Rescue Beauty Lounge - swatches & chit chat

Some recent RBL mani's.

011f5b25.jpg

fcf26340.jpg

09ed52e9.jpg

Gorgeous manis, honey! I love all 3!

Gorgeous picks! I also love Coral - I had it for awhile, but then found a dupe in my collection, so sent it on to another loving home. And Scrangie! Oh how I love thee. If you like teals, go for 360 as well! It's one of my favorite teals.

Thanks, Cheetah! I can't wait till the fan collection is out! After that one, I'm probably going on a RBL hiatus... $20 for a boutique brand is a bit rich, even for me!

Thanks. I don't actually own any teals, but I have 360 on my very long and daily growing WL!

So, the price of RBLs is going up to $20.......that's too bad, some of her colors were nice.

http://blog.rescuebeauty.com/my-heart-breaks/

I died laughing at that post. So melodramatic. And the comparison to $35 lipstick? I was trying to think of the possible brands that charge that much, and I came up with... Chanel, Dior, Guerlain... and RBL is in no way competitor to any of these houses, but in the way only another fellow American can, I definitely appreciate Ji's over-confidence. LOL :lolots:

I died laughing at that post. So melodramatic. And the comparison to $35 lipstick? I was trying to think of the possible brands that charge that much, and I came up with... Chanel, Dior, Guerlain... and RBL is in no way competitor to any of these houses, but in the way only another fellow American can, I definitely appreciate Ji's over-confidence. LOL :lolots:

lol yea it was a bit much. Don't get me wrong I love the formula, bottles and color but you can't compare it to Dior, Chanel etc.

Same here! Oh, the DRAMA. And can I just say, a $35 tube of lipstick is NOT something that's just no big deal. To many people, it's worth it, and that's completely fine, but it's kind of hilarious to talk about it as though it's like buying a Revlon Lip Butter or something. And as for the American overconfidence, LOL. You're so right about that!

Same here! Oh, the DRAMA. And can I just say, a $35 tube of lipstick is NOT something that's just no big deal. To many people, it's worth it, and that's completely fine, but it's kind of hilarious to talk about it as though it's like buying a Revlon Lip Butter or something. And as for the American overconfidence, LOL. You're so right about that!

Oh, I still can't bring myself to spend $35 on lipstick! I am constantly debating the Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque lip gloss/stick that everyone raves about and has been discontinued, but I just can't swallow the $32 price tag. As for Revlon Lip Butters... now there's something to blow your money on! I want to buy them all in every color, but keep holding back.

/end tangent ;)

The over-confidence comment is killing me, nordysgal! :lol:
The talent Ji has to write a blog post announcing a price increase and then have commenters on facebook actually console her- it's amazing.

zant, funny you should mention the Revlon lip butters, I realized Revlon isn't available in Europe and I neeeeeed me some lip butters, I read they're as good as Dior Addict lipsticks and Chanel Coco Shine, which are basically my two favorite lipstick formulas. makes mental note to email friend in US.

Oh, I still can't bring myself to spend $35 on lipstick! I am constantly debating the Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque lip gloss/stick that everyone raves about and has been discontinued, but I just can't swallow the $32 price tag. As for Revlon Lip Butters... now there's something to blow your money on! I want to buy them all in every color, but keep holding back.

/end tangent ;)

Tell me about it. I bought my first YSL lipstick for $32 last week. I felt so guilty afterwards!