2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually use my old coach legacy. It was my first designer bag I ever bought. I love it because no logos on the outside, perfect crossbody if needed and side pocket for easy grab of map, etc. I should say was my go to bag. Now, not sure if it would work with the littles and we haven't flown with them all yet. For now though it's nicely stashed in her dust bag and will come out for air in a month or so for her massage (leather conditioner).

Catch up post here.

Date night - the new Transformers movie comes out tomorrow and DH being the huge fan that he is got us tickets 2 weeks ago for an advanced screening tonight. Using my Coach Legacy fuchsia and navy colorblock clutch - it's very similar in color to a transformer known as RC.
Great color combo of fuchsia and navy. So cute of you to support DH's addiction via your bag.

I'm sorry!!

I just happened to see one during my last trip to petit h and I can't get it off my mind, like the Evelyne. I really like both.

It's very discreet. I like that it's crossbody. I like the distinctiveness. The colors I saw, orange and bamboo green, were soo vibrant and stood out against the tan leather. I nearly pulled the trigger because the SA said there was more colors available in their current shipment.

But I want my Evelyne first, so I passed. Pinned it instead. Lol. But should one pop up while in London or after I acquire my Evelyne, I think I'd jump on it.

I like the mon mono neverfull just to get a customized LV. But I am not flashy and I feel the mon mono will be very flashy and attention getting in comparison to anything I own. So I'm preferring the herbag over the neverfull. Maybe I'd mon mono an SLG instead.

Googled images:
View attachment 2667149
View attachment 2667150
I really like the look of the herbag but I'm not sure I about the closure mechanics. I feel the same way about the Kelly. Love the look but not sure about the mechanics to open/close.

As usual, everything's moving FAST in this thread and I'm behind again! :biggrin:

I'm wearing my wine-colored Minnetonkas today (soooooo crazy comfy), so it seemed like a brilliant opportunity to bring out my beloved chianti Francesca. I'm not carrying a ton and this bag is huge, but she slouches so amazingly that she still looks great.
Love purple and the Francesca looks amazing.

So here's my new Anya Hindmarch Carker, took her out yesterday and I'm in love.
The color is more beige (warmer) IRL and I got her 50% off that was an awesome deal for such a well made bag.
I fall in love more and more with AH because her staff is extremely well made and luxurious but not a lot of people carry it. And even her bow logo is adorable (and logos in general are no-no for me).
The leather is gorgeous and smells delicious, love the mustard trim and cross-body strap! I can go on and on so take a look at it:
Congrats on your AH. The color is beautiful and the mustard compliments the bag so well. Congrats on such an amazing bag. Awesome score.

My new casual bag, Hayden Harnett Conrad
View attachment 2667572
View attachment 2667568
Congrats on your new HH Conrad. I am really liking everything about this bag. Nice choice.

An old photo but today I'm using my MbMJ bucket crossbody in black. It's one of my favourite bags - super easy to use, love the slip-in tab closure and appreciate that they still used a magnet inside to make sure it's closed, and very simple and sleek in the looks department. Just a simple bag that I can use for work when I do tours and need hands-free (and still looks professional), and also a very casual bag for weekends. Looking at my notes, this was my last bag purchase in 2013, prior to my Coach boxing day sale haul. It was also the first time I ordered something online, sight un-seen and I am super happy I did it for this one.
What a great bag. I really like the way the straps can adjust so it can be carried in different ways. Always a winner when a bag has versatility.

Thank you! Love the bow as well. And now my AH wallet has a big sister:biggrin:
Such pretty slg's. It'll be awesome inside your AH.

Talk about re-discovering things to love - I had mentioned before that when I got my LV Sarah, my keys made a cluster of scratches on it. Since then I've been keeping my keys in pouches. I had been trying to sell this piece for a while but with no luck, I decided to reuse it again for my keys and oh my gosh I 'm so happy it didn't sell. I completely love it. I wasn't using it before for my keys and felt it awkward somehow for other things so I wasn't loving it. Now, it's become something I will never get rid of - it also holds my lip gloss, tester sized perfume, travel rollerball, eyedrops, and my keys attach to the key ring inside. PERFECT. I was using a Fossil key holder before and it was great but didn't hold as much for little things and the opening was quite wide so I would have to be careful that those extras didn't fall out. This Coach one is completely hassle-free. Uploaded both so you can see the difference. I'll probably repurpose the Fossil one as a really mini cosmetic case, or emergency kit.
So glad you found a way to repurpose an older item in your collection. The slg's are super cute.

I'm not a fan of heavily busy bags. So a bag I see often at Bloomies has their signature print plus studs and it's multi color and multi texture. To me it's ugly because it's just a hodgepodge of everything.

Here's today's bag!
View attachment 2668955
Such a classic beauty!

I've purged quite a few bags lately. Sold nine and gifted four. I love the bags that remain. And this purging bags and carrying different bags helped me identify a gap. One that I tried to fill with The Sak bag I just bought - it's great but too casual for work.

A workhorse, easy to carry, two handles, and black. I decided to take some of my sales proceeds and invest in a piece I know I'll love. I bought the MbMJ Fran in black. I love it as much as...no - I think more than...my Chianti Francesca. It's so perfect!

I also invested in a classic wallet. I've almost bought this many times and in many colors...but black works so well in the yummy Cobble Hill leather. So I also bought the Kate Spade Lacey wallet.

I'm so excited with my new goodies. :biggrin:
Your bag and wallet was made for each other (including the color of the hardware)!

Omg, dcooney4! Great willpower! I went to the outlet mall today. I was bored; are you starting to worry? No bags to tempt me, but I walked around in some very cute sandals at Off 5th for a while. So cute and so comfy. But I left them!!! Do you think I have a fever? I did " hide" them though; if they advertise deeper discounts for the 4th, I'll probably go back. This is the bag I carried to the outlet mall MbMJ Hillier hobo in sage. This bag was such a good purchase!
View attachment 2670241
Congrats for staying strong. Such a pretty green bag!

Very pretty MBMJ bags eehlers and mimmy! Fran is on my "want" list and that green is gorgeous!

Great willpower dooney and Mimmy! We went to the outlets over the weekend too and I did not buy any bags but found really cute AGL flats in Nordstrom Rack. Bright pink :smile:

My bag today was my most unlucky bag ever. It is Liebeskind Estonia in taupe. I have used it 3 times, first time it was heavily stained by cookie crumbs, second time was smeared with butter and today it got wet in rain. Amazing but I have managed to clean it up every time and even if some discoloration is left then it isn't too obvious because of the leather. :smile: View attachment 2670266
Amazing how your Liebeskind has held up. Your bag withstood amazingly.

Took Fran out grocery shopping this afternoon. I love this bag. The black works well with casual clothes but will also look perfect dressed up with work clothes. And it is just so functional and comfortable. Loving my KS Lacey, too, the leather is so soft!
Super cute!

I use lower end crossbody bags. Last trip I used my MbMJ preppy Natasha. It was bright, but the logo was printed on the leather but you couldn't read it from afar. It had a zipper flap pocket, where I kept my wallet and passport. The main compartment was large enough to fit an umbrella, camera, and water bottle. The pocket kept maps and ticket stubs.

Now I use my Coach Madeline, no obvious logo, but because I want to go to high end shops and restaurants, I didn't want something too casual. The pocket under the flap will be used for maps and ticket stubs. Inside zipper pocket for securing my passport. My wallet will be underneath my umbrella, camera, and water bottle, but it still isn't a bag easy to open because of the structured top of the Madeline. It's boxy and when you want to open it you have to pull apart the sides so it'll stay open. Otherwise it closes again. It's hard for me to describe lol. Also, it has multiple ways to carry with the adjustable strap.

Travel bag criteria: crossbody, leather, no obvious logos, or ability to turn the bag around to hide logo. Added criteria of being able to dress up or down. Various ways to carry is a plus.

Tote of course, is the trusty large Longchamp LP. :smile: Even when stuffed full, it still fits under the seat in front of me. Worry free, water resistant.
I will have to check out some of the ones you mentioned.
Usually I use my mff coach bags - I have a matching tote and cross body, and I have a Kate spade travel wallet that holds passports, boarding asses, and touristy pamphlets. For my carry-on I use a guess satchel and as an alternative day bag. They're all pretty low-key.
Haha. I don't even know which coach bags are mff vs not mff. Yeah, I prefer low key.

I usually use my old coach legacy. It was my first designer bag I ever bought. I love it because no logos on the outside, perfect crossbody if needed and side pocket for easy grab of map, etc. I should say was my go to bag. Now, not sure if it would work with the littles and we haven't flown with them all yet. For now though it's nicely stashed in her dust bag and will come out for air in a month or so for her massage (leather conditioner).
I prefer no logos when traveling, except for Vegas. In Vegas, it's all over the top anyway.

Well June is coming to an end today. How did everyone do this month?
I ended up bring the lovely tote back . My dd needs a zipper top and as much as I love the simplicity and color it was just to big for me. I wish they made it a few inches smaller in both directions.
1 bag out, 0 bags in , 0 slgs in and 0 slgs out.

Hey guys!!! :wave: How's everyone doing?
I've been away too long... I think I have to go back and read 50+ pages just to catch up on this thread! I am in the process of moving, so things have been busy, busy, busy!

Cannot believe that June is over! Here's my June tally:
0 in
0 out

I still plan on sending some bags off to consignment, but it just didn't happen this month like I had hoped... so that is my July goal.

This week I plan to actually properly care for my bags, (was just reminded by louvigilante). The SA at Chanel recommended Cadillac leather cleaner(?) because it's what they used at the boutique to care for the display bags.

So I got some at Nordstrom, I plan to wipe down everything inside and out. Then care for the leather. And repeat for shoes, including weatherproofing my boots.

Times like these make me glad I don't have too many bags to clean. Shoes on the other hand...

As far as july goes I can't say I will do so well. I was told that I might be able to get a bag I have been wanting for a long time at a discount even though it is sold out everywhere else.
On top of that I just called the company with the clutch and told them I would pay the small difference if I could order a different style all together. The lady was a sweet heart and said yes I could. Just waiting for her confirmation email which I guess she will send once she receives the damaged one. I won't be counting that one as it is just a replacement.

As far as july goes I can't say I will do so well. I was told that I might be able to get a bag I have been wanting for a long time at a discount even though it is sold out everywhere else.
On top of that I just called the company with the clutch and told them I would pay the small difference if I could order a different style all together. The lady was a sweet heart and said yes I could. Just waiting for her confirmation email which I guess she will send once she receives the damaged one. I won't be counting that one as it is just a replacement.

That doesn't count, since you're replacing a damaged/defected item.

What will you replace it with?

I opted for a grey crossbody bag they have on sale now. The leather on the pouch was nice quality so I think just the design change will be great. I have grey vans that would match too! I was tempted to get a bright color but grey will go very well with my wardrobe. It is the one that is a similar cut and shape as the evelyn you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.