Would you rehab this bag??

I have been cleaning and rehabing coach bags for over 15 years, British Tan, Camel, Putty have been the most difficult and I had given up on them, but I never soaked/washed them in soapy water before.. I cringe at the thought of doing so, but you folks here have given me hope and encouragement. I have just bought a BT Lindsey on eBay, not received yet, as a test project. It is one that I would like to keep if it comes out well. The price is very low and the condition is not terrible, at least in photos, so i am not risking much.

I do have a question before I start: when soaking the bag in soapy water, do I scrub it, brush it or just let it soak? I will take take before and after pics to post. Thanks for your help.
Hi, I jumped into the deep end of the rehab pool a little over a year ago. I actually did my first two real rehabs on a tabac/putty convertable clutch and a light brown classic hobo. Mainly because they were water stained messes I found for ten bucks each at a flea market. I was completely comfortable with any thing happening because of the minimal investment. It was love at first sight for the neutral palette. I have purchased two Brits already in very very good condition, an Oliver and Bancroft that I did not dunk. They didn’t need it. I bought other Brits with various degrees of stains and a few camel bags also. Dunked them all. Do not feel the dunking conditioning changed anything for the worse.
Do you have tester bag, that if anything went less than you hoped, you won’t feel crushed?? It can be a great confidence booster. And I gently scrub my dunks with a flat bristle soft Colgate toothbrush!

Hi, I jumped into the deep end of the rehab pool a little over a year ago. I actually did my first two real rehabs on a tabac/putty convertable clutch and a light brown classic hobo. Mainly because they were water stained messes I found for ten bucks each at a flea market. I was completely comfortable with any thing happening because of the minimal investment. It was love at first sight for the neutral palette. I have purchased two Brits already in very very good condition, an Oliver and Bancroft that I did not dunk. They didn’t need it. I bought other Brits with various degrees of stains and a few camel bags also. Dunked them all. Do not feel the dunking conditioning changed anything for the worse.
Do you have tester bag, that if anything went less than you hoped, you won’t feel crushed?? It can be a great confidence booster. And I gently scrub my dunks with a flat bristle soft Colgate toothbrush!

Thank you. You have added to my confidence, especially for the lighter colors. I am not usually shy about trying things out. I am hoping that one bag that I have, which is stretched out/pooched out from overfilling can return to flatter shape after a bath.

I am seriously thinking about this girl. Seriously.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coach-Briefcase-Messenger-Bag-041-1105-Made-in-USA-Brown-Project-Bag/132398259157?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
And apparently a few others are too. I like that the seller is calling it a project. I am just mulling over the total cost with shipping against the piping split and tear/loose stitching.
It seems overpriced for that much damage. The piping doesn't scare me but the rip does.

This has to be the most seriously parched bag I . Have. Ever. Seen. New Mexico, says it all. I actually have this Classic Hobo, with a bit of wear. Looks new next to this one! The seller writes “typical wear”??:whut:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coach-Beige-Leather-Handbag-Purse-Crossbody-tag-308-9875/253317592403?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
Conditioned up, that leather could make some interesting tassels.
It's fake! That's probably why the leather didn't hold up.