Your best Coach "bargain"

Please note, "bargain" is in quotes b/c we're in Coach World, but I thought it might be fun to talk about some of the best deals we've found since I know a lot of ladies here are really saavy about their purchasesand get some great deals (well, if you're like me that's true at least some of the time).

So, aside from gifts, what are some of your favorite/best deals?

Mine just happened last weekend - got a legacy shoulder bag in whiskey for $179.99 :yahoo: . I also got the chelsea metallic satchel for same price at the outlets for midnight madness.

How did you ever find a Legacy Shoulder bag for $179.99? Just curious.;)

^^^^ pure luck! I happened to go to the outlets last week more or less b/c I kept seeing posts about how some of the legacy bags were popping up at outlets. When I got there, they had an "as is" (can't be returned) bin with a bunch of things 50% off. As I got closer, a woman put the shoulder bag back down in the bin! It was 50% off the factory price of $359 (I think that's what it was- my math is horrible) and the reason was "shop worn" - it had a lot of scratches and some minor marks here and there on the lining. It also was missing the hangtag. But, as you can see from the pic I posted of it earlier in this thread, the leather looks no worse than any of the bags I've seen (and basically all the scratches rubbed out) and just about all the marks in the lining have come out with a baby wipe! Ordered my new hangtag Fri., so she's basically good as new!

It really was just a matter of right place/right time.

Did you treat it at all? It said on the card inside it when I got mine not to..but, I used a cleaner/moisturizer and a spray protectant and it looks great and extra soft now. Spending that much I didn't want to hurt it with daily use or rain. I also tested the two above products first on a part underneath the strap...no problems so, I did the whole bag.

^^^^ haven't done that b/c a bit scared to, but interesting to hear that. I think you're the second person who talked about conditioning/protecting their bag with good results.

I actually don't have a problem with the leather - it really feels and looks nice. I love the "vintage" look of it! Thanks for the info though!

My best bargain was from the Black Friday Midnight Madness sale at the outlet - I got the Mini Sig Lurex Top Handle and matching mini skinny for around $150. The full price would have been almost $350. I figured that I deserved such a good deal for having to deal with all of the crazies that night! :wacko: