2014 resolution - shopping from my own bag and wallet collection. Any one else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, dcooney4! Great willpower! I went to the outlet mall today. I was bored; are you starting to worry? No bags to tempt me, but I walked around in some very cute sandals at Off 5th for a while. So cute and so comfy. But I left them!!! Do you think I have a fever? I did " hide" them though; if they advertise deeper discounts for the 4th, I'll probably go back. This is the bag I carried to the outlet mall MbMJ Hillier hobo in sage. This bag was such a good purchase!
View attachment 2670241

Love this bag! Such a pretty shade of green, and well...it's MbMJ which always wins big points with me. :biggrin:

Very pretty MBMJ bags eehlers and mimmy! Fran is on my "want" list and that green is gorgeous!

Great willpower dooney and Mimmy! We went to the outlets over the weekend too and I did not buy any bags but found really cute AGL flats in Nordstrom Rack. Bright pink :smile:

My bag today was my most unlucky bag ever. It is Liebeskind Estonia in taupe. I have used it 3 times, first time it was heavily stained by cookie crumbs, second time was smeared with butter and today it got wet in rain. Amazing but I have managed to clean it up every time and even if some discoloration is left then it isn't too obvious because of the leather. :smile: View attachment 2670266

Liebeskind looks like it has such thick and soft leather - similar to Linea Pelle. Does the leather make it heavy? Sounds like it's a real trooper!

Took Fran out grocery shopping this afternoon. I love this bag. The black works well with casual clothes but will also look perfect dressed up with work clothes. And it is just so functional and comfortable. Loving my KS Lacey, too, the leather is so soft!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404087202.518919.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404087202.518919.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 129
Omg, dcooney4! Great willpower! I went to the outlet mall today. I was bored; are you starting to worry? No bags to tempt me, but I walked around in some very cute sandals at Off 5th for a while. So cute and so comfy. But I left them!!! Do you think I have a fever? I did " hide" them though; if they advertise deeper discounts for the 4th, I'll probably go back. This is the bag I carried to the outlet mall MbMJ Hillier hobo in sage. This bag was such a good purchase!
View attachment 2670241

Pretty green!

Haha looks like everyone was at the outlets this weekend. Yay for not buying!

Very pretty MBMJ bags eehlers and mimmy! Fran is on my "want" list and that green is gorgeous!

Great willpower dooney and Mimmy! We went to the outlets over the weekend too and I did not buy any bags but found really cute AGL flats in Nordstrom Rack. Bright pink :smile:

My bag today was my most unlucky bag ever. It is Liebeskind Estonia in taupe. I have used it 3 times, first time it was heavily stained by cookie crumbs, second time was smeared with butter and today it got wet in rain. Amazing but I have managed to clean it up every time and even if some discoloration is left then it isn't too obvious because of the leather. :smile: View attachment 2670266

Lucky! All the AGL I find is refurbs in not so exciting colors.

Your Liebeskind bag looks very unique. I like the unique style with a good neutral color.

And despite going over randomly to a few outlet shops and Nordstrom rack these past few days, I've bought nothing but picture frames to add an Hermes and Chanel shopping bag to my shopping bag wall collage.

Quite proud of me.

Woohoo on staying strong!

Yesterday , I went out shopping and came back home only with the shorts and top I went out for. It was close ,cole haan had an adorable satchel in grey but it stayed there .

Great job on sticking to your shopping plan!

View attachment 2670241

Great job on avoiding bag and major shoe temptation!

Love the sage! Such a beautiful green!

Pink shoes are always cute! Pics! Love the Estonia! So impressed that it has survived such calamities so well!

Took Fran out grocery shopping this afternoon. I love this bag. The black works well with casual clothes but will also look perfect dressed up with work clothes. And it is just so functional and comfortable. Loving my KS Lacey, too, the leather is so soft!

Beautiful!

For me, this was not a particularly good month, but it has not been all that bad either. One bag sold (my last BV) and one bag coming in (Kate Spade Nylon Maryanne [actually hasn't gotten to me yet]). I have a few things listed for sale, but sales have been really slow for me lately. But, hopefully things will turn around in July. I have requested direct purchase offers from an online site on my RMs and, while I doubt that they will accept all of them (some are not in the best condition), hopefully they will take at least some of them.

Today I carried one of my old travel vacation bags. A Nine West cross body. I use it when vacationing and want to be worry free and hands free. I keep thinking about getting a replacement for this bag but I haven't seen anything that fits the bill. It's a perfect size and holds everything while keeping a small size. The exterior pocket can fit my phone. Depending where I am traveling, I don't like to bring attention to myself so I prefer a simple non descript bag.

Do you have bags that you generally use for traveling or do you just use whatever hits your fancy?ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404100108.479800.jpg

I use lower end crossbody bags. Last trip I used my MbMJ preppy Natasha. It was bright, but the logo was printed on the leather but you couldn't read it from afar. It had a zipper flap pocket, where I kept my wallet and passport. The main compartment was large enough to fit an umbrella, camera, and water bottle. The pocket kept maps and ticket stubs.

Now I use my Coach Madeline, no obvious logo, but because I want to go to high end shops and restaurants, I didn't want something too casual. The pocket under the flap will be used for maps and ticket stubs. Inside zipper pocket for securing my passport. My wallet will be underneath my umbrella, camera, and water bottle, but it still isn't a bag easy to open because of the structured top of the Madeline. It's boxy and when you want to open it you have to pull apart the sides so it'll stay open. Otherwise it closes again. It's hard for me to describe lol. Also, it has multiple ways to carry with the adjustable strap.

Travel bag criteria: crossbody, leather, no obvious logos, or ability to turn the bag around to hide logo. Added criteria of being able to dress up or down. Various ways to carry is a plus.

Tote of course, is the trusty large Longchamp LP. :smile: Even when stuffed full, it still fits under the seat in front of me. Worry free, water resistant.

Yesterday , I went out shopping and came back home only with the shorts and top I went out for. It was close ,cole haan had an adorable satchel in grey but it stayed there .

View attachment 2670241
Great will power guys!! I'm going to the outlets on tuesday :smile: nt looking for bags, but looking for items to enhance my wardrobe so I can let go of a few more items (sounds contradicting, I know haha). Great bag, mimmy!

Wow, that bag looks great for what it's been through.i never would have guessed. Love the color.

Today I carried one of my old travel vacation bags. A Nine West cross body. I use it when vacationing and want to be worry free and hands free. I keep thinking about getting a replacement for this bag but I haven't seen anything that fits the bill. It's a perfect size and holds everything while keeping a small size. The exterior pocket can fit my phone. Depending where I am traveling, I don't like to bring attention to myself so I prefer a simple non descript bag.

Do you have bags that you generally use for traveling or do you just use whatever hits your fancy?View attachment 2670562
Usually I use my mff coach bags - I have a matching tote and cross body, and I have a Kate spade travel wallet that holds passports, boarding asses, and touristy pamphlets. For my carry-on I use a guess satchel and as an alternative day bag. They're all pretty low-key.

Status
Not open for further replies.