Your updated collection please

If I sell what I currently have listed, I'll be left with 26 full-sized everyday bags, which isn't so bad, except I also have 14 small bags and 12 vintage. I probably am going to have to do a second cut.
I have one Reed Krakoff, several Henri Bendel, one Dooney, one MK, one Longchamp and the rest are Coach.

For multiples, I have 5 Legacy duffles, 2 Sophias, 2 Bleecker large flaps, 2 Legacy soft drawstrings, 2 mini Prestons, and 3 mini duffles.

You have a well rounded variety of bags. :smile:
Thank you! I hope to pare down more and get to a manageable amount. Actually I have 30 something Longchamp bags at the moment. The only good thing is most of my Longchamp don't take up too much space since they are flat. The amount you have is where I want to be.

Hi Suzanne,
That's is exactly how i ended up with so many - eye candies. Great question on whether i use them. No, most of my bags are still in their original package.. don't know why. I keep saving them for occasions that does seem to come by. I have been using just a few of my swaggers in rotation and they are my go to because of easy of access and the size and design. I simply can't seem to let the other bags go :sad:. . I am glad i shared and happy to get your inputs. If I could just get rid of one color in each style, i'd be a much better place.
You sound like me. I've sold what I knew I'd never use, but there are some I just can't let go of, even though I've never used them and they still have the tags. Lots of Legacy and Madison, and my two HG Woven Caroline satchels. I also went a little nuts with the Reed Krakoff sale. Even though I'm still annoyed with his Kohl's collection, I can't get rid of the Boxers or mini Atlantiques.

I've only purchased 1 Coach bag in the last 8 or 9 months. I haven't had to have anything lately, but picked up a NWT indigo Ace for something like $199 on eBay several months ago.

Normally I'd rotate a bag every day, but for the past couple of years I've been able to work from home, and that's cut down on going out!

At one point I had over 30 "everyday" bags (95% Coach) which was just way too many. Most of them I never used but just liked to look at. I now have:

Every day bags:
Coach Highrise Borough
Coach vintage stewardess
LV Neverfull
Gucci Large Soho
MBMJ Large Francesca
Longchamp Le Pliage - Miaou
Longchamp Leather Le Pliage from Nordstrom anniversary sale
Madewell monogram leather tote

Travel:
Coach saffiano tote
Longchamp expandable le pliage
Longchamp large Le Pliage

I also have a Coach Laila that I bought on my honeymoon in HI. I never use that bag but will keep it forever.

I think my collection is in a good place now but I might add another LV next week while I'm on vacation. I actually use all of my bags now whereas before they were just taking up (a lot!) of space. If I am even considering selling one I know it is time to let it go. I also got rid of a lot of my wallets and SLG's. I found that I was always using the same ones so I let go of all the extras. It was fun to have a collection of SLG's but now I am moving more toward keeping things I use.

I've sold off pretty much everything.

Coach 2012 Legacy Duffle in Cognac

Louis Vuitton Speedy B 35

Longchamp Le Pliage

And a Nomad that's on its way to me today...

At one point I had over 30 "everyday" bags (95% Coach) which was just way too many. Most of them I never used but just liked to look at. I now have:

Every day bags:
Coach Highrise Borough
Coach vintage stewardess
LV Neverfull
Gucci Large Soho
MBMJ Large Francesca
Longchamp Le Pliage - Miaou
Longchamp Leather Le Pliage from Nordstrom anniversary sale
Madewell monogram leather tote

Travel:
Coach saffiano tote
Longchamp expandable le pliage
Longchamp large Le Pliage

I also have a Coach Laila that I bought on my honeymoon in HI. I never use that bag but will keep it forever.

I think my collection is in a good place now but I might add another LV next week while I'm on vacation. I actually use all of my bags now whereas before they were just taking up (a lot!) of space. If I am even considering selling one I know it is time to let it go. I also got rid of a lot of my wallets and SLG's. I found that I was always using the same ones so I let go of all the extras. It was fun to have a collection of SLG's but now I am moving more toward keeping things I use.

The same here...when I start considering getting rid of a bag, then I know it's a goner. I also did the same thing with my slg's. I had entire sets of most of the legacy colors slgs, but after the newness and fun wore off, I tended to stick with certain ones. So I let several drawers full of slg's go and now only have one drawer with 9 or 10 wallets, 2 wristlets, 1 cosmetic case and 2 mini skinny / card cases. I found I had no need for nor did I use all sizes of cosmetic cases, card cases, mini skinny's, too small wallets, too large wallets and all the other slg candy that Coach put out.

Hi All.

You guys are so inspiring. I love all of your collections. I knew i was addicted to handbags which is why i joined TPF back in 2015. Being on the ban island has helped me tremendously but the thing is i go on these spells of not buying any bag for months and then I end up buying multiples of bags that seem to work. I'd love to trim my collection to manageable size like you all but can't bear to sell them for less that 1/4th of what i paid for them. Moreover, the hassle of selling seems to overwhelm me now.

I've gained a very good perspective on things after my recent sickness. I am home bound for most part now and miss all the fun and simple joys like shopping at the malls. I can't wait to get back in action again. I think to stay healthy and happy is the utmost precious thing in life. Thank you all for your responses and inputs. I enjoy reading all of your posts and many time i am amazed at how similar we all are :smile:

Reactions: sparkle1
I have quit buying, but I haven't parted with any either. I don't plan to. I love them all, even if some are more collector's items than bags to carry. There are four I've not yet carried.
I'm hesitant to list them all-it's an extensive list. I'd get a wicked typer's cramp. Haha.
I own bags from Coach,MMK, Kate Spade, MBMJ, Chloé, and Gucci.
I will admit...I'm a bag hoarder.

You are not alone. :smile:

I also went a little nuts with the Reed Krakoff sale. Even though I'm still annoyed with his Kohl's collection, I can't get rid of the Boxers or mini Atlantiques.

Have you touched Reed's Kohl's bag in person? I'm the opposite-just bought the RK40L, and it's hands down one of the, if not the nicest bag that I own. Can't see how his cheaper versions can even hold a candle to the original, so I'm not really bothered that they're there ;). Bag connoissuer can tell the difference anyway.

Have you touched Reed's Kohl's bag in person? I'm the opposite-just bought the RK40L, and it's hands down one of the, if not the nicest bag that I own. Can't see how his cheaper versions can even hold a candle to the original, so I'm not really bothered that they're there ;). Bag connoissuer can tell the difference anyway.

I have. I bought one on ebay before they were released, to compare. They are faux leather, smell, and while design wise they are basically identical to his original line, the quality is not close. I won't start a rant about it again. I've done that in an older RK thread.

I have. I bought one on ebay before they were released, to compare. They are faux leather, smell, and while design wise they are basically identical to his original line, the quality is not close. I won't start a rant about it again. I've done that in an older RK thread.

Sorry you had to go through that. At the price I got the original RK bags though, Kohl's release doesn't really bother me. If I paid full retail though...oh boy :lol:

I'll have to take a photo of my one "starter designer" (whatever they're called here) bag: a convertible metallic Coach.

I got rid of my other Coach, MV, and D&B bags this year. I've still got some super cheap Target/Walmart bags, probably 30 or 40 still. I'm about to clean out a bunch of those too, then I can post pics here. :smile:

I'll have to take a photo of my one "starter designer" (whatever they're called here) bag: a convertible metallic Coach.

I got rid of my other Coach, MV, and D&B bags this year. I've still got some super cheap Target/Walmart bags, probably 30 or 40 still. I'm about to clean out a bunch of those too, then I can post pics here. :smile:
Good job skirtl, i look forward to seeing a pic of y collection!

My updated collection!

- E/W duffle in deep port
- Soft Borough with grommets in tan
- Small whipstitched Dakotah in black
- Anna Sui Dragonfly duffle
- Legacy Archival Zip top satchel in cherry
- Floral applique Dinky
- Glovetan saddle bag in Bordeaux
- Mickey saddlebag in black glovetan leather
- Bennett satchel in black pebbled leathed
- Red Market tote with daisy lining
- Red Mickey Ears Kisslock bag