Would you rehab this bag??

For $20 this is a good experiment for how a lighter color bag would rehab. NA but not pinging my radar. It is big enough for a long wallet, but that dark lining can make things hard to find.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Coach-Handbag/163658434255?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160811114145&meid=78cd8db10df247258aa76bb5542f79f3&pid=100667&rk=1&rkt=8&sd=163658434255&itm=163658434255&_trksid=p2045573.c100667.m2042
somebody bought it for $10

Not going to lie, I saw this Etsy listing and immediately decided I would NOT take on this job because I do not want to deal with mold but has anyone on here successfully rehabbed a moldy Coach? Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/687510396/
What a deal! I don't see any visible mold damage. If the mold has progressed enough that it has eaten away at the leather, that can't be fixed. But if it is just a smell, they could be rehabbed well. The problem is that they could get more damaged during shipping.

Reactions: VintageViv
What a deal! I don't see any visible mold damage. If the mold has progressed enough that it has eaten away at the leather, that can't be fixed. But if it is just a smell, they could be rehabbed well. The problem is that they could get more damaged during shipping.
I know, insane price! Maybe if I was a reseller I would take a chance on these but none of the style are on my current wishlist. I'm just really hoping if another TPFer gets them we'll get updates on the rehab thread!

You said you didn't see signs of mold damage, Whateve, but I thought there weren't enough pix posted for all 3 bags to really tell much. Anyone chancing it should ask the seller for more maybe. Though, at that price I could see someone deciding to gamble. What could happen during shipping? Disintegration?

I know, insane price! Maybe if I was a reseller I would take a chance on these but none of the style are on my current wishlist. I'm just really hoping if another TPFer gets them we'll get updates on the rehab thread!

You said you didn't see signs of mold damage, Whateve, but I thought there weren't enough pix posted for all 3 bags to really tell much. Anyone chancing it should ask the seller for more maybe. Though, at that price I could see someone deciding to gamble. What could happen during shipping? Disintegration?
It depends on if there is any humidity and warmth, which creates ideal conditions for mold to grow. If there is any moisture trapped inside the package, that will accelerate the growth.

I live in a desert area. One summer our power went out right after I dunked a bag. Our summer temperatures are usually in the 100s. We ended up spending the night in a hotel. When we got back the next day, the dunked bag was pitted with mold damage. I don't really know if there was any mold on the bag to begin with, but I don't remember seeing or smelling any. I think all that damage happened overnight.

^^^^^^^^^^
Not going to lie, I saw this Etsy listing and immediately decided I would NOT take on this job because I do not want to deal with mold but has anyone on here successfully rehabbed a moldy Coach? Link: https://www.etsy.com/listing/687510396/

It depends on if there is any humidity and warmth, which creates ideal conditions for mold to grow. If there is any moisture trapped inside the package, that will accelerate the growth.

I live in a desert area. One summer our power went out right after I dunked a bag. Our summer temperatures are usually in the 100s. We ended up spending the night in a hotel. When we got back the next day, the dunked bag was pitted with mold damage. I don't really know if there was any mold on the bag to begin with, but I don't remember seeing or smelling any. I think all that damage happened overnight.
Wow! I'm pretty careful about how I store my bags because it gets very humid in summer where I am. Never had mold so far knock wood!

As long as they're dry they should be ok? It gets very humid where I live too and I try not to use my air conditioner because I have parrots. I never even thought about my bags!! :shocked:
I think you'd only have to worry if you have bags sealed up in plastic bins. I know moisture can collect in those. Most of my handbags are stored on shelves in my closet inside cloth dust bags, which seems to work pretty well. I have a few less expensive/less rare bags I have stashed in a little plastic dresser in my closet but I still have them dustbagged and keep desicates with them just to be safe. If it is a bag I don't use much I'll still "air it out" once in awhile.

Reactions: Morgan_Bellini