Yellow gold or Rose gold?

I am also Asian and went for the rose gold. On my skin it looks more like a pale yellow gold than a true rose gold (for example I have a lot of costume jewelry that Is "rose gold"). I love the way it looks. The yellow gold definitely stood out more on my skin and I didn't want that for every day, but to each their own. In terms of discoloration, I would say that it hasn't changed on me. I have compared rose gold Cartier items that are about 3-4 years apart and they look the same. I would say it's slightly more pink than the Tiffany rose gold. So subtle thought that a it's difficult to tell the difference except in direct sunlight. If you can try on the colors, show pictures! I have never worn yellow gold and always gravitated towards white gold, but the Cartier rose gold looks fab on my skin! Now I wear the LOVE bracelet, a JUC with diamonds ring and a thumb ring all in rose gold!
do you mind posting a modelling shot of your pieces? thank you.

Do you mind posting some modelling shots of the two bracelets together? I would greatly appreciate it. I am kind of thinking of getting a yellow gold Love and a rose gold juc but still having a hard time making the decision. thank you.
Here you go - tried to get different shots in different lighting. Sometimes the difference between pink and yellow gold is less obvious. I paired my Cartier bracelets with a yellow gold Michele watch for comparison.IMG_7310.JPG IMG_7313.JPG IMG_7315.JPG

Here are comparison shots from last summer when I tried on the Love bracelets -- far left is yellow gold. The right is pink gold (diamond one is pink gold, too). A little hard to see the difference in the store lighting. Hope these photos help!
IMG_6679.JPG IMG_0406.JPG

Do you mind posting some modelling shots of the two bracelets together? I would greatly appreciate it. I am kind of thinking of getting a yellow gold Love and a rose gold juc but still having a hard time making the decision. thank you.
Hi - I only have the pink gold Love and pink gold JUC so never purchased the yellow gold bracelets. I wanted a more subtle color for every day wear. The photos I posted earlier show the two colors together when I tried them on at the store. I thought about purchasing the yellow gold Love but instead preferred to get a matching color to my pink gold JC (which I purchased prior to the Love). Hope this helps!

Thank you ladies for sharing pics of your pieces! The Pink Gold look superb! I'm dead set on the pink JUC but was debating betn the yg and pink gold love bracelet veering more towards the yg but now that I saw how beautiful the rose or pink gold is I'm thinking of getting both in pink gold. I still have a week to decide so I'll keep looking at more pics

Reactions: jpezmom
Thank you ladies for sharing pics of your pieces! The Pink Gold look superb! I'm dead set on the pink JUC but was debating betn the yg and pink gold love bracelet veering more towards the yg but now that I saw how beautiful the rose or pink gold is I'm thinking of getting both in pink gold. I still have a week to decide so I'll keep looking at more pics

I have had the rose gold bangle for a few months only and when I went to Cartier to try on the thin Love, my rose gold has faded to a point where it looks closer to the yellow gold than the rose gold. Very surprised the colour changed so quickly, the Cartier sales rep even thought I have had my bracelet on for a year.

So if you can't decide between the rose or yellow, I suggest get the rose gold since it will turn into yellow gold anyway.

I was so set between WG or RG (and against YG), but I ended up loving WG and YG best when I went to try exactly because it showed up on my skin better! The RG was almost an exact match to my skintone in person and just looked boring. From contrast-y to subtle it goes like this for me: WG > YG > RG. I ended up going with what I thought would be my last choice pick: the YG :smile:

Reactions: skatergal90
I'm dead set on getting the juc in RG and now am thinking of getting a YG Love. I like the fact that Cartier RG is subtle and one won't notice it's rose gold until you pay close attention so I might even get both in Rose gold [emoji4]

Hi! I have a YG Love open bracelet and Pink Gold JUC (both without diamonds). I'm Asian with a yellowish skin tone and tans easily. I wear my Love every day and I prefer my JUC on its own, not stacked and wear it on the opposite wrist without a watch ( but I don't wear the JUC everyday). The Love is 4 years old and has fine scratches. It's not as shiny as it was new but I [emoji173] it like this! I have other Cartier pink gold jewelry, but I preferred the Love in YG

Reactions: cheeks02
It really depends on your skin tone - I'm also Asian, with fair skin (approx NC15), and yellow gold can look too harsh on me. Rose gold on the other hand, is much more flattering.

I have had the rose gold bangle for a few months only and when I went to Cartier to try on the thin Love, my rose gold has faded to a point where it looks closer to the yellow gold than the rose gold. Very surprised the colour changed so quickly, the Cartier sales rep even thought I have had my bracelet on for a year.

So if you can't decide between the rose or yellow, I suggest get the rose gold since it will turn into yellow gold anyway.

This is exactly what I'm worried about. The Rose looks so good on my skin tone but most rose plates things turn very quickly on my skin. If I didn't do Rose I would do WG. I just wonder if I'll be disappointed with the Rose changing. So confused what to do.