Will SAs from Chanel store know the purse's authenticity when you send it for repair?

Hi Chanbal :smile: I haven't gotten it back yet so I don't know about the results. But I sent it in to be repaired. It had a lining made from a synthetic material and it was peeling. She told me they know this is happening to bags that had it so they are repairing it for free and relining it. Also I'm having the outside redyed since it was old. The charge for that is 110. I'm excited since it was a beautiful lipstick red :biggrin:

Thanks LadyEnoki. I was told that it takes 3 months to refurbish a bag at Chanel. I think the bag will look great, please keep us posted! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Chanbal said:
Thanks LadyEnoki. I was told that it takes 3 months to refurbish a bag at Chanel. I think the bag will look great, please keep us posted! :biggrin:

Thank you :smile: yes I sent it in in June so any day now I should be getting it. :biggrin: I didn't take a photo of the hologram which is dumb of me :sad: I was in such a rush to get it over to refurbishment so I wouldn't bond with it and miss it severely lol. I hope it'll come with paperwork or a dust bag or something. I wonder if anyone else has experience with that?

I just wanted to share my repair experience:
I purchased an 11A burgundy/ dark red half moon WOC from Neiman Marcus last July. Since it was a fall color, I waited months to carry it. I had only used it one or two other occasions, and to my horror, on December 23, while out Christmas shopping, at night, I felt something "strange" down near my feet. I looked down only to find my bag containing several thousand dollars in cash, as well as my medicines on the parking lot pavement!! Apparently the ring connecting the chain to the bag was faulty and had come apart. I was horrified and really upset by the crappy craftsmanship. (bag was not even close to being heavy or stressed)
I ended up at Neimans later that night and showed the SA who told me that they would have to send it in and that it would take 12-16 weeks for the repair as they were extremely backed up with repairs and related services. I was pretty miffed: this meant that i would have to kiss this bag goodbye for my enjoyment for the rest of the season until this fall. She suggested carrying the broken bag as a clutch. Ummm yeah, I think not...this was a new bag! as well as the fact that my belongings were still in the bag, so I took it home and put it in its box in my closet until march.
When I took it back in march, I brought my receipt and auth cards even the felts... All the SA wanted was my receipt. This guy had the audacity to act like I "lost" the connector ring... I was NOT going to crawl around a parking lot in pitch dark searching for a tiny metal loop that should not have been on the ground in the first place! I was told this time that the repair would take 6-8 weeks. It was sent off just the bag itself, and it came back repaired a little shy of 2 months later. I was not charged for the repair, but I felt rather cheated that I was unable to enjoy said bag during the fashion season that it was intended for.
My vast shopping history and excellent customer relations that I enjoy DOES not include the Neimans in Austin, TX... I moved closer to the Austin store in November, whereas my primary shopping was done in San Antonio, but I have done my fair share in Austin too, yet that store has ALWAYS seemed to be lacking in many areas... I know for a fact levels of service varies by location Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience, and frustration... But the bag is fine now, should have been done right the first time, however, it is very common for Chanel to take 8-12 weeks on send away services these days. I was never contacted by anyone until the bag was ready for me to pick up.

queenofshopping said:
I purchased an 11A burgundy/ dark red half moon WOC from Neiman Marcus last July. Since it was a fall color, I waited months to carry it. I had only used it one or two other occasions, and to my horror, on December 23, while out Christmas shopping, at night, I felt something "strange" down near my feet. I looked down only to find my bag containing several thousand dollars in cash, as well as my medicines on the parking lot pavement!! Apparently the ring connecting the chain to the bag was faulty and had come apart. I was horrified and really upset by the crappy craftsmanship. (bag was not even close to being heavy or stressed)
I ended up at Neimans later that night and showed the SA who told me that they would have to send it in and that it would take 12-16 weeks for the repair as they were extremely backed up with repairs and related services. I was pretty miffed: this meant that i would have to kiss this bag goodbye for my enjoyment for the rest of the season until this fall. She suggested carrying the broken bag as a clutch. Ummm yeah, I think not...this was a new bag! as well as the fact that my belongings were still in the bag, so I took it home and put it in its box in my closet until march.
When I took it back in march, I brought my receipt and auth cards even the felts... All the SA wanted was my receipt. This guy had the audacity to act like I "lost" the connector ring... I was NOT going to crawl around a parking lot in pitch dark searching for a tiny metal loop that should not have been on the ground in the first place! I was told this time that the repair would take 6-8 weeks. It was sent off just the bag itself, and it came back repaired a little shy of 2 months later. I was not charged for the repair, but I felt rather cheated that I was unable to enjoy said bag during the fashion season that it was intended for.
My vast shopping history and excellent customer relations that I enjoy DOES not include the Neimans in Austin, TX... I moved closer to the Austin store in November, whereas my primary shopping was done in San Antonio, but I have done my fair share in Austin too, yet that store has ALWAYS seemed to be lacking in many areas... I know for a fact levels of service varies by location Anyway, I just wanted to share my experience, and frustration... But the bag is fine now, should have been done right the first time, however, it is very common for Chanel to take 8-12 weeks on send away services these days. I was never contacted by anyone until the bag was ready for me to pick up.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear it was repaired to your satisfaction even though it was very frustrating to go through. I haven't been contacted by anyone either and assume I won't be till its ready for pick up. I hope the repairs stand the test of time!

I would like to apologise for hijacking this thread as well. I will address previous posts addressed to me via pm. If anyone has issues with anything else I post on this thread please pm me. I will not make further replies to this thread. Any post addressed to me after this entry I will reply via pm.

LadyEnoki said:
I will for sure :smile: I'm really excited and also that I would have a record of it at Chanel so no one can question its authenticity in the future should I choose to sell it. It didn't come with the authenticity card and I'm worried that relining would eliminate the hologram. So I'll have proof and that's still reassuring :smile:

Btw what did you send your bag in for? Is it just being cleaned?

I sent it for cleaning and replacement of turnlock knob because there was discoloration already, it was probably scratched before. Yeah, even if you didnt have the auth card, atleast you have proof that it was sent to the Chanel boutique and have a record of it that should be good enough reason to say it is authentic, just keep the receipt of repair should you decide to resell it for proof.

I had turned in my Pink lambskin Jumbo for leather refinishment. The SA did not ask for the receipt or authentic card. They just take a look of the bag then get my information down. I have to wait at least 12 weeks for it to come back home. They have re-dyed the bag and it came out fine but the leather is not as tender as before. I was happy about this experience and I had just turn in my White caviar jumbo a while ago. I think certain experienced SA could tell the bag is authentic or not since they've been working there for so long. ;)

I had turned in my Pink lambskin Jumbo for leather refinishment. The SA did not ask for the receipt or authentic card. They just take a look of the bag then get my information down. I have to wait at least 12 weeks for it to come back home. They have re-dyed the bag and it came out fine but the leather is not as tender as before. I was happy about this experience and I had just turn in my White caviar jumbo a while ago. I think certain experienced SA could tell the bag is authentic or not since they've been working there for so long. ;)

Would love to know how your white jumbo looks when it is finished. I really want a white jumbo but have concerns about color transfer or yellowing.

Would love to know how your white jumbo looks when it is finished. I really want a white jumbo but have concerns about color transfer or yellowing.
I turned my white jumbo because it turned yellowish. I wish it will come out alright. :thinking: The SA said White is the hardest for Chanel to do leather refinishment. I think this is my only and last piece in white color.

annechinky said:
I sent it for cleaning and replacement of turnlock knob because there was discoloration already, it was probably scratched before. Yeah, even if you didnt have the auth card, atleast you have proof that it was sent to the Chanel boutique and have a record of it that should be good enough reason to say it is authentic, just keep the receipt of repair should you decide to resell it for proof.

Aw discoloration already?? That's awful. Hope it's finally perfect :smile:

Reactions: LexLV
I ended up at Neimans later that night and showed the SA who told me that they would have to send it in and that it would take 12-16 weeks for the repair as they were extremely backed up with repairs and related services. .

Thanks for sharing, and I'm sorry that you couldn't use the bag for such a long time. I recently learned that bags left at Chanel/SAKS (not sure if it is the same at Neimans) may need to wait in the store for several weeks before being sent to the Service Center. They have to collect a certain number of repairs, since they don't ship only one bag:nogood:.

Ladies also remember to remove your authenticity cards from the bag and the dustbag too. You should keep them with you. I remember hearing that Chanel repair has lostthem.

They should need nothing but the bag from you, no reciept, no cards, just the bag. GL. It is almost 10 weeks and I am still waiting for mine. :smile:

LadyEnoki said:
Aw discoloration already?? That's awful. Hope it's finally perfect :smile:

Yup. I think the previous owner scratched it because the same discoloration happened to me when I scratched my m/l flap before and had to return to Saks for replacement. I am missing my Maxi...wish she'll come home early :smile: