Would you wear this bag in summer?

chelliotts

mīnīmalīst
May 29, 2016
Does this bag seem versatile enough to wear in summer? I received it for Christmas and absolutely love it, I'm just wondering how versatile it seems to everyone. TIA.

(For reference, it's a Minor History Half Moon tote in collaboration with artist Kat Chamberlin.)

kat_blog_3 (1).jpg

Reactions: Amazona
Does this bag seem versatile enough to wear in summer? I received it for Christmas and absolutely love it, I'm just wondering how versatile it seems to everyone. TIA.

(For reference, it's a Minor History Half Moon tote in collaboration with artist Kat Chamberlin.)

View attachment 4943488
Well, yes. The graphic designer (these photos came from her blog) who created the design printed on the bag obviously thinks it would work in the summer, since these photos are definitely summer.

Thanks for turning me on to a new bag company - Minor History has some great colors and bags!

Reactions: Amazona
Well, yes. The graphic designer (these photos came from her blog) who created the design printed on the bag obviously thinks it would work in the summer, since these photos are definitely summer.

Thanks for turning me on to a new bag company - Minor History has some great colors and bags!
As the person who posted the photos, I do realize where they come from.
I also know Minor History is trying to sell bags, so a summer photo is a must! That's why I'm trying to get opinions - do others think it works in summer too?

As the person who posted the photos, I do realize where they come from.
I also know Minor History is trying to sell bags, so a summer photo is a must! That's why I'm trying to get opinions - do others think it works in summer too?
I'm glad you realize where the photos were obtained, because nobody here did. Thanks for clarifying that.

2 out of 3 responses have indicated they'd wear a black bag in the summer.

Again, thanks for the heads-up on the new-to-me brand! :sunshine:

Reactions: slsk
I wouldn't wear a black bag in summer because I can only use my summer bags for a couple of months per year. But if you would walk by wearing this tote, then I wouldn't think anything of it.

I have bags I love, adore and never wear, and bags I don't love as much but do use a lot. If you love this bag, don't measure that by versatility but by how it makes you feel when you look at it and how you feel wearing it.

Totally. Most of my bags are black. They go with everything.
I actually don't distinguish between seasons to decide what bag I take out (always astonishes me that actually there are many people on this forum doing this).
Only thing is about weather / seasons is that I don't take my more sensitive bags (e.g. with untreated leather) out when it is pouring rain.

The only bags that I don't wear in summer are shearling and faux fur.
I will definitely wear black bags in summer if it goes best with my outfit, but I would rarely wear a large black tote.