YSL Envelope Bag Wear

lvlover10

Mar 20, 2021
Hi everyone I am debating on the YSL black with black hardware envelope bag in medium. Does anyone have this bag that can share how their wore? I am afraid of the quality I’ve felt the bag and it feels like nice quality but know I’ve seen a lot of negative regarding the grained leather wearing.

I just ordered it and can’t wait for it to arrive. I think for what I’ll use it, on occasions or events it should be fine. I don’t plan to use it all the time and I baby my bags. I have read the wear is worse on the lighter color envelope bags.

I just ordered it and can’t wait for it to arrive. I think for what I’ll use it, on occasions or events it should be fine. I don’t plan to use it all the time and I baby my bags. I have read the wear is worse on the lighter color envelope bags.
Thank you! How exciting! What color hardware did you choose? I also feel like some people are expecting to not have any wear on ysl bags at all because of the price but 0 wear on a bag no matter the brand just isn’t feasible.

Reactions: pinkgirl713
I purchased the black medium envelope with black hardware with the Saks sale and cashback was 5% through ShopTagr. Last week I also got the crema soft color with gold hardware in the Saint Laurent boutique in Florida. I love both colors. I had serious FOMO and prob shouldn’t have gotten the black one but it was too good of a deal lol.

I’m ok with some wear and tear but I think if we are careful, we should be ok. I don’t plan to use them everyday.

I purchased the black medium envelope with black hardware with the Saks sale and cashback was 5% through ShopTagr. Last week I also got the crema soft color with gold hardware in the Saint Laurent boutique in Florida. I love both colors. I had serious FOMO and prob shouldn’t have gotten the black one but it was too good of a deal lol.

I’m ok with some wear and tear but I think if we are careful, we should be ok. I don’t plan to use them everyday.
That is the exact one I am looking at now with that sale. What is ShopTagr? Did you look at others posts on here? Apparently people were saying that the grained leather starts peeling and chipping away. What do you think you would do if the black coating on the bag monogram label starting chipping off? Could we just sharpie it on? I was thinking if I had to eventually send it to purse rehab for repainting. Have you purchased a ysl bag from Saks before? Do you know if they do repairs on their products? I am also nervous because of it not coming directly from the store.

That is the exact one I am looking at now with that sale. What is ShopTagr? Did you look at others posts on here? Apparently people were saying that the grained leather starts peeling and chipping away. What do you think you would do if the black coating on the bag monogram label starting chipping off? Could we just sharpie it on? I was thinking if I had to eventually send it to purse rehab for repainting. Have you purchased a ysl bag from Saks before? Do you know if they do repairs on their products? I am also nervous because of it not coming directly from the store.
I own the small Kate bag in black with gold hardware and have had that a few years. I got it from Net A Porter. My last 2 bags were from Saks. I purchased the Saint Laurent camera bag in black with gold hardware a year ago and love it. I also purchased it in Dark Beige this year from Saks but haven’t used it yet. The leather is softer but I’ve had no issues. I’ve never sent anything in for repair to know how that works. I splurged on 2 medium envelope bags now and since I baby my bags and only use them for events, I’m hopeful I don’t get too much wear. I did read that you should pull open your envelope bag from the side and not the pointy tip since that wears very easily and fast. Also read that black shows the least amount of wear so you may not need to sharpie it at all.

Since I have the 2 camera bags already, I use those for casual outings or date nights. i may use the black one more often and that’s why I opted for black hardware so it can go with any jewelry I wear that night as well. You can dress up or dress down the black with black hardware which I love.

I have a Chanel WOC and I’m honestly more excited for these medium envelope bags because they are stunning and have more space inside.

Reactions: keishapie1973
Oh sorry, Shop Tagr turned into Karma but I just found out they have a cashback program now too so using their site to purchase the black envelope bag from Saks meant I could get 5% cashback from the purchase. So we shall see if they follow through with it.