10th Anniversary Diamond and Ruby DBTY from BGD

ame

O.G.
Mar 22, 2007
DH and I bought 4 little rubies from a gem show about 8 years ago and basically held on to them til I figured out how to set them. For 8 years. I had planned originally to do a Jazz style ring, with alternating bezels. Since we all know how often I wear my rings, that seemed less and less like a really good idea, besides the fact that the diameter of these rubies indicated the band would end up around 4mm wide and that was a little wider than I was really after.

So I started thinking about other ideas. The more I saw DBTY necklaces on here, the more they appealed. I don't have anything like that (at least not with anything beyond a CZ, anyway), and I really thought that might be the best way to show off the rubies, which are almost blood red (they are NOT garnets, they really are rubies), and wear my rings and studs without "competition" for wear time.

Initially, DH thought this was a less than favorable idea. He knows I am a claustrophobic weirdo, and that I rarely wear necklaces because of it. Or anything, really. But I've been trying to wear SOMETHING more often, and I will more often in winter (in summer, forget it. Nakedness isn't even naked enough.) He also didn't find the design particularly appealing. He still thinks my studs are too small, and doesn't understand my desire for "subtle" and "discrete" studs. He thinks I should've gone larger. And I was really nervous that he'd have an issue with the necklace being somehow too discrete and feel the same way, thinking I should've used larger diamonds.

But when I opened the box and showed him, he liked it, and when I modeled it, he said it was perfect, and really pretty, doing justice to the rubies in a subtle "adult" way. Score!

So, here are quite a few photos!

Stones are 3.2mm and it's platinum.

Attachments

• amewrappedbgdbox.jpg
    amewrappedbgdbox.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 1,080
  • ameopenbgdnecklacebox.jpg
    ameopenbgdnecklacebox.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 1,079
  • amebgdnecklace.jpg
    amebgdnecklace.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • ameartsy1.jpg
    ameartsy1.jpg
    268.9 KB · Views: 1,100
  • ameartsy2.jpg
    ameartsy2.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 1,062
  • ameartsy3.jpg
    ameartsy3.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 1,112
  • ameartsy4.jpg
    ameartsy4.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 1,091
Last edited:
A few more, including some closeups of the diamonds in bezels. I had worn it for a while already so it was grungy. The stones are pretty freaking clean!

Attachments

• 2015-09-05 14.21.46.jpg
    2015-09-05 14.21.46.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 1,085
  • amenecklacewrist.jpg
    amenecklacewrist.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • amebgdcollection2.jpg
    amebgdcollection2.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 1,077
  • amebgdcollection1.jpg
    amebgdcollection1.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 1,053
  • amebezelarrows1.jpg
    amebezelarrows1.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • amebezelarrows2.jpg
    amebezelarrows2.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • amebezelarrows3.jpg
    amebezelarrows3.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • amebezelarrows4.jpg
    amebezelarrows4.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 1,070
  • amebezelarrows6.jpg
    amebezelarrows6.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • amebezelarrows5.jpg
    amebezelarrows5.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 1,066
Reactions: Diamondbrunette
And the last batch, on me.

Stones are all about 3.2mm, for reference. Roughly 15-18 pts each. The rubies are mine.

Hope you enjoyed!

Attachments

• amemodeling7.jpg
    amemodeling7.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • amemodeling2.jpg
    amemodeling2.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 1,027
  • amemodeling8.jpg
    amemodeling8.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 1,044
  • amemodeling9.jpg
    amemodeling9.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 1,060
My apologies for the heavy watermarking. Too many jerks steal photos from here and PS and represent them as their own work so I've started having to do that.

Gorgeous necklace! I have a platinum BGD DBTY necklace that I wear almost daily. I love the simplicity of it and I get many compliments. Wear it in good health.

Your necklace is lovely. I adore white metals and corundums. I understand that you are an authority here regarding diamonds, but great to see some beautiful rubies also.

Your necklace is lovely. I adore white metals and corundums. I understand that you are an authority here regarding diamonds, but great to see some beautiful rubies also.
Thank you! I am less a colored stone aficionado and definitely more diamonds.

Totally gorgeous!!! How many stones total? The rubies are such a great color. Happy anniversary!!!!
Thank you! It is a total of 9 stones. 4 rubies, 5 diamonds. All 3.2 mm stones :smile: The diamonds are F/G VS clarity signature melee and they are loupe clean (these people know me, and they know I am a clean freak.) All of those arrow shots are of different stones save for two are doubles of one stone. I went along the length ;)

beyond gorgeous!!!

Thank you! Uh, we need to do lunch, my friend.

Gorgeous! So creative! Rubies are my birthstone. I'm a fan!

Thank you!!!

I learned tonight that I have to be very careful how I throw my purse on over my head (crossbody) because it lands near my neck, which happens to be where this necklace falls. My bag is not lightweight, and this is not a heavy duty chain. So Ill have to think about that when I put my purse on so I don't snap the chain!