Will SAs from Chanel store know the purse's authenticity when you send it for repair?

Because I have great respect for them, their free authenticating service, and their vast knowledge about Chanel, that they share to all of us here. xxxx

Awesome you love them so much. But its nothing to do with whether I can question them or not and you know it. Anyway I have nothing more to add. Tata and good luck to all online buyers of Chanel.

I was told by my SA that they would go after the counterfeit seller. However corporate now is having all the associates add the serial ID numbers of whatever you are purchasing attached to your name in the system should anyone else in the future happen to bring it in. I wasn't really sure what she meant by it but its to cut down fraud and go after people. Not too clear on this so don't quote me. I'll ask her again later.

Wow I'm so glad you found your way to the thread cause that bag that ivyle posted looks really real to me however the letter she got from chanel does not state which bag it is (anyone have seen a letter likes this? Or is it the first time?)

Could you please post your own clear photos of the bag? Since the ones that ivyle posted were from the seller.

And if you get it authenticated from other sources please let us know.

Enough ladies we are taking over somebody elses thread let me clearify one last thing,,the photos i provided was what the seller had sent me,,however due to the fact that I had already returned the bag and no-longer have it in my posession with NO PROOF i cannot say that it was the exact bag that was sent to me,,I DO NOT REMEMBER if the SERIAL number is even the same. SORRY I HAD MADE too many confusion on here! Please just end the thread!

Unbelievable.. Ivyle, you saw everyone trying to figure out what is wrong with the bag in the pictures and said nothing. Note everyone that ivyle first claimed it was the same bag same serial number (page 5). After we figured out the many inconsistencies in her story, now she finally admitted that it 'may' be a different bag and cannot remember if it was the same serial number.

This thread did absolutely nothing but stir up unnecessary confusion.

I think we can learn from here that we should not quickly jump in to trust every story especially ones without proper facts and evidence set straight.

I will also say that those of you who made the comments about the authenticators were way out of line. Some of the tPF authenticators are professional authenticators from Etinceler who volunteer their time. For sure to be such reputable third party authenticators, it involves lots of research and study, experience in handling authentic Chanel.

Last edited:
I remember one time here on the purse forum someone posted a bag that was repaired by Chanel that was fake , that was long ago.
but for them refusing to repair an authentic bag that was something happened to a close friend of mine that bought her classic flap from Chanel Dubai ,and when she was here she nedded to replace the lock or the chain i can't remember , and she sent it to Chanel here in the US and they examined it at the boutique and accepted it as an authentic Chanel , but after a month she got her bag back with the same exact letter! same words!
that they nedded a proof of authenticity , and she was luck that she has her eceipt and all info needed , and sent it back with the receipt and it was repaired! but with no letter,only the repair receipt.

Thanks for sharing such important information regarding how chanel issued letter to your friend to conclude a bag is not authentic unless proof of receipt is available.
It's like people working in chanel who issues such kind of letter are not capable enough on how to authenticate their own brand bag without viewing oringal purchase receipts. I am not surprise if they have repaired fakes by mistake. I feel such letter is litttle silly and irresponsilbe which can truly cause huge troubles for buyers who sent authentic bags for repairing and original receipt has been misplaced.

I don't want to argue with you ! and this is why i hate to comment on anything here , because there is always someone will pop and say something !i was only sharing a true story that happened here on the purse forum. it was like 2 years ago.
end of story...

Dont be upset, when talking about the truth, there's always someone can be really annoying..., I believe what you share is far more valuable than keeping silent , people like me will always apprecatie for true story, repairing fake is against chanel policy doesn't guarantee Chanel staff never breaches their policy.

Unbelievable.. Ivyle, you saw everyone trying to figure out what is wrong with the bag in the pictures and said nothing. Note everyone that ivyle first claimed it was the same bag same serial number (page 5). After we figured out the many inconsistencies in her story, now she finally admitted that it 'may' be a different bag and cannot remember if it was the same serial number.

I think we can learn from here that we should never jump in to trust any story especially ones without proper facts and evidence set straight.

I will also say that those of you who made the comments about the authenticators were way out of line. Some of the tPF authenticators are professional authenticators from Etinceler who volunteer their time. For sure to be such reputable third party authenticators, it involves lots of research and study, experience in handling authentic Chanel.

Please note Ivyle's initial purpose is to give us some warning on her ebay chanel purchase and repairing. She didn't mean to disclose that much at the beginning and other people kept asking her for more details, she provided photos from sellers that she assumed should be matching the bag that she received. Normally, buyer should exame the bag to match description immedately after they receive it from seller, if there's any doubt, to lodge paypal dispute for refund straightway. Not sure if Ivyle has done this. However, this is not our business. Please dont simply blame Ivyle for not giving precise details. She doesn't owe anyone here anything, what she said is just a reference only, if you take her words so seriously it's your own problem on trusting people without doubts. Also, Ivyle is not watching what happened in this thread 24 hours a day. Ivyle might already get hurt because someone detected that she lied in her other thread however what's the problem if she lied in her own thread which didn't hurt anyone, the reason she lied that she bought the bag from chanel boutique rather than ebay just because she wants a fair opinion and less biased judgement. People always like to judge ebay with selling fakes. Personally I like buying on ebay as well. I dont like to share my ebay purchase with others either. I sometimes lie about my ebay purchase too. I belive many of you might do the same. Ivyle has almost lost her entier privacy on TPF now and only receives criticism on her consistency of honesty. Is this the result she really expects on sharing her experince? Apparant not, I think she wont share anything similare here on TPF any more after this thread. I will never ever share mine here either, some people here are too judgemental and biased. Once again, no one likes to share with people who are offensive and arrogant. Please repect and dont expect others to be perfect if yourself are not.

Last edited:

I think we can learn from here that we should not quickly jump in to trust every story especially ones without proper facts and evidence set straight.

This.

jed_fish said:
Please note Ivyle's initial purpose is to give us some warning on her ebay chanel purchase and repairing. She didn't mean to disclose that much at the beginning and other people kept asking her for more details, she provided photos from sellers that she assumed should be matching the bag that she received. Normally, buyer should exame the bag to match description immedately after they receive it from seller, if there's any doubt, to lodge paypal dispute for refund straightway. Not sure if Ivyle has done this. However, this is not our business. Please dont simply blame Ivyle for not giving precise details. She doesn't owe anyone here anything, what she said is just a reference only, if you take her words so seriously it's your own problem on trusting people without doubts. Also, Ivyle is not watching what happened in this thread 24 hours a day. Ivyle might already get hurt because someone detected that she lied in her other thread however what's the problem if she lied in her own thread which didn't hurt anyone, the reason she lied that she bought the bag from chanel boutique rather than ebay just because she wants a fair opinion and less biased judgement. People always like to judge ebay with selling fakes. Personally I like buying on ebay as well. I dont like to share my ebay purchase with others either. I sometimes lie about my ebay purchase too. I belive many of you might do the same. Ivyle has almost lost her entier privacy on TPF now and only receives criticism on her consistency of honesty. Is this the result she really expects on sharing her experince? Apparant not, I think she wont share anything similare here on TPF any more after this thread. I will never ever share mine here either, some people here are too judgemental and biased. Once again, no one likes to share with people who are offensive and arrogant. Please repect and dont expect others to be perfect if yourself are not.

I certainly understand privacy, however, there sure is a BIG difference between protecting own privacy, and giving false details that may potentially mislead people, and not being upfront about it.

I think some don't realize how potentially harmful this can be instead of helping. Authenticity is a very serious topic. The pictures posted were not even of the actual bag, so who knows which bag that is, or if those pictures could come from different bags, some even may be detailed pics of an authentic bag. It had people scared and confused as you all can see. Ivyle was posting throughout the thread but didn't clarify this very important info until the end.

I don't know about you but if I wanted a fair opinion about a bag I wouldn't lie about details. Yes saying eBay may create a bias, but wouldn't it be the same case for saying it came from Chanel or NM? Negative bias or positive bias, is bias. The wrong info here not harming people is not exactly right either because so many members read through posts for reference.. saying the bag came from NM would imply that authenticity is not the issue.

And you said 'ivyle only receives criticism for her consistence of honesty'.. ? Please read the whole thread again..

I didn't mean to argue further, and I don't wish to really, just that some points above need to be said.

All I can say is please be ready to speak / tell the truth if you are going to participate on a public forum... And if you choose to be less than 100% forthcoming and honest with regards to your statements, it is more likely than not that you will be exposed! I am sorry, but I would never chastise someone for buying second hand, but there is NO excuse for providing FALSE information! You can remain anonymous without being deceptive!!

Tpf authentication is not foolproof. Someone else auth her Chanel here, confidently send it to Chanel for refurbishment and was told it was a fake.

Definitely. As you can see from this thread, even TPF authenticators who authenticated a bag was wrong and Chanel declared the bag to be fake. Send it directly to a Chanel boutique.

It's was some thread back. Not a jumbo. The bag was a tote if Iirc. Hers was supposedly vintage.

I don't know is there any reason why anyone should give so much credit to Chanel tpf authenticators? Based on? Having a lot of real ones? Seen a lot of real ones? Handled a lot of real ones? Ex Chanel staff or craftsmen?

Cyanara, is this the vintage tote to which you're referring? Because if so, the bag was not proven to be a fake, but rather the SA said she doubted its authenticity and wouldn't take it for cleaning unless the buyer had the receipt. This was in Australia.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/help-s-oh-first-ever-chanel-yayayayayay-but-769316.html

If this was the bag that Cyanara was talking about then her statements about the volunteer authenticator in question are unfair and completely false. As I understand the thread the OP never sent the vintage bag into Chanel for repair. Most people in that thread agree the bag is authentic and that the sales associate at the Australian boutique didn't know what she was talking about.