Will SAs from Chanel store know the purse's authenticity when you send it for repair?

Enough ladies we are taking over somebody elses thread let me clearify one last thing,,the photos i provided was what the seller had sent me,,however due to the fact that I had already returned the bag and no-longer have it in my posession with NO PROOF i cannot say that it was the exact bag that was sent to me,,I DO NOT REMEMBER if the SERIAL number is even the same. SORRY I HAD MADE too many confusion on here! Please just end the thread!

Unbelievable.. Ivyle, you saw everyone trying to figure out what is wrong with the bag in the pictures and said nothing. Note everyone that ivyle first claimed it was the same bag same serial number (page 5). After we figured out the many inconsistencies in her story, now she finally admitted that it 'may' be a different bag and cannot remember if it was the same serial number.

This thread did absolutely nothing but stir up unnecessary confusion.

I think we can learn from here that we should not quickly jump in to trust every story especially ones without proper facts and evidence set straight.

I will also say that those of you who made the comments about the authenticators were way out of line. Some of the tPF authenticators are professional authenticators from Etinceler who volunteer their time. For sure to be such reputable third party authenticators, it involves lots of research and study, experience in handling authentic Chanel.

I certainly understand privacy, however, there sure is a BIG difference between protecting own privacy, and giving false details that may potentially mislead people, and not being upfront about it.

I think some don't realize how potentially harmful this can be instead of helping. Authenticity is a very serious topic. The pictures posted were not even of the actual bag, so who knows which bag that is, or if those pictures could come from different bags, some even may be detailed pics of an authentic bag. It had people scared and confused as you all can see. Ivyle was posting throughout the thread but didn't clarify this very important info until the end.

I don't know about you but if I wanted a fair opinion about a bag I wouldn't lie about details. Yes saying eBay may create a bias, but wouldn't it be the same case for saying it came from Chanel or NM? Negative bias or positive bias, is bias. The wrong info here not harming people is not exactly right either because so many members read through posts for reference.. saying the bag came from NM would imply that authenticity is not the issue.

And you said 'ivyle only receives criticism for her consistence of honesty'.. ? Please read the whole thread again..

I didn't mean to argue further, and I don't wish to really, just that some points above need to be said.

THIS is the reason I would not provide my opinion about authenticity of the black bag that Ivyle posted pictures of. Her story was just not adding up, and now we know she was completely untruthful. Likely what happened in her case was bait and switch.

Reactions: PetiteAsian
If this was the bag that Cyanara was talking about then her statements about the volunteer authenticator in question are unfair and completely false. As I understand the thread the OP never sent the vintage bag into Chanel for repair. Most people in that thread agree the bag is authentic and that the sales associate at the Australian boutique didn't know what she was talking about.

Are you saying that tpf authenticators will never be wrong? It's the word of a Chanel staff who has seen the bag in person over a bunch of people who had never seen the bag in real life no?

honestly if people distrust Chanel so much and put so much faith in a bunch of online strangers who self proclaim themselves experts why buy from Chanel at all right just buy online!

A bunch of people who have never seen touch or feel the bag agrees the sa is an idiot and that's the gospel truth? Ok whatever floats your boat.

Are you saying that tpf authenticators will never be wrong? It's the word of a Chanel staff who has seen the bag in person over a bunch of people who had never seen the bag in real life no?

honestly if people distrust Chanel so much and put so much faith in a bunch of online strangers who self proclaim themselves experts why buy from Chanel at all right just buy online!

A bunch of people who have never seen touch or feel the bag agrees the sa is an idiot and that's the gospel truth? Ok whatever floats your boat.

Of course not. But to make blanket statements "authenticators have been wrong in the past" and then not back it up with support is unfair, don't you agree? Then it turns out that your statement wasn't true because the bag you were referring to was never found to be fake by Chanel.

By the way, most Chanel sales associates have zero experience with vintage bags.

Of course not. But to make blanket statements "authenticators have been wrong in the past" and then not back it up with support is unfair, don't you agree? Then it turns out that your statement wasn't true because the bag you were referring to was never found to be fake by Chanel.

By the way, most Chanel sales associates have zero experience with vintage bags.

It wasn't found to be real either. So till Chanel says it is, I have no reason to believe.

Cyanara, really, think about it. The job of an SA isn't to authenticate, it's to sell. That doesn't mean you won't run into the odd SA who has years of experience handling/owning different bags over the years (and years and years, etc.), scrutinizing the most minor details, but I think that would be rare. I doubt such a personality would be successful in sales, but that's another topic.

The SAs I've worked with over the years were great at tracking down bags. They didn't have too much knowledge when it came to bags that predated their tenure. Small sample size, I admit, but what do you know of the SA in Australia? How long had she been working for the boutique, was she even out of diapers when that tote was made? How many various bags had she put her hands or eyes on to make a determination? You don't know, but the odds are, not many in comparison to the vast inventory of different bags over the years.

The ladies on the thread here are amazingly accurate.

Ok now.

Our Authenticators don't claim to provide the "gospel truth" - hence the very upfront standard disclaimer that they don't guarantee anything. Their validation is an important aspect - of many - in the purchase of a genuine bag.

Even having said that, the authenticaors have yet to be proven wrong, which not only makes their track record pretty dern impeccable, but also makes your posts inflammatory and antagonistic.... And largely unwelcomed by the majority of tPF who greatly appreciate their service.

Ok now.

Our Authenticators don't claim to provide the "gospel truth" - hence the very upfront standard disclaimer that they don't guarantee anything. Their validation is an important aspect - of many - in the purchase of a genuine bag.

Even having said that, the authenticaors have yet to be proven wrong, which not only makes their track record pretty dern impeccable, but also makes your posts inflammatory and antagonistic.... And largely unwelcomed by the majority of tPF who greatly appreciate their service.

It's totally ok. I base my judgement on what I deem reliable. No one has to agree with me. My question of what makes tPfers authenticators reliable hasn't been answered and went ignored. It was an honest question and til date no answer?

It wasn't found to be real either. So till Chanel says it is, I have no reason to believe.

Here is a quote taken form the OP of the vintage tote thread explaining the criteria the SA used to reject the bag.

"I walked into Chanel super excited to get it all cleaned and fixed being my first Chanel and all... only to have the lady there tell me i need a receipt to get it done (i'm in Australia btw). I had bought the authenticity card and booklet with me and the lady said that Chanel never came out with that booklet and the edge of the authenticity card was rough and uneven so she doubted its authenticity."

Cyanara, come on, you really accept this kind of reasoning? Especially when we all know that this is the booklet that would have accompanied that tote.

It's totally ok. I base my judgement on what I deem reliable. No one has to agree with me. My question of what makes tPfers authenticators reliable hasn't been answered and went ignored. It was an honest question and til date no answer?

The flawless or very near flawless track record doesn't qualify as reliable for you?

Here is a quote taken form the OP of the vintage tote thread explaining the criteria the SA used to reject the bag.

"I walked into Chanel super excited to get it all cleaned and fixed being my first Chanel and all... only to have the lady there tell me i need a receipt to get it done (i'm in Australia btw). I had bought the authenticity card and booklet with me and the lady said that Chanel never came out with that booklet and the edge of the authenticity card was rough and uneven so she doubted its authenticity."

Cyanara, come on, you really accept this kind of reasoning? Especially when we all know that this is the booklet that would have accompanied that tote.

So that booklet is without doubt real because? Maybe I'm a super skeptic but if bags can be faked what more a booklet?

So every bag authenticated by them as real was verified as real by Chanel? Again another honest question.

Of course not! But there have been thousands of bags authenticated, with a good number of them being vintage and sent in for Chanel refurbishing - so of the sampling, yes, nearly flawless.

Even large-scale organizations measure quality by reviewing a sample size of their products/services, because it's considered to be a highly dependable indicator to quality/accuracy as a whole. Never 100% of everything. It's no different here, and the tPF authenticator sample has been proven accurate.