Omg Im Cutting Up Fakes ! Lol

Hi everyone, pics are to come SOON and I mean real soon...Ive nearly finished. Oh My goodness this thread has got long. Here is what I think:

The fakes were gifts some were bought years ago and have been in my wardrobe then ended up on the floor so what is better than them being on the floor....the bin. If they are my bags then I can do as I choose. I understand that they are gifts but I know that the people who gave them me wouldnt be angry with me cutting them up.

I do not agree with fakes but if someone can not afford to buy the real thing and chooses to buy a fake then thats up to them. I do not think they are scum...they deserve the same respect as me. Just because someone buys real bags...it doesnt make them any better. I myself started off carrying a fake...I didnt even know what LV was.

But by me cutting the fakes I own up...then there are a couple of less fakes in the world. Fakes cycle around and if I gave them to charity...in 5 years time they would end up on Ebay. Im helping Louis vuitton. I would love to make an art peice with these but I just dont have the time at the moment.

My mum carries a fake Speedy and she loves it lol. She said that she doesnt see why I spend lots on designer bags when I could get a good knock off. She would NEVER intensionally buy me a fake even though she herself carries one.

So like I said PICS SOON !!!!! KEEP WATCHIN LOL :P

Fakes are illegal and the money they generate supports criminal activity, including terrorism. To me, they are indefensible. Good for you for destroying them.

Just wanted to butt in for a second and offer my lowly opinion.

I myself enjoy the high end items I own and take great pride in the fact that I work very hard to be able to own them.

In the same token, I have to say I am taken aback by the attitude here. It's the Christmas season and we should be a little more cognizant of those less fortunate than us, not using them as a way to get our jollies off.

I am not a fan of fakes, I do not own nor sell them. But everyone has a choice on what they buy or do. I refuse to get into fights over fakes (as so I have read) humiliate others (as I have read) nor will I insinuate that the lowest creature on earth carries a fake bag (didn't I see the beloved Paris Hilton wearing a fake MC bikini)

Enjoy your prosperity ladies and gents, but be ever mindful that people, not possessions are what make the difference in your lives. Be careful that you don't become as cold as the luxury items you wear on your arms.

end of rant

Merry Christmas

:heart:

ITA! :yes:

As for the statement in in the OP's siggy, OP do you know what vachetta is made of? :wtf:

Just wanted to butt in for a second and offer my lowly opinion.

I myself enjoy the high end items I own and take great pride in the fact that I work very hard to be able to own them.

In the same token, I have to say I am taken aback by the attitude here. It's the Christmas season and we should be a little more cognizant of those less fortunate than us, not using them as a way to get our jollies off.

I am not a fan of fakes, I do not own nor sell them. But everyone has a choice on what they buy or do. I refuse to get into fights over fakes (as so I have read) humiliate others (as I have read) nor will I insinuate that the lowest creature on earth carries a fake bag (didn't I see the beloved Paris Hilton wearing a fake MC bikini)

Enjoy your prosperity ladies and gents, but be ever mindful that people, not possessions are what make the difference in your lives. Be careful that you don't become as cold as the luxury items you wear on your arms.

end of rant

Merry Christmas

:heart:

Merry christmas aswell :shame: probably is one of the nicest posts I have read here in the PF...
and I think in x-mas time there is nicest things to do than destroying bags IMO

it's kinda of assuming to think that a person who cuts up fake bags does not have sentimental feelings to the gift or the gift-bearer right? *innocent blink*

It is not an assumption. When the OP purposely destroys a gift given to him by family and friends that is a clear indication he has no attachment to the gift(s). Therefore has it has no sentimental value to him. However, this is not a generalization that he feels this way about all gifts-that's too black and white. We are talking about these particular gifts and this particular situation. If he did feel that the gifts were of sentimental value he would not even THINK of cutting them up.

Again-he can do what he wishes with these bags. They are his personal property but if it were ME I would look past the material aspect of the gift and be grateful that I was able to receive a gift to begin with.

It is not an assumption. When the OP purposely destroys a gift given to him by family and friends that is a clear indication he has no attachment to the gift(s). Therefore has it has no sentimental value to him. However, this is not a generalization that he feels this way about all gifts-that's too black and white. We are talking about these particular gifts and this particular situation. If he did feel that the gifts were of sentimental value he would not even THINK of cutting them up.

Again-he can do what he wishes with these bags. They are his personal property but if it were ME I would look past the material aspect of the gift and be grateful that I was able to receive a gift to begin with.

Well, can we really know how he feels? I have had sentimental attachments to lots of different things that I no longer own. Fakes are wrong. Somebody gave me about 4 fakes one time and I destroyed them as well. I believe this thread started out to be a lighthearted humorous thread and it has turned into a judgemental thread. Let's lighten up a little!

Sorry, but this thread is lame. Everyone has their own way of doing things and we should all respect that without judgment. My mother has gotten many fakes in her lifetime as gifts and she just leaves them in the closet. She is not supporting them but people have bought them for her and that's that. Cutting things up are his own decision so stop attacking him for pete's sake.

reply:i have read threads where members have called people who wear fakes "low" and i just dont think its appropriate:sad: .

I'm sorry, but I've never seen anyone on here call anyone else "low" because they're carrying fakes. Have not seen a post like that yet. I think most of us here are simply disgusted with fakes, it's not that any of us think we're any better than people who can't afford to buy the real thing.

As for this thread...Steve can do whatever he wishes with his gifts. He already accepted the gifts from his relatives/friends, and I'm sure he was polite in doing so, now that they're his, he can do whatever he wants with them.
A pair of acid wash jeans is one thing, they're garments that a person would very much prefer not to wear, but a counterfeit bag is another...they're illegal and this was given to a real LV lover.

For me, I would've probably just hid it somewhere and never take it out ever again, but these are Steve's and he can choose to do whatever he wishes with them.

I really wanted this thread to be happy and a bit of fun. I just thought people would find it as a bit of christmas fun. The only reason Im cutting them up is because they are in the way, I really dont have any where to put them in my bedrroom. The only other thing I could do would be to use them :s

Like Karman said they are my gifts...lets not forget fakes are Illegal.

I finished taking pics and when I finish my room I will post them. Mum says room comes first LOL :nuts: it was in a right mess.

OMG you will all laugh your head off at the pics ! :roflmfao: :P