Would you shower with a white gold and diamond bracelet?

I've done this with one of my bracelets that's white gold with pave' diamonds....a woven Hermes piece that I will leave on for a couple of days at a time.

Obviously it has to be cleaned so I do so gently with a soft toothbrush of shampoo and follow it up with alcohol after I finish my shower(s)

HA! It sounds like my bracelet needs a drink after going thru the trauma of a cleaning:lol:

Hermesbracelet5-1.jpg

^^ isus that is a goooorgeous bracelet! Mine is not as blingy as yours. :P If you can shower with that on I think I'll have no problem.

I didn't know about the toothbrush trick. Will definitely try that out. Thank you everyone!

I never take off my Peretti Diamonds by the Yard necklace and it's fine. I've been showering with it on for years and years. When it gets dirty, I clean it with jewellery cleaner.

My concern is for the gold not the diamonds, as it's pretty impossible to harm a diamond. White gold is a bit yellow, and then it is plated with rhodium to make it the bright silvery color we usually think of as white gold. If you shower with white gold on, it will wear away the rhodium fairly quickly, and your bracelet will start to look a little yellow. Personally, I love the look of white gold when it wears yellow. You can easily take the bracelet to a jeweler and have it replated with rhodium.

My diamond bracelet never leaves my wrist, i love it to much (ha!) I have grown to to being an extension of my body. I know that sounds stupid but i feel naked without it. So yes it does accompany my showers. i haven't ever noticed a build up of soap, yet?

My concern is for the gold not the diamonds, as it's pretty impossible to harm a diamond. White gold is a bit yellow, and then it is plated with rhodium to make it the bright silvery color we usually think of as white gold. If you shower with white gold on, it will wear away the rhodium fairly quickly, and your bracelet will start to look a little yellow. Personally, I love the look of white gold when it wears yellow. You can easily take the bracelet to a jeweler and have it replated with rhodium.

Oh interesting... didn't think of this. What does it look like when it wears away? Any pictures?

Oh interesting... didn't think of this. What does it look like when it wears away? Any pictures?

I don't have any photos of white gold without rhodium, but they might not be an accurate depiction of what your bracelet would look like without rhodium anyway, as the parts that make up white gold vary. This means that some white gold will wear more yellow than others. Pretty much any piece of white gold jewelry that gets a lot of use needs to be rhodium plated once in a while to make it look bright and shiny. If you're showering with the bracelet on, you aren't hurting it, you're just speeding up the rate at which the rhodium wears away, and you'll have to clean the diamonds often. HTH:smile:

You are absolutely right about the the Rhodium plating wearing away! Rhodium plating is now common practice in the jewelry industry which is not disclosed.

Sure, I would! I shower with my jewelry on at times. I have an ultrasonic cleaner that takes care of any soapy residue. My anniversary ring is WG and I have never had any problems with it discoloring.