Bal MOTO JACKETS Pics & Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
7598365556_9fae0a3220_c.jpg

This is what the jacket looks like from the back when I wear it. They stick out & will not stay in place.
7598367132_07f92a84a7_c.jpg

The sleeves look like this when I wear them.
7598366934_096d92a753_c.jpg

This is the worst one...but they all look shabby!
7598366500_f713ee3400_c.jpg

The beige one.
7598366032_b71c950cf7_c.jpg

Things definitely need fixing!! There are also other thing that I won't even mention.
The colors of both jackets are about 5 shades lighter...I like it the way it was.

The pics are ok...but it is easier to see the damage in person.

Eilene: It's a shame that the beautiful jackets were treated like this. If i may ask, what was the leather condition/cleaner trying to accomplish? How did he treat them that causes such damage and fading? Chemicals? Rough treatment?
Do they know how much $ and love you put into them? Oh boy, sorry don't want to upset you, but it's hard to believe someone would do this. Obviously they are not an expert on this service.

Thanks tb, for your thoughtful reply. I just quickly looked at SF this morning again and found that I am liking this colour more and more. It suddenly doesn't seem too coral anymore but earthy, soft and neutral. Still unusual but in a nice way.

I've actually discovered over the years that for me first impressions aren't always the lasting ones. I do take some time to get used to colours, styles, ideas. So I've learnt to reserve judgement and take a second and third look. Seems that this is happening with SF too. :thinking:
I am the exact same way. First impressions are never accurate for me...I must look and think about things for a while before I form my opinion (I typically wear my new purchases weeks or months later!!).

Eilene: glad to hear you're sending them to your tailor...hopefully he works his magic! Can't wait to see your new jacket!!

h_addict: I'd say you were a stylin' stand-in coach!! ...hopefully the opposing team's colours were not red and black haha :smile:

Woody: you should take your bright red more often, it looks smashing on you :smile: great colour!

I was so busy that I didn't get to take pics of my jackets. I will post pics in a little bit.
I called Balenciaga & they said as far as the leather...they can not change the texture or color. She thinks I should take it to my tailor & have him do whatever he can do to fix it for free as they will charge me.
I think I'm just going to do that. I'll post pics shortly.

My Sienna Fonce/Black quilted finally shipped today!!! Please let me love it because of it being a 36. I'm hoping that it will be my layer jacket!
It was shipped from Germany using UPS Express Saver. Would anyone know how long it might take to get to the US?

Eilene I hope you will love your new sienna fonce and it will fit you the way you like it so it will compensate the big disappointment with the cleaners.
I keep my fingers crossed !

I'm getting used to the way they look & if my tailor can at least fix what is fixable I'll still wear them. They are not like they used to be...but I learned my lesson and maybe just maybe I'll learn to love them all over again.
I do have to say that the Khaki is not as bad as the Beige because the beige's leather was so so soft! It is too pillowy now! It is hard to explain. The Khaki lost it's distressed leather feel & look. It still has some wrinkle...but it is like they were trying to iron them out. Very weird!

Why would they make the 2 toned so much larger in size? That is strange. I guess I'll see. I just got the first tracking update & it says Delivery by this FRIDAY end of day!!!!
Please fit...please fit!!!!

I am glad that there is still hope that your tailor can bring your jackets back to wearable condition. Thanks goodness Balenciaga leather is the best quality so hopefully with lots of wear it will be nicely re-broken in and will be soft and drapey again.

I keep my fingers crossed for this as well as for two toned quilted to fit you well.
big hugs to you Eilene:hugs:

7598365556_9fae0a3220_c.jpg

This is what the jacket looks like from the back when I wear it. They stick out & will not stay in place.
7598367132_07f92a84a7_c.jpg

The sleeves look like this when I wear them.
7598366934_096d92a753_c.jpg

This is the worst one...but they all look shabby!
7598366500_f713ee3400_c.jpg

The beige one.
7598366032_b71c950cf7_c.jpg

Things definitely need fixing!! There are also other thing that I won't even mention.
The colors of both jackets are about 5 shades lighter...I like it the way it was.

The pics are ok...but it is easier to see the damage in person.

I can feel you pain Eilene seeing your jacket in this condition.
Hopefully the leather will soften and will not stick out anymore and will stay in place like it use to be.

Speaking of two-toned and layering, I am just so thrilled that I am now able to wear something other than a tee or a fine sweater under at least ONE of my Bal jackets!:lol: I wore the two-toned with a hoodie to my son's game Monday night (our coach ran late so I actually ended up behind the bench in this outfit! LOL!):

I love it on you :woohoo::woot::nuts:. Loooove it!!! The whole look is so relaxed, cool and laidback, right from my book.

Thanks tb, for your thoughtful reply. I just quickly looked at SF this morning again and found that I am liking this colour more and more. It suddenly doesn't seem too coral anymore but earthy, soft and neutral. Still unusual but in a nice way.

I've actually discovered over the years that for me first impressions aren't always the lasting ones. I do take some time to get used to colours, styles, ideas. So I've learnt to reserve judgement and take a second and third look. Seems that this is happening with SF too. :thinking:

I have notice the same. After few too quick decisions which I regretted later I am finally aware that I need to sleep on a 'problem' sometimes even more than one night:P.
As far as clothes are concern there are some pieces that grew on me and I like them to death now.
At the beginning I didn't like the quilted jacket at all and now adore it.

And my pine green which is really easy to wear.

I'm tossing up whether to get ardoise but I'd also like to try a quilted moto. If only I had more money.....

004.jpg

012.jpg

I really love the pine, I'm regretting not buying one that was for sale on eBay a while ago; both the red and pine fit you so well and the grey zippers look fab. I think you would look great in a quilted :smile:

Be brave Drati :yes:
Here is my fire engine red moto -its fun when I get it out.
016.jpg

013.jpg

You look gorgeous:smile: I like how this beautiful red color elevates whole outfit yet still keeping it casual and simple.

And my pine green which is really easy to wear.

I'm tossing up whether to get ardoise but I'd also like to try a quilted moto. If only I had more money.....

004.jpg

012.jpg

Pine is so rare and it is so good to see this a pretty and versatile neutral on you. Leather on both your jackets is divine, so supple and chewy.

I love both looks!:cloud9:

I really love the pine, I'm regretting not buying one that was for sale on eBay a while ago; both the red and pine fit you so well and the grey zippers look fab. I think you would look great in a quilted :smile:

You look gorgeous:smile: I like how this beautiful red color elevates whole outfit yet still keeping it casual and simple.

Pine is so rare and it is so good to see this a pretty and versatile neutral on you. Leather on both your jackets is divine, so supple and chewy.

I love both looks!:cloud9:

Thank you guys. I got lucky with both of these jackets. I got them from E for great deals. I don't think I could pull the trigger on full price but if I stopped making random purchases I could probably afford to buy what I really want :P.

Bargain quilted navy, black, anthra, beige jacket come to mama :search: (Not all of them just one!)

Status
Not open for further replies.