To change one's mind: the woman who believed she knew what she wanted

I LOVED reading this story, TT...isn't it funny how some things are just meant to be? It's fate!

I LOVE your clutch, and I'm glad you got the one that stopped your heart when you saw her!!

TT, you won't be surprised to hear that I made three calls to boutiques trying to find a Maharana, and could only find the Black Chamonix. I prefer shiny box calf to matte chamonix, so I'm hoping to find it in box calf at some point.

TT, I just loved reading this story! (You tell it so well.) And that is an absolutely stunning stunning clutch. So you see, some things are just meant to be I guess. Do you think it's like that saying about men: you find the right one when you're not looking? (I suppose the only difference is that with an Hermes bag there's very little guesswork about the future -- you're pretty much ensured a lifetime of satisfaction with this baby! :P )

God, that is such an elegant bag. Love those lines!

And it's funny how, as you say, we often think we know what we want but it's often the case that some Higher Power knows better. ;) I needed a clutch too, but had my heart set on the Kelly Longue, but the first time I held a kelly mini (JPG kelly), I was in love! (I tried the KL afterwards, but alas... the chemistry just wasn't there.)

Congratulations on your new baby! Wear her well and in good health! :smile:

Oh! Gina! As you said there's very little guesswork with H, so....don't expect me to change my mind about men. Well, at least until I happen to bump into one who offers all what H bags offer (including smoothness please, all men be warned!). And as I don't see many probabilities that this happens in a fashionlytiming...(especially smoothness)...let's just stick to Hermès, it's safer.
A hugh to gina ;)

TT, you won't be surprised to hear that I made three calls to boutiques trying to find a Maharana, and could only find the Black Chamonix. I prefer shiny box calf to matte chamonix, so I'm hoping to find it in box calf at some point.

Awww! I'm not surprised, I know how hard it is! The other one that was in the shop also was a black chamonix with black stiching, so I'm afraid I won't help...I really wish you good luck in your search :yes:. Let us know if you ever find one.

Thanks so much for that wonderful story, trama. The clutch is really gorgeous! And I think perhaps you've taught a few of us something about being rash to judge when we might leave out the perfect option.

Oh! Gina! As you said there's very little guesswork with H, so....don't expect me to change my mind about men. Well, at least until I happen to bump into one who offers all what H bags offer (including smoothness please, all men be warned!). And as I don't see many probabilities that this happens in a fashionlytiming...(especially smoothness)...let's just stick to Hermès, it's safer.
A hugh to gina
wink.gif

I am with you 100,000% TT! In real life, there are far far too many Box Calf guys out there who, after a while, you realize are just (or not even) Epsom or some kind of Damaged Courchevel. Stick to Hermes indeed! At least that way, you'll always like what's in the box! ;)

(Cynical? Moi? Nevair!!) :P

[edit] Actually, the more I think about it, the more the modern singles scene seems like a harrowing ebay marketplace of used birkins where the goods are 85% of the time priced higher than they're worth and come with loads of hidden scratches and unsavory waterspots.

Absolutely gorgeous, TT!

You couldn't be presented with a better situation, to be able to compare BOTH the black and this lovely piece side by side, and take this one home!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you everybody for your nice words, I am really touched to see how many of you understand how I feel, you make me even happier!

Thank you liberté, hi heels, sus, tods123, an hermeslover, orchids, millstream, rockerchic, cherry on cake, quinn's mom, greentea, m butterfly, katel, twinkletink, gazoo, morganng, h addict, clinkenwar, kallie girl, gina b, gga, rose, cobaltblu, isus, grands fonds, frenchiefan, harleynemma, icechick, xquisite, fleur de lys.

I am with you 100,000% TT! In real life, there are far far too many Box Calf guys out there who, after a while, you realize are just (or not even) Epsom or some kind of Damaged Courchevel. Stick to Hermes indeed! At least that way, you'll always like what's in the box! ;)

(Cynical? Moi? Nevair!!) :P

[edit] Actually, the more I think about it, the more the modern singles scene seems like a harrowing ebay marketplace of used birkins where the goods are 85% of the time priced higher than they're worth and come with loads of hidden scratches and unsavory waterspots.

Box calf and epsom guys!!!!:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao: I loved that one!!! Nevair!!!:roflmfao: