount?

There must be some "important" reason for them to try so hard to now get everyone to become a verified seller. I have been selling on Tradesy for almost 3 years now with over 100 sales and zero issues for them as a seller and because I won't give them my bank account number and other too important, personal information, I'll be forced to wait it out or stop selling on Tradesy.

Yes, I believe it's 21 days if you aren't a verified seller. My thought is Tradesy has been burned one too many times and this is their way of protecting themselves and reducing losses.

And they do want your Social. I'm sorry but I'm not giving that. This is straight from the Tradesy site on how to get verified:

Ready to get Verified? Here's how:
  1. Go to your Manage Payouts page. Click the 'Submit ID' link beneath the 'Withdraw' button.
  2. You must have a bank account attached to your Tradesy account to get verified. If you haven't linked one yet, we'll ask you to add one before you can continue. This is required for the verification process only, as you still have the other 2 options for withdrawing your earnings: onto a debit card or into a PayPal account if you’d prefer.
  3. Once you've got a bank account linked to Tradesy, you'll be asked for some more details on your identity. The last piece of info required is your Tax ID (SSN for individuals, EIN for businesses)
  4. You're all set. If you have any trouble, contact us!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
And they do want your Social. I'm sorry but I'm not giving that. This is straight from the Tradesy site on how to get verified:

Ready to get Verified? Here's how:
  1. Go to your Manage Payouts page. Click the 'Submit ID' link beneath the 'Withdraw' button.
  2. You must have a bank account attached to your Tradesy account to get verified. If you haven't linked one yet, we'll ask you to add one before you can continue. This is required for the verification process only, as you still have the other 2 options for withdrawing your earnings: onto a debit card or into a PayPal account if you’d prefer.
  3. Once you've got a bank account linked to Tradesy, you'll be asked for some more details on your identity. The last piece of info required is your Tax ID (SSN for individuals, EIN for businesses)
  4. You're all set. If you have any trouble, contact us!

I remember being "verified" when Tradesy first started operating, they only required a bank account OR SSN. I wonder if those who have given just their accounts will also have to hand over their SSN.

Now what? I just sold item, shipped it the same day. correct tracking didn't appear in the system (no tracking at all actually). I had to chat with them and they manually put tracking #. after that I received email confirmation "you earned..." blah blah. but wait, it says funds will be available in 21 days. I'm a freaking verified seller (gave them everything except for my blood sample) and here we go 21 days!!

Now what? I just sold item, shipped it the same day. correct tracking didn't appear in the system (no tracking at all actually). I had to chat with them and they manually put tracking #. after that I received email confirmation "you earned..." blah blah. but wait, it says funds will be available in 21 days. I'm a freaking verified seller (gave them everything except for my blood sample) and here we go 21 days!!
Wow, I bet the phones are jammed with all these problems. I bet they are going to lose a lot of sellers with these changes and their inability to correct the site issues.

Reactions: SweetDaisy05