To change one's mind: the woman who believed she knew what she wanted

This is amazing and beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE the description of how it went down. Love that you loved the clutch. It is a beautiful piece and deserves the adoration you are giving it!

WELL DONE!!!! A stunning piece!

Words just fail me for her beauty!! She is absolutely gorgeous.
Can I ask 1) what you can fit inside, 2) size and 3) price. I am thinking that I must have one.
Would love to see a modeling picture.

1) What fits inside:
Sunday I put inside: lipstick, mascara, concealer (but they are all quite small), small phone, 10 business cards, Bastia coin purse, home keys (but small again), ID and driver's licence. I then also put my medium flat digital camera, and it did fit, but I was afraid it was a bit too stuffed, thank god it just lasted a couple of hours, and I don't know if I will do it again (too afraid baby looses its shape).

I tried to take pictures now of what fits inside, and of the edge of the clutch so that you can see how deep it is, but unfortunately my camera's batteries are completely dead, and it takes about three hours to charge them, so I'm sorry...next time.

2) Size:
It's 35cm long (13.7 inches), 15cm large (6 inches), and 2cm deep (0.8 inches) at the top of the clutch where the flap folds. The depth decreases and becomes just nothing at the very bottom of the clutch. Again, I'd better take pictures of the edges to show what I mean, I'll do it when my camera goes back to life.

3) Price:
I paid for it 2530 euros :sweatdrop: . I live in Europe, so consider it's going to be more than that outside Europe.

Let's face it, it's more or less half a birkin, but for my personal tastes and needs it's worth it (it's a small purse, but still, I think it's very versatile for both shape size look and color, and I think the style will age very well).

And sus, again, sorry but you'll have to wait for the modeling pics

oooo fun story. you've got beautiful hands, by the way, trama turgo!
i guess we have to admit, that our list of preferences aside, hermes really knows what they're doing. LOL
GORGEOUS CLUTCH!!!

Thanks hi heels for the hands, I really appreciate it, and I think I should make an effort to make them as good looking as they used to be a while ago. I've been using them a bit too much lately!

Woha, that's one sexy clutch. And you did a GREAT job on the photos!

I am like you, never liked rouge H much. But this clutch is something else. That just proves that never say never is always wise.

Yes tods, from now on I promise: never say never ( okay, except for epsom leather maybe... :rolleyes:)

TT, I just loved reading this story! (You tell it so well.) And that is an absolutely stunning stunning clutch. So you see, some things are just meant to be I guess. Do you think it's like that saying about men: you find the right one when you're not looking? (I suppose the only difference is that with an Hermes bag there's very little guesswork about the future -- you're pretty much ensured a lifetime of satisfaction with this baby! :P )

God, that is such an elegant bag. Love those lines!

And it's funny how, as you say, we often think we know what we want but it's often the case that some Higher Power knows better. ;) I needed a clutch too, but had my heart set on the Kelly Longue, but the first time I held a kelly mini (JPG kelly), I was in love! (I tried the KL afterwards, but alas... the chemistry just wasn't there.)

Congratulations on your new baby! Wear her well and in good health! :smile:

Great post, TT. I'm in love with the Maharana clutch, too, and nearly bought a black chamonix with black stitching. What held me back was the hope of finding it in box calf.

Millstream, when I bought it my store manager said that from now on, it's being discontinued.
These are news from the febuary podium.

Which means it's not going to be available in the regular Podium orders anymore, and the only way to have one will be to place a special order (just like you can do for any discontinued style), and wait (probably about two years).

Another option is trying to find one that's left in some stores, but that won't happen every day.
As a matter of fact the shops ordered very few of them in the past. This is why I was almost in shock to see not one but two in my local H shop.
From what I have understood they were both orders that have been turned down because they took a long long time to come in, and when they called the clients, they said too much time had gone by, and that they weren't interested in buying them anymore.
We don't mind these behaviours, don't we?:nuts: :nuts:

That is beautiful, so sexy, that is definitely the word for it. Trama, I loved your story, when I started reading it I did not see the pics. When I scrolled down and saw them, I had to smile. I guess we must all take a lesson away from this--LOOK IN THE BOX!!! No matter what!

The stitching on the closure is just exquisite, as you described. I love this clutch. Thank you so much for sharing, TT.

TT - this is one gorgeous clutch! Congratulations! But I especially love your story and the hope you convey that even the Hermes things we think are awful in our heads may be more than glorious when we meet them irl!

Mea culpa.

And does that happen to mean that we have more possibilities to find bags that we like than what we thought?:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: