Young girls...

emi00 said:
3.jpg

Here's my crazy little girl!

Very cute!!!

Maybe the girl was borrowing the bag too!

Ooh, such a cutie! For me, it's not the age as much as the maturity level of the girl. My mom bought my first designer bag for me when I was 15 (A teeny cute Fendi satchel with a youthful look to it) and I treasured it.

i don't see any problem with younger girls carrying expensive designer bags. even though i'm only 16, i've always loved big bags, and therefore tend to carry larger bags. pair that with my love of certain designers (i.e. luella, chloe, chanel), you get large relatively expensive bags. but i cherish them and take care of them, so i don't see a problem with it.

I say if you want it, go for it. If you want a designer bag at 13, and you can earn the money for it, or convince your parents to get it for you, or a combination of both, then I think you should.

When I was younger, I never thought that anything I wanted or thought was a childish desire, everything that went through my head was absolutely real and rational to me. I used to get so infuriated when people would tell me I was being childish, or I wasn't thinking like an adult. Children don't have any idea that their own ideas are in any way less than adults, and I don't think adults have the right to tell them that they are.

You go girl!

I don't mind. Besides, maybe she was borrowing it from her mom. I used to do that when I was younger with her smaller bags. Anyway, if the parents want to spoil their kids I think that's fine..I know I'd spoil my kids if I had any! :smile:

If my daughter was responsible enough and mature enough to carry one around- I'd buy it for her birthday or Xmas present.

Then again, maybe a MC pochette would be more appropriate at that age.

emi00 said:
3.jpg

Here's my crazy little girl!

Aww.. she's adorable ! And she clearly has good taste. ;)

I'm not sure about the 14 year old bag carrying issue.. I think that's kind of iffy at that age. Once I saw a 8 year old carrying a Chanel at the mall, and it was not a fake. I think I'd have to draw a definite line at that !

i think if i say 14 year olds are too young... it's my jealousy talking. i didnt get my first louis until i was in college. getting a louis at 14 isn't totally crazy. 16 year olds get mercedes as their first car nowadays!

My only concern when I see young kids with expensive, luxury items is whether their family truly has tons of money to buy that item or if it's the result of a parent that's over-endulging their child...

There's something about savoring expensive items and not taking them for granted. When you're younger, you often don't realize the value of money or appreciate a luxury item... Having something to look forward to as an adult is nice!

I say why not! I get my little sister designer bags :biggrin: She is going to be 7 tomorrow and its soooo adorable! I can't wait until she gets a little bigger and will look good with saddle bags, then we can be twins! :love:

OK, I am guilty of spoiling my daughter at a young age, she was 5 when she received her first LV pochette, she's 6 1/2 and already has four but I think that they are very appropriate for both her age and size. Do I think she can pull off wearing a bag that size at her height.....yes but is that the right choice for her age.......NO.