Bal MOTO JACKETS Pics & Chat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eilene:I know what you mean, with your beloved jackets.They look like they was faded out in color and lost the vintage style.You are right, the beige looks more disturb to me and i just asking myself how could this be???They should now how to treat leather and if not, they should not take the jackets for cleaning.I am really hoping and thinking if your new quilted will fit, to get back your beautiful smile!!!Just do not know, why the two tone jacket runs bigger than all the other ones???Could you send it back, if it does not fit you???

I think yes, it's good to realise that a colourful moto is never going to be as versatile as a neutral coloured one. But when you want colour, they are great. It's a bit of a risk but also nice to move outside of one's comfort zone.

I always find brand new leather jackets a little strange, they are so much more user friendly once they are broken in a bit. I hope that as SF looks and feels less new I'll feel more comfortable throwing her on.

Hey Drati,

I'm so sorry that your youngest broke her arm. I hope she is feeling better now.

I love the bomber jacket on you! The cut and stiff leather makes the collar and shoulders look so cool. The jacket is very flattering.

In regards to your SF. I think you need to listen to your first impressions. Usually they are right on. Truly, only you can know if you will wear it or not. At the price, even a good one, you need to love it. There are always more color jackets that come out every season so even if this one turns out to be "not to your liking" you know another one will come out that calls to you.

Hugs and good luck on your decision! I know it is a tough one :smile:.

7598365556_9fae0a3220_c.jpg

This is what the jacket looks like from the back when I wear it. They stick out & will not stay in place.
7598367132_07f92a84a7_c.jpg

The sleeves look like this when I wear them.
7598366934_096d92a753_c.jpg

This is the worst one...but they all look shabby!
7598366500_f713ee3400_c.jpg

The beige one.
7598366032_b71c950cf7_c.jpg

Things definitely need fixing!! There are also other thing that I won't even mention.
The colors of both jackets are about 5 shades lighter...I like it the way it was.

The pics are ok...but it is easier to see the damage in person.

I see what you mean. I can see the fading, though probably not as obviously as you can in person. Plus, I think the pulling out at the shoulders and the cuffs is probably due to some shrinkage from cleaning, especially given what you said about the lining, too. That alone maybe isn't totally unexpected with leather cleaning, but not to this degree and to this effect. Still, looking as much on the bright side as possible, I think a good tailor could work on these things, sort of putting stuff back in place and smoothing them out by some artful sewing. I really believe that. Then, maybe some wearing will bring them back into a little better shape in a different way. At some point, once you recover a little, maybe some leather treatment/conditioner of the right kind could help to darken the colors up a little. I'd wait and discuss that with Balenciaga later.

I know you are so upset about this damage, but I have my fingers crossed that some careful rehab will help! :hugs:

D, wishing you DD a very speedy recovery!:flowers::hugs:

And you are ROCKING both jackets! I adore SF on you -- isn't it so easy to wear/match??? Such lovely shade, IMO. I think it suits you really well too.:yes: The bomber is :love::woot: I am so happy YOU are happy with it! It looks great on you and the style is so versatile! Congrats on you both!

Thanks H_addict. You inspired me to try another style of Bal jacket and I'm glad I did. Slowly getting more used to SF. :cool: I esp love it in the two toned, the black kind of anchors it and toughens it a bit.

drati: hope your daughter's arm heals quickly! you look fab in both of your new jackets--hopefully you grow to love the SF as you look great in it :smile:

Thank you all for your well-wishes for my little one. She's fine and I'm sure will heal well.

I think SF looks like a great colour and actually quite a neutral hue. I think it is a great choice for you. I feel like a fire engine in mine but SF is much subtler.

I have the same experience with new things. I often buy bags and throw them in the cupboard for a few months before I get them out. For me i think it is expenditure shock :P

And shock of the new sometimes. But it doesn't mean we won't grow to love it. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only doing this.

Drati you are rocking both jackets I love the grey as well. A totally different look.

Thanks Meg. You're certainly my inspiration for coloured motos. :biggrin:

This is exactly how I felt about SF when I got mine. (I couldn't get past the fact that it matched my garden hose! lol) Now I peek at it in the closet (too hot here for a jacket!) and I like it better and better all the time! I hope you do too. I like it with everything you modeled, and I think it's great with your coloring.

Yes, you are totally right about the garden hose comparison, lol. Yet this colour looks so nice on, now I find it pretty on the hanger too. Luckily our current garden hose is green.

Drati, I think you have 2 winners here!! The bomber looks like an old friend you grew up with who just moved back home. As to SF, the color is great for your coloring, fits perfectly, and looks really soft, not in your face, though I hear you that it's a lot of color for you. It was such a good deal (comparatively speaking) and is such a nice change for your wardrobe, looks good on - you should give it a serious chance to win you over! :P You have a way of making all your jackets very much your own. That color makes me think of going on a beautiful vacation to the Southwestern US. I kept almost buying it, but I already have lots of coral, coral, coral. Again, love you in both. Congrats!

Hope your daughter is on the mend quickly!

Thank you rollergirl. i really have been yearning for colour and the SF fulfills that need beautifully. And for all the reasons you mention I should give it a chance. It just feels like a BIG change. Thanks for your encouragement and I'm glad to hear you like wearing coral.

Eilene, thanks for the pictures. I can see the fading and the change in the leather, definitely. And the way the lining is coming out and the state of the zipper pulls. I am glad to hear that you will get them fixed up and still wear them -- they will never be the same again but they are still beautiful jackets. Hugs.

My Sienna Fonce/Black quilted finally shipped today!!! Please let me love it because of it being a 36. I'm hoping that it will be my layer jacket!
It was shipped from Germany using UPS Express Saver. Would anyone know how long it might take to get to the US?

Oh I hope it gets to you quickly and you love it!!! I would love to see your smile! It is such a pretty combo and after seeing h_addicts pics it made me think about getting it too.

Eilene: that is great news that the tailor can do something to repair the changes in the lining etc and whilst the colour isn't what it was hopefully you will grow to love them both again. Fingers crossed the 2 tone isnt too big xx

Eilene, happy to hear there is going to be at least something done in order to fix these poor jackets. I hope you are as thrilled with your two-toned and I really hope it fits you nicely!!!

Speaking of two-toned and layering, I am just so thrilled that I am now able to wear something other than a tee or a fine sweater under at least ONE of my Bal jackets!:lol: I wore the two-toned with a hoodie to my son's game Monday night (our coach ran late so I actually ended up behind the bench in this outfit! LOL!):

Attachments

• 1 bal jacket.jpg
    1 bal jacket.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 223
Eilene it looks like everything we love about our jackets your dry cleaners took to be faults. It looks like they didn't understand what they were cleaning.

Haddict - hot outfit for your son's game. I get teased for being overdressed plus I usually wear high heels to my kids soccer games :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.