Omg Im Cutting Up Fakes ! Lol

I see it as destroying the fake as well when I take it to the jeweller to get it remade into something else. i.e. nobody (me or someone else should I give it away) will own the fake thereafter.

If the material used for the fake LVs can be recycled, I would too. If it can be remade into something else, then yes. Otherwise the most logical way of destroying it to CUT, SLASH and BURN, right?

The only way I can see myself "recycling" fake LV bags is to use them as fuel for my BBQ party.

To me a fake designer bag equals trash. What do we do with trash? We get rid of it. Hate to sound so mean but fakes deserve no respect. To me, something with sentimental value is receiving somethiing that made me happy. Receiving a fake bag would never make me happy. I don't care who gave it to me. If someone gives me a fake bag, it totally means they hate me. They should know better. I would rather receive a nice leather bag. At least I would not feel insulted.

While I don't agree with buying fakes or carrying fakes....this was a gift. The best thing would have been to have either told the family members that gave the gift and explain to them why they shouldn't purchase a fake bag OR just stick it in your closet and forget about it. I agree with everyone that fakes are wrong and all....just seems extreme to cut up something that was given to you by family that love you. Maybe you should spend that time educating them about authentic versus fake?

Just wanted to butt in for a second and offer my lowly opinion.

I myself enjoy the high end items I own and take great pride in the fact that I work very hard to be able to own them.

In the same token, I have to say I am taken aback by the attitude here. It's the Christmas season and we should be a little more cognizant of those less fortunate than us, not using them as a way to get our jollies off.

I am not a fan of fakes, I do not own nor sell them. But everyone has a choice on what they buy or do. I refuse to get into fights over fakes (as so I have read) humiliate others (as I have read) nor will I insinuate that the lowest creature on earth carries a fake bag (didn't I see the beloved Paris Hilton wearing a fake MC bikini)

Enjoy your prosperity ladies and gents, but be ever mindful that people, not possessions are what make the difference in your lives. Be careful that you don't become as cold as the luxury items you wear on your arms.

end of rant

Merry Christmas

:heart:

:yes:

I think Socialite can do what he want with the fake items. The only thing that made me sad if I was him, is that those goods are gifts, so I feel an emotional link with them. The point is: if the person who gave you this know it's a fake go and distroy without a second thinking! But if the person doesn't know maybe I would keep them just as a memory, without wearing them. Or maybe, if I have enough money, I would replace them with original items! What if they never see you carrying them? What if they give you more of them?

I totally agree with
Quote Baglady:
While I don't agree with buying fakes or carrying fakes....this was a gift. The best thing would have been to have either told the family members that gave the gift and explain to them why they shouldn't purchase a fake bag OR just stick it in your closet and forget about it. I agree with everyone that fakes are wrong and all....just seems extreme to cut up something that was given to you by family that love you. Maybe you should spend that time educating them about authentic versus fake?

My two cents ...... he is cutting up items he owns right? If he was cutting up GAP jeans would there be any issues? Just because he is cutting up fakes rather than giving them away seems to be the issue here, but the thing is that he OWNS the items, so if he wants to cut them up and make LV hand puppets, decoupage his Trapper Keeper or make really expensive confetti for New Years, its his choice and I support him.

As for the folks who say that he should give them away to the less fortunate, I would be interested in hearing if anyone is giving away their old genuine LVs or if folks are getting a Nine West bag rather than a LV and donating the difference? Cause in the end, we all make decisions on what to do with the material possessions we own, so lets not judge.....

(Steps off his high horse and shines up his LV riding boots....)

i just read this thread and my issue isn't in steve cutting up his fakes. what bothers me are people's perception of those who wear fakes. for some reason alot of members of this forum seem to think that people who wear/buy fakes are the scum of the earth or decendants of some low breed. i personally dont wear fakes but i also dont attack others who choose to do so(i have seen this in other threads).

well put :yes:
i still think that this thread is pretty hilarious.

Talking about judging people,

isn't it also oxymoronic to think that everyone who rants about fakes and their hatred for them here are judging people based on material possessions? :shrugs:

I mean, you are stereotyping people, whom you think stereotyped other people who buys/wears fakes? it's kinda of assuming to think that a person who cuts up fake bags does not have sentimental feelings to the gift or the gift-bearer right? *innocent blink*

For me, the crucial and difficult bit is trying to find out if the gift-bearer was duped and knows that the gift is fake? How do i ask? I would feel so compelled to smile, accept the gift, but feel upset on the inside?

Would it be rude to ask "How much did you pay for it?", followed by a "I'm asking because this is a fake. Did you get duped?"

Is that rude? How else would I know? :s

Talking about judging people, isn't it also oxymoronic to think that everyone who rants about fakes and their hatred for them here are judging people based on material possessions? :shrugs:

reply:i have read threads where members have called people who wear fakes "low" and i just dont think its appropriate:sad: . i dont feel that all people who hate fakes judge people who wear them because i dont like fakes and i remain impartial to the people who wear them but not all share that same sentimate.

Where are the pic's ?
What you do with your gifts is your business! We all have different opinions on what we'd do, you do as you wish.

Hi, Im in my bedroom at the moment cutting up a fake mini monogram bag, ive cut off the date code and Louis Vuitton made in paris label. The fakes were bought for me by friends and relatives from holidays. I cut up a fake prada bag before and wrote fake fake fake allover it in marker pens. Im just going to finish with the mini monogram bag then I will start on a wallet. LOL im enjoying myself !. Pics to come soon ! :yahoo: :yahoo: