Scarves Your Grail Scarf

I have a grail to share; it is by far my hardest-won H treasure. I've been searching for Ecume for as long as I've been collecting scarves-- almost a decade. Ecume was issued only once, in 1998, in a GM Mousseline and a CSGM. The second I saw a photograph of the design I fell in love with it, and was determined I would one day own either the moussie or the cashmere (or perhaps both!). But because of its scarcity, it only seems to come available once in a blue moon.

Finally, after years of stalking, a reputable reseller listed one at only a slight premium above the US boutique price. Usually I won't pay a premium *at all* (sorry to burst your bubbles, resellers reading this thread :P)-- I have infinite patience for "the hunt"-- but I didn't think twice about hitting the "buy" button on this one. The seller sent it out express from the Continent to the UK on January 30, and it was scanned out at the border. And then it vanished from tracking.

The seller and I spent the past two weeks haranguing our respective postal services, and I was starting to despair of ever seeing the scarf I'd waited for for so long. Then magically, last night, the parcel popped up on tracking again-- and arrived at my doorstep this afternoon. Then I had another fright when I saw that the parcel was soaked on one corner. Thankfully the Hermes box had absorbed all of the water, and I'm just fine with having a puckered and bubbly shawl box in order to have my pristine Ecume.

The color is very hard to capture-- a beautiful seafoam shade with leaf green and pale lemon accents. The detail and shading is incredible, and although I would love to be twins with @Chestnutty one day on the CSGM version, I am so pleased with the way that the sheerness of the fabric has a watery quality that suits the scarf's theme. :heart:

View attachment 3604421 View attachment 3604423
Amazing design! Reminds me of Japanese inkbrush paintings, especially those dreamy ones with fantastical carp. Congrats!

@Bostonjetset suggested trying to call Cuffs in Cleveland. Also did you already have your SA do a search for you? I hope you find it! We all have those CWs or scarves that got away [emoji173]
Yes I did! I got in touch with them, they didn't have the scarf there in store but they did say that they would keep me in mind. Thanks again for the recommendation :heart: Maybe one day I'll get to share a grail story!

And finally, IMHO, something to look for in a Pavements, if you are into details
The tesserae are separated only the black lines of the finesse screen - in almost all of the design, except for the border
On the border, there is also ´grout"' between the tesserae , and that sometimes does not work
I am not in love with the beige grout between the black tiles but some people loved the black cw of the design

Attachments

• Black reissue  (5).JPG
    Black reissue (5).JPG
    700.4 KB · Views: 489
And finally, IMHO, something to look for in a Pavements, if you are into details
The tesserae are separated only the black lines of the finesse screen - in almost all of the design, except for the border
On the border, there is also ´grout"' between the tesserae , and that sometimes does not work
I am not in love with the beige grout between the black tiles but some people loved the black cw of the design

I never noticed that before, marietouchet! I love learning about all the minutiae of these scarves from you!

Happy to share this beauty with you all, it is a design I had been admiring from afar for quite a while now. It's in excellent condition and I found it for significantly below retail so I'm really, really happy! :smile:

Nuess Imaginaires in the black cw.

View attachment 3619557
View attachment 3619559

So pretty! It ties so beautifully. Thanks for sharing. Now I've got another to add to my long long long list. :smile:

Happy to share this beauty with you all, it is a design I had been admiring from afar for quite a while now. It's in excellent condition and I found it for significantly below retail so I'm really, really happy! :smile:

Nuess Imaginaires in the black cw.

View attachment 3619557
View attachment 3619559
I love how the greys and blacks ground this pattern- very rich and very elegant look. Beautiful!

I'm thrilled to have recently acquired a couple of new-to-me grails, one from the incomparable Year of India, and another a personal favorite if not a universally acclaimed 'grail'. Fantasies Indiennes appears reasonably often in the resale market, but usually in the 90cm silk twill. Here's the more rarely seen GM mousseline. The second is the CSGM of Annie Faivre's Art des Steppes, a design I adore... Yikes for the giant photos, but they do reveal the lovely details!

IMG_0832.JPGIMG_0837.JPG

I'm thrilled to have recently acquired a couple of new-to-me grails, one from the incomparable Year of India, and another a personal favorite if not a universally acclaimed 'grail'. Fantasies Indiennes appears reasonably often in the resale market, but usually in the 90cm silk twill. Here's the more rarely seen GM mousseline. The second is the CSGM of Annie Faivre's Art des Steppes, a design I adore... Yikes for the giant photos, but they do reveal the lovely details!

View attachment 3631658View attachment 3631665

Both are so stunning on you, congratulations [emoji898]